Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: The Official Tri-Tip thread

Best sandwich I've had in a long time. One slice of bread with a smoked garlic and herb butter compound that I made and the other with a thin layer of horseradish. Leftover tri-tip in between. Heaven.
    A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Used Spade L ranch rub and smoked with Oak to 135 and then reverse seared. Came out medium, which is what my family wants. Very good, but the Spade L was lacking. In fact, I think I’ve gotten to the point that anything other than salt, pepper, and garlic powder (maybe onion powder as well) is just inferior when it comes to beef. I’ve gone totally salt/pepper on brisket and salt/pepper/garlic/onion on steak and burgers. Time to do it for all beef.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Default The Official Tri-Tip thread

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post

Used Spade L ranch rub and smoked with Oak to 135 and then reverse seared. Came out medium, which is what my family wants. Very good, but the Spade L was lacking. In fact, I think I’ve gotten to the point that anything other than salt, pepper, and garlic powder (maybe onion powder as well) is just inferior when it comes to beef. I’ve gone totally salt/pepper on brisket and salt/pepper/garlic/onion on steak and burgers. Time to do it for all beef.
    Looks medium well to me; no amount of Spade L or Salt/Pepper/Garlic can help that.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock