New BYU rankings out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
    I wonder if the LGBT community will send a letter threatening to boycott CNBC?

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
      I wonder if the LGBT community will send a letter threatening to boycott CNBC?
      Even if they did they'd still whine about the honor code less than you.

Comment

Is this accurate? What goes into these amounts? I figure its more than just tuition. Does it include room & board as well as books? Seems pretty high, especially since I think tuition was something ridiculous like $3000 a year when I was there.

Estimated price for 2016-17 without aid: $18,500
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Also, this is incredible:

Princeton

Estimated price for 2016-17 without aid: $61,300

Estimated price for 2016-17 with average aid: $20,100

Average student debt: $6,810

Princeton University's generous financial aid makes it, according to MONEY's analysis, the most affordable member of the Ivy League. The school gives out such large grants to the six in 10 families who qualify (families earning less than $250,000 generally get some aid) that more than 83% of students graduate without any debt.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
            Is this accurate? What goes into these amounts? I figure its more than just tuition. Does it include room & board as well as books? Seems pretty high, especially since I think tuition was something ridiculous like $3000 a year when I was there.
            Probably based on on-campus housing with a meal plan. Books, fees, etc. As a parent of a student at BYU, the $18.5K figure is close. His brothers are at Texas A&M (in state tuition) and BYU is cheaper. BYU continues to be an excellent value.
            “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
            "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
              WWU is a great college, located in....ummm.... Tacoma? Puyallup? Regardless, we Washingtonians think it is definitely one the top 20 schools in the state
              Bro, WWU is in B-Ham! There used to be a great Pita Pit that serviced the students right downtown. I'm not sure if it is still there or not.
              Get confident, stupid
              -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                Bro, WWU is in B-Ham! There used to be a great Pita Pit that serviced the students right downtown. I'm not sure if it is still there or not.
                Where is Rocky Balboa when you need some info on successful and failed business owners?!
                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                  The Red Robin there is my usual stop before crossing the border on my way to Whistler. I'm always way too full to eat at RR since lunch is always at the claim jumper or somewhere downtown seattle. Last time I just went to Taco Time to keep it light and ended up eating too much anyway.
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                    Where is Rocky Balboa when you need some info on successful and failed business owners?!
                    He must've posted about this 54224674326 times.

I miss Rocky.
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

Comment

BYU needs add space to that shelf.

Top 10 US college campuses to view fall foliage
                      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

BYU needs add space to that shelf.

Top 10 US college campuses to view fall foliage
                        I miss Fall in Provo. Or Utah in general. Not the same here in the Bay Area.

Comment

Wall Street Journal ranks BYU #2 for "Students Highly Engaged in Learning".

http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-top-...ges-1475030404

Opening line:

Want a school that will engage your mind? Put Brigham Young University on your short list.
                          I am sure SU would agree on this.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Opening line:

I don't think so.
                            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Opening line:

Here is a prediction of his response.

su.jpg
                              One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

Woot

I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
                              SU

Comment

Originally posted by snowcat View Post
                                Here is a prediction of his response.
                                Haha.

If we could photoshop Scut Farkus blowing on a vuvuzela then I think we will have the perfect SU meme.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X