CUF Ride 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CUF Ride 2012

It is passed our usual time to discuss plans for a CUF ride this season.

We have had some amazing weekend trips the past 3 years, so hopefully we can keep the momentum this year.

I know there are several other big rides scheduled this year, so finding the right date may be tricky.

So I will start by throwing out what dates I should be available and we can go from there. This trip shouldn't revolve around me, by any means, so if a critical mass of other riders are only available on other dates, then that should certainly be given priority.

Weekends I have available:

June 8-10
    June 28-30
    Aug 10-12

Any other thoughts from riders that would like to make this thing happen? I know Seattle to Portland and the Death Ride are both July 14th, so that weekend is out, unless people just want to use those rides as our official get-togethers this season.

Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
    It is passed our usual time to discuss plans for a CUF ride this season.

We have had some amazing weekend trips the past 3 years, so hopefully we can keep the momentum this year.

I know there are several other big rides scheduled this year, so finding the right date may be tricky.

So I will start by throwing out what dates I should be available and we can go from there. This trip shouldn't revolve around me, by any means, so if a critical mass of other riders are only available on other dates, then that should certainly be given priority.

Weekends I have available:

June 8-10
    June 28-30
    Aug 10-12

Any other thoughts from riders that would like to make this thing happen? I know Seattle to Portland and the Death Ride are both July 14th, so that weekend is out, unless people just want to use those rides as our official get-togethers this season.
    I vote June 8-10 in Utah somewhere. I am already planning to be there during that time period.

Edit: let me confirm that's the weekend.
    Last edited by Pheidippides; 03-05-2012, 03:12 PM.
    Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

Are people really set on switching locations?
      I like Tahoe. Great weather, beautiful scenery, plenty of accomodations, I can mooch off PAC, etc. Why change a good thing?
      Salsa will be in on it this year if we can pick a good weekend and a good location. I'm not opposed to Utah, but Tahoe sure is tough to beat.
      At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
      -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
        Are people really set on switching locations?
        I like Tahoe. Great weather, beautiful scenery, plenty of accomodations, I can mooch off PAC, etc. Why change a good thing?
        Salsa will be in on it this year if we can pick a good weekend and a good location. I'm not opposed to Utah, but Tahoe sure is tough to beat.
        I agree with what you are saying here. It is a great, fairly-centrally located spot with some amazing scenery. We've done it twice now and had great rides each time.

Bend was also an excellent place to ride, but was a bit more out of the way for many.

Utah or Idaho would also be nice, but some of the California or Oregon riders may have some troubles making it there.

If we could come up with a new route, would people be interested in doing Tahoe again? I wouldn't be opposed to doing the route around the lake again, but would suggest that if we did that we find an alternate to riding the main road through South Lake Tahoe. I think there are some nice back roads down there that are off the main strip that would add some miles, but would be much more pleasant than the normal route.

Comment

I don't participate here nearly as much as I used to, but I'd probably be game to meet up and go for a ride. Don't have any strong opinions on when since it looks like the general time of the proposed dates are outside of tax season. Looking forward to seeing what you guys decide.

Comment

bump

The wife is bugging me about getting this on the schedule. She likes the idea of Tahoe again. We can try to get our timeshare if we can set the dates early enough.

I vote for 8/3-8/5, @ Tahoe.
            "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

As always, we're interested in doing a CUF Ride. Unfortunately, due to expected births, weddings, Seattle-to-Portland, parole hearings, etc., it looks like the only weekend available between now and the end of the summer is Aug. 10-12. For now, at least, we'd be up for that.

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                As always, we're interested in doing a CUF Ride. Unfortunately, due to expected births, weddings, Seattle-to-Portland, parole hearings, etc., it looks like the only weekend available between now and the end of the summer is Aug. 10-12. For now, at least, we'd be up for that.
                That weekend works for us as well.
                "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                  Ooh, that would probably work for me. Before that, no, but that one would work.

Comment

It looks like Aug 10-12 is still open for me as well. Tahoe has treated us right for two years. I would definitely be game for a Tahoe Trifecta.

Comment

Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
                      It looks like Aug 10-12 is still open for me as well. Tahoe has treated us right for two years. I would definitely be game for a Tahoe Trifecta.
                      That's my birthday weekend so ride a few miles for me.
                      What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
                      -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Originally posted by marsupial View Post
                        That's my birthday weekend so ride a few miles for me.
                        Mine too! Aug 9th. We have so much in common.

Comment

That might not work for us. Looks like the new school year starts on the 21st, and teachers are typically required to be at school and working 2 weeks ahead of time. That would mean the 4th would be the latest we could go out of town for a group ride.

Comment

10-12 works for me. I am good with where ever.

Comment

Working...
                            X