Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Easter Sunday Dinner (Don't look, Cowboy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EC5E04FE-9255-420E-98A9-457CF6DE3A49.jpg

A cowboy-friendly Easter protein.

One of the mysteries of my new smoker is that it doesn’t create a great bark, so I didn’t wrap this at all, and the bark was decent.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

I made mojo pork tacos with pineapple salsa.
      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
        I made mojo pork tacos with pineapple salsa.
        For what? April 21st Sunday Dinner?
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
          [ATTACH]9505[/ATTACH]

A cowboy-friendly Easter protein.

One of the mysteries of my new smoker is that it doesn’t create a great bark, so I didn’t wrap this at all, and the bark was decent.
          We can be friends.
          sigpic
          "Outlined against a blue, gray
          October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
          Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

I got together with most of my siblings and their families for a potluck Easter dinner. My brother cooked a couple different types of ham (sorry, cowboy). We contributed some salad and cheesecake with strawberry topping. We had fun.
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

With just the wife and me, we felt unrestrained by tradition, so recognizing neither of us love ham (it's good, but nothing special), we went with ribeye steaks (sous vide). Still a faithful cowboy disciple...

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                For what? April 21st Sunday Dinner?
                I think we heathens can celebrate a holiday based on ancient pagan rituals by dying eggs, telling our child a bunny hid eggs in the house, and giving him a basket full of candy. For ease, we call this holiday Easter as well.
                As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

I'mma in Texas, so we did brisket. You're welcome cowboy

Comment

In spite of prime rib being priced much lower than usual, I picked up a bone-in ham butt for Easter dinner. In looking through this thread, the only advice I see for preparing it is putting pineapple on top. Anyone have any other ideas for kicking the ham up a notch?
                    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

I always enjoy a good orange glaze on ham. The missus does not enjoy any sweet with cooked meat however, so I have no practical experience in making it.

We didn't buy anything new at the store this week, so I have a chuck roast from the freezer I put on the smoker at 6. It's finishing in the oven now. I treated it the same way I cook a briskett, so we'll see how this one turns out.

Comment

step 1 go pick up a ham from honeybaked ham
                        step 2 eat
                        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

I tried to cedar plank grill some salmon for the the first time in my life and the plank burned to a crisp. My life is like a bad sitcom right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                            I tried to cedar plank grill some salmon for the the first time in my life and the plank burned to a crisp. My life is like a bad sitcom right now.
                            I've been wanting to try that as well. Guess I'll wait to hear how to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                              aren’t you supposed to soak the planks?
                              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                                aren’t you supposed to soak the planks?
                                Yes. I did that. Supposed to keep the grill at about 450 and spray down any flare ups. It was going great but then I got distracted for 5 minutes and the temp spiked to over 600. When I opened the grill the planks were engulfed in flames.

The salmon actually turned out fine and the flavor is great. I'd just like to use the planks more than once in future attempts.

Comment

Working...
                                X