Just For Kicks- (sneaker heads only)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    cut your shoes?? my mom would have killed me if I did that!
    yep. The low tops were too low and the high tops were too high. I liked a little freedom in the ankle when skating, but I needed more than what low tops provided. Vans were pretty cheap and by the time I was customizing with scissors I was "buying my own". I used a couple weeks worth of my 20 buck a week allowance to buy new vans about every 1-2 months.
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
      yep. The low tops were too low and the high tops were too high. I liked a little freedom in the ankle when skating, but I needed more than what low tops provided. Vans were pretty cheap and by the time I was customizing with scissors I was "buying my own". I used a couple weeks worth of my 20 buck a week allowance to buy new vans about every 1-2 months.
      Wow. $20/week allowance in the 80s? Rich kid alert!
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
        Wow. $20/week allowance in the 80s? Rich kid alert!
        Late 80s and early 90s and my friends had a much larger allowance

We were not hurtin, but I would hardly classify us as rich. I lived in Temecula...ask DDD what his OC ass thought of us inland empire hicks...

Here is a hint...we were NOT the rich kids.

EDIT: I realize that DDD lived in TO Lancer land but he has more recently lived in OC...at least I thought he did.
        Last edited by Flystripper; 03-05-2012, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
          What is this?
          An ugly shoe
          I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
            What is this?
            the nike sb koston
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              those look like converse
              doh.. er.. model.
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post

My son has discovered NIKEiD and for his last two pairs of shoes he has custom designed his own Nike 6.0s. I have to admit it is pretty cool.
                I have also discovered this feature. It is not easy on the pocketbook, and many will decry my shoe designs as "ugly" but nonetheless, I am excited for this pair I have coming.

Last edited by Commando; 03-05-2012, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
                  I have my eye on these. I am lusting pretty hard on em. I just know they would be mandatory for all Cougar events w my tri-blend beet digger shirt.

Those are very similar to my prod 5's. I prefer them with white laces but I only found a pic with black. I absolutely love them, I picked up a pair of tan ones the other day.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I have also discovered this feature. It is not easy on the pocketbook, and many will decry my shoe designs as "ugly" but nonetheless, I am excited for this pair I have coming.

Those are bad ass.

Comment

no we welcome everyone here. Also, would you wear these?

YES!
                      What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
                      -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
                        An ugly shoe
                        I think they're rad!

Comment

I'm willing to buy a pair of those for Soup if that means she's going to put some shoes on.
                          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

here's a current fave in converse flave I rocked to the BYU-ASU rugby game on saturday. I can't think of the make on em or I'd track down a better pic..

Do you have red hair?

Comment

we have a lot of the same style shoes, just different colors. I have a pair of Air Zooms that I mentioned previously. They are from Japan......light blue and gray color scheme. Very comfortable, too. Nike's skate shoe stuff is pretty cool, surprisingly enough.

Has anyone ever owned a pair of Hook Ups? I had a similar pair of these in college, but different color scheme and slightly different style, but with the Red Eyes cartoon logo. I've never owned a more comfortable pair of sneaks. Hook Ups isnt a common brand but I'd be interested in getting another pair.

Another weird brand is Nice. In fact, I have never seen them for sale anywhere other than the store in Lake Forest, which is now closed. I still have my pair of Nice shoes and they are great.
                              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

I picked up these Vans about 5 years ago at the Nordstrom Rack in Sugarhouse that are so rad. They're slip on black basket weave leather. I have never seen another pair like them. I have worn them out but still rock them. This is the closest thing I have found but mine are woven check all the way around.

"Nobody listens to Turtle."
                                -Turtle
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X