Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
    I'll take a stab at this.
    Thanks for the summary. I'm working through this long thread right now and taking notes. Only about 1600 more posts to go.

I intend to post a summary of what I got out of studying this, including a few interesting sidetrack discussions that don't have anything directly to do with Obamacare. I'm anticipating getting to the part where there are actual facts, rather than the guesses about what would happen as it was about 2013 where I'm reading now.

Comment

• Need another $15b to prop up the ObamaCare dead corpse...

Insurers are trying to get an ObamaCare bailout

Guess who’s on the hook in one of the largest lawsuits ever? You.

More than 100 health-insurance companies are suing you and the rest of America’s taxpayers. Insurers want you to bail them out for money they lost trying to sell ObamaCare plans — a whopping $15 billion. A ruling from the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit is expected any day.

It’s a brazen money grab. In 2010, powerful insurance-industry officials worked hand in glove with Democrats to enact the Affordable Care Act, a scheme compelling everyone to buy health insurance. It doesn’t get any sweeter than that: a law making your product mandatory.

But insurers are seeking even more. They claim their cozy deal also insulated them from losing money during the first three years they tried to sell ObamaCare plans. Maybe that’s what Obama administration officials whispered to health insurers. But the actual wording of the ACA didn’t commit a single dollar of taxpayer money to offset losses. And twice since then Congress has passed additional laws clarifying that taxpayers will not be compensating insurers who lose money on ObamaCare.
      [...]
      https://nypost.com/2018/03/20/insure...acare-bailout/
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Yet another nail into the Obamacare coffin...

AG Paxton Wins Multistate Obamacare Tax Lawsuit, Recoups Over $839 Million, Including Nearly $305 Million for Texas Taxpayers

Attorney General Ken Paxton today commended a U.S. District Court decision ordering the Internal Revenue Service to repay Texas and five other states more than $839 million because of an unlawful Obamacare tax on state Medicaid programs. Of that total amount, Texas stands to be repaid $304,730,608.

“Obamacare is unconstitutional, plain and simple,” Attorney General Paxton said. “We all know that the feds cannot tax the states, and we’re proud to return this illegally collected money to the people of Texas.”

In October 2015, Attorney General Paxton led a multistate lawsuit against the federal government over the Obama-era regulation that threatened to choke off Medicaid funds for the health needs of millions of Texas citizens unless Texas taxpayers paid a portion of the Health Insurance Providers Fee to help fund Obamacare.
        [...]
        https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov...839-million-in
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• The US healthcare “system” is so stupid. Patients deal with this stuff all the time. Single payer wouldn’t be perfect but at least we would all know the rules and I think providers and patients could make it work.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...h-108-951-bill

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/26/doct...ollection.html

Comment

• I'm seriously considering switching from my atrociously useless work plan to a christian health share come October.

Tell me why I shouldn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
              I'm seriously considering switching from my atrociously useless work plan to a christian health share come October.

Tell me why I shouldn't.
              Do you expect to have any medical expenses from "non-Christian activities?" Also, how do you feel about biblical based mediation and arbitration?
              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                Do you expect to have any medical expenses from "non-Christian activities?" Also, how do you feel about biblical based mediation and arbitration?
                I don't participate in any non-Christian activities! As long as it pays my bills, I don't care how it works.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                  I'm seriously considering switching from my atrociously useless work plan to a christian health share come October.

Tell me why I shouldn't.
                  They might not accept you. Some don't accept Mormons.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    They might not accept you. Some don't accept Mormons.
                    What is this Mormon thing of which you speak? No mormons here.
                    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Open enrollment time. Healthcare premiums for my family of 6 (well, for my 5 dependents—my employer pays my premium) on my middle-of-the-road PPO raised from $13k/year to $17.5k/year.
                      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                        Open enrollment time. Healthcare premiums for my family of 6 (well, for my 5 dependents—my employer pays my premium) on my middle-of-the-road PPO raised from $13k/year to $17.5k/year.
                        Great. I can hardly wait to see our premium increase.
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Open enrollment time. Healthcare premiums for my family of 6 (well, for my 5 dependents—my employer pays my premium) on my middle-of-the-road PPO raised from $13k/year to $17.5k/year.
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

Does your firm not pay the premium for your family?
                            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                              Does your firm not pay the premium for your family?
                              sounds like they don't. but my reading comprehension isn't always first-rate.
                              I'm like LeBron James.
                              -mpfunk

Comment

Thanks, Trump!

Comment

Working...
                                X