The Official Tri-Tip thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    I thought Albertson's no longer exists in Utah. Didn't it become Fresh Market or Fresh Value or something like that?
    You're right.
    "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

I've seen the Spade L Ranch stuff at Smiths.

Comment

Did tri tip tonight, forgot to snap pics. Same method as before....hickory, 225 the entire time, smoked to 135 internal (about an hour). Transfer to grill on highest heat, sear for about 1.5 mins on each side. tent in foil, rest for around 10-15 mins. Absolutely perfect, juicy, tender, delicious.

I picked up rolls from Shirley's bakery, we served with homemade potato salad, and cotc. Great dinner.

Also, HUGE shoutout to kccougar. Spade L Ranch rub was so amazing. Everyone loved it. I did one with the roasted garlic peppercorn and one with Spade L. Next time I will do both with Spade L. Might be my new favorite rub. Absolutely incredible stuff, at least with tri tip. I would implore my fellow smokers to try it out.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Did tri tip tonight, forgot to snap pics. Same method as before....hickory, 225 the entire time, smoked to 135 internal (about an hour). Transfer to grill on highest heat, sear for about 1.5 mins on each side. tent in foil, rest for around 10-15 mins. Absolutely perfect, juicy, tender, delicious.

I picked up rolls from Shirley's bakery, we served with homemade potato salad, and cotc. Great dinner.

Also, HUGE shoutout to kccougar. Spade L Ranch rub was so amazing. Everyone loved it. I did one with the roasted garlic peppercorn and one with Spade L. Next time I will do both with Spade L. Might be my new favorite rub. Absolutely incredible stuff, at least with tri tip. I would implore my fellow smokers to try it out.
          I'm making chili tomorrow for our DO cookoff. I picked up a bottle of Spade based on KC's recommendation. Can't wait to try it.
          A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by CJF View Post
            I'm making chili tomorrow for our DO cookoff. I picked up a bottle of Spade based on KC's recommendation. Can't wait to try it.
            Have you popped the cap yet? stuff smells great, tastes even better.

what is your chili recipe? Might be fun to make some chili with bread bowls.

sigpic

Comment

Nothing special. Mostly a hodge podge of ingredients. I cheat and use Staggs as my base, add what I have around the kitchen and a tri-tip. I will almost always throw an onion, three or four serrano peppers, garlic cloves, a green or red pepper and even a shallot into the food processor and chop coarsely. Sauté in a DO, throw in the cubed up beef, add the chili, spices, a bean and corn salsa, and simmer for a couple hours. The tri-tip and the fresh produce make it really pretty good.
              A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Annoying that the bottle isn't a shaker.

Comment

Olive oil plus Spade.

I'll drop one in a couple hours, wish me luck.

Comment

OMGosh....

Hickory - 225 for about an hour until 135 - grill on each side

Tried to get the char marks

Im sweating my cut I ended up cutting a couple different ways couldn't really tell a difference as far as tenderness

Amazingly fantastic.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Nice Job Fus! I take it the pork is for tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                        Nice Job Fus! I take it the pork is for tomorrow?
                        Thanks buddy.

Just had a tri tip quesadilla for breakfast.....good heavens, unreal. I literally might eat tritip everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by fusnik View Post
                          OMGosh....

Hickory - 225 for about an hour until 135 - grill on each side

Tried to get the char marks

Im sweating my cut I ended up cutting a couple different ways couldn't really tell a difference as far as tenderness

Amazingly fantastic.

Thanks for your help.
                          You have inspired me. I am doing tri-tip for dinner tonight.
                          I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

Fus, I noticed you rocked the Spade L on your 3 pointed slabs. What was the verdict? Did you dig the flavor? We absolutely loved it. That stuff has some serious mojo.

Also, that middle picture of the cut with the juice....that thing should be a centerfold. :rockon1:

sigpic

Comment

Where are you folks picking up the Spade-L rub? I have been scouring local markets but I haven't found any.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                Where are you folks picking up the Spade-L rub? I have been scouring local markets but I haven't found any.
                                Sniders has Spade for beef, poultry, and pork. Get steppin'. You also need some frogmats.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X