No announcement yet.

BYU hoops for 2012-2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carlino getting some really nice minutes after not starting tonight. Several drives breaking down the zone, nice dishes, defensive pest.
    "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

• Down by 1 to CSUN in the final minutes.

Why the hell is Craig Cusick playing so many minutes? He's not a great ball handler and he's struggling with his shot.

Winder made a brief appearance and he's back out. Why no Delgado? No Calvert? I am not sure what Rose is doing with his lineups and rotations yet.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
        Down by 1 to CSUN in the final minutes.

Why the hell is Craig Cusick playing so many minutes? He's not a great ball handler and he's struggling with his shot.

Winder made a brief appearance and he's back out. Why no Delgado? No Calvert? I am not sure what Rose is doing with his lineups and rotations yet.
        Have you watched Calvert and Delgado?
        "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

• That CSUN team was very good, and BYU handed them their first loss of the season. What conference do they play in?
          "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

• Originally posted by kccougar View Post
            Have you watched Calvert and Delgado?
            Yes. And both have way more upside than Cusick. I'd like to see them get more minutes in meaningless games. Granted tonight wasn't one of those because they couldn't put away CSUN.
            -Turtle
            sigpic

Comment

• What Haws has done as a sophomore coming off a mission is about as impressive as any RM since Michael Smith in '87. Early on, perhaps even more impressive.
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

Comment

That CSUN team was very good, and BYU handed them their first loss of the season. What conference do they play in?
                For real?
                -Turtle
                sigpic

Comment

• Please can somebody explain 2 things?

1. What's with the Chicago Provo tee shirts?
                  2. What is the name of the new BYU president? What comes after whoosh...?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                    Please can somebody explain 2 things?

1. What's with the Chicago Provo tee shirts?
                    2. What is the name of the new BYU president? What comes after whoosh...?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
                    1) Jabari Parker was at the game today, so they made Tshirts for it to welcome him.

2) Woosh, Cecil! is what they currently say. I don't think they've announced a new president at this point.
                    Last edited by The_Douger; 11-24-2012, 08:51 PM.
                    Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

That CSUN team was very good, and BYU handed them their first loss of the season. What conference do they play in?
                      The announcers said Northridge is picked to finish eighth in the Big West Conference. If they play the rest of the season the way they did tonight they can't finish worse than second or third. That was a fun game to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                        The announcers said Northridge is picked to finish eighth in the Big West Conference. If they play the rest of the season the way they did tonight they can't finish worse than second or third. That was a fun game to watch.
                        Their coach, Bobby Braswell, is a neighbor of ours and we know him pretty well. Great guy, great family. Seems to be well-respected among coaches. I've often wondered why he has not made the step up to a higher level. He grew up in L.A. and was a high school coach here. Maybe he just likes staying in one place.
                        “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                        ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                        -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                        --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

• Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                          Their coach, Bobby Braswell, is a neighbor of ours and we know him pretty well. Great guy, great family. Seems to be well-respected among coaches. I've often wondered why he has not made the step up to a higher level. He grew up in L.A. and was a high school coach here. Maybe he just likes staying in one place.
                          That Northridge team is excellent.

Not to be a jerk, but I guarantee Bobby Braswell and his team beat the Utes on December 21. Mark it down.

Comment

I was surprised by their scoring prowess and/or our porous defense.
                            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                              I was surprised by their scoring prowess and/or our porous defense.
                              At both ends they are playing ike a team looking for a 3rd leader to emerge. Sharp continues to earn my respect with great effort but lacks the ability to take that spot. It's Carlino that needs to be that 3rd guy. Calvert/Delgado can't do it at this point. I like Cusik's rebounding and steady if not unspectacular play but he's no Carlino (when he's right).
                              "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                                That Northridge team is excellent.

Not to be a jerk, but I guarantee Bobby Braswell and his team beat the Utes on December 21. Mark it down.
                                Argh, I forgot we are playing them. Well, we will see. By then we will have been carved up by BYU but perhaps we will have recovered.

In 2-3 years BYU won't be carving us up anymore. Enjoy your dominance while it lasts. [sticks tongue out]
                                “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                                ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                                -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                                --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Working...
                                X