Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Easter Sunday Dinner (Don't look, Cowboy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CJF View Post
    Divorced, with the kids, living in Utah. You need a better attorney.
    Sadly, it isn't all about the attorney.

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
      Hey Wuap, how did you affix the pineapple slices to the ham? Toothpicks?

I bet that would taste pretty good. When my family eats out at a churascurria, we all fight over the grilled pineapple when the gauchos bring them to the table.

I'm thinking that you could use fresh pineapple if you marinate it in a rum sauce first. From the internet:

1/2 cup honey
      1/2 cup rum
      1 Tbl lemon juice
      Marinate and grill.
      http://www.channel3000.com/food/16657886/detail.html

or
      1 cup rum (substitute 1/2 cup dark brown sugar)
      1 Tbl cinnamon
      2 cups water
      http://video.about.com/bbq/Grilled-Pineapple.htm

I bet these might be suitable, so you don't have to have that aluminum can flavor from the canned pineapple. I might try it, with the pineapple on the side.
      I can't remember how he did it, but there was definitely something pokey holding them in place. I'm sure sturdy toothpicks would work fine without changing the flavor. I'm going to go ahead and say that rum and pineapple are good friends, and any excuse to get them together is going to be well received by all. In colonial Louisiana, women were not allowed to drink liquor publicly. So, there was always a jar of pineapple chunks in rum (to preserve them) on the table in the parlor, so that the women too could get drunk genteelly eating chunk pineapple while the men snifted their cognac.
      "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Also, there's something really wrong with celebrating the weekend of the Passover with a ham.
        sigpic
        "Outlined against a blue, gray
        October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
        Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

Originally posted by cowboy View Post
          Also, there's something really wrong with celebrating the weekend of the Passover with a ham.
          amen, brother, amen.
          Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
          God forgives many things for an act of mercy
          Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Last year I enjoyed doro wat and enjera, that was a great Easter meal. I just can't get the spices right to do on our own.
            Get confident, stupid
            -landpoke

Comment

A cool married couple in the ward that are friends of mine took pity and invited me to dinner. Holla! :rockon2: I'll report back if it's notable.
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                maybe if you're still Jewish. It's kinda like- "peace out, Law of Moses! Time for the main event!!"
                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Friends aren't having us over until 5, so we were able to make our brunch. Hooray.
                  So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
                    maybe if you're still Jewish. It's kinda like- "peace out, Law of Moses! Time for the main event!!"
                    no, man. The Lamb of God is the main event at Easter. I'm about ready to put mine on the grill.
                    Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
                      no, man. The Lamb of God is the main event at Easter. I'm about ready to put mine on the grill.
                      I tried to talk my wife into lamb but no luck. She ate too much lamb and mutton as a kid.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I hope you're taking pictures. I've never been a fan of lamb, but I think I want to try grilling it sometime in the near future.
                        A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          I tried to talk my wife into lamb but no luck. She ate too much lamb and mutton as a kid.
                          Mutton is gross.
                          "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

Touche. However, I've only had good lamb a couple of times, and once was with mint sauce in New zealand where they do it right. It comes off as gamey most times.

Comment

Originally posted by CJF View Post
                              I hope you're taking pictures. I've never been a fan of lamb, but I think I want to try grilling it sometime in the near future.
                              Sorry, I never think to take pictures, but it turned out really well. I used Alton Brown's "Silence of the Leg-O-Lamb" recipe. It has a lot of flavor, but make sure you go easy on the mint and you don't need 5 tablespoons of mustard, 3 will do it.
                              Alessandro Manzoni

pelagius

Comment

Beef spareribs
                                New potatoes, mashed
                                Brown Gravy
                                Fresh corn on the cob (living close to Florida has its benefits) with Irish butter.
                                "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Working...
                                X