X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VCU was a play-in game participant last year. BYU to final 4! :rockon2:

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
      I agree. Calling Thursday/Friday second round games is dumb.
      You'll be happy to know that most of CB thinks that if BYU beats Iona it is just as impressive as any old first round win, same thing as when BYU finally beat Florida in 2010 for the first first round win since 1992 and our 2 wins last year.

The new cool thing to do is hope you get a play-in game and then pretend that if you win that game you won a real tourney game!

Those 16 seeds winning their play-in against another 16 seed were really much impressive than BYU losing as a 12 seed all those years in the real first round, we had it all wrong.

Comment

• Considering that this was a rebuilding year for BYU, I'm pretty happy with making the NCAAs. A 14th seed is strange, but I'm really jus happy to keep the NCAA tourney streak alive. If we beat Iona, another streak we should be proud of starts growing too. I'm liking the state of BYU basketball.
        "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

• Did I hear right that the NCAA was going to release the full 68-team S-curve this year? If so, has it already been released?
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
            Did I hear right that the NCAA was going to release the full 68-team S-curve this year? If so, has it already been released?
            It was released.
            Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
              Did I hear right that the NCAA was going to release the full 68-team S-curve this year? If so, has it already been released?
              I read that BYU was #42 or thereabouts.
              "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

• Originally posted by kccougar View Post
                I read that BYU was #42 or thereabouts.
                which is firmly on the bubble given auto qualifiers.
                Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• #48:

http://www.sbnation.com/2012-ncaa-to...-overall-seeds

Also, the S-curve shows that the Committee Chair didn't understand the question when asked if Iona was the last to get in. He said no, yet they are the lowest at-large team on the S-curve (#50).
                  "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                  X