No announcement yet.

Just For Kicks- (sneaker heads only)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Here's another colorway of the spida that looks pretty distinctive from the Gargamels...

The tongue is noticeably subdued.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
        Here's another colorway of the spida that looks pretty distinctive from the Gargamels...

The tongue is noticeably subdued.
        After seeing those things on feet I don't think there's a colorway that can save it.
        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
        -Turtle
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
          After seeing those things on feet I don't think there's a colorway that can save it.
          You saw those on feet? Did you notice that's a different cut?
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Spida needs to scrap that shoe and try again. That is an ugly, ugly shoe. People will buy it, maybe, in Utah, but Surfah is correct here. It's not as bad at the Kobe II, but it's close.
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
              Spida needs to scrap that shoe and try again. That is an ugly, ugly shoe. People will buy it, maybe, in Utah, but Surfah is correct here. It's not as bad at the Kobe II, but it's close.
              I'd wear Spida's shoe before the Kobe 2. That thing is the worst sig shoe of all time.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                Spida needs to scrap that shoe and try again. That is an ugly, ugly shoe. People will buy it, maybe, in Utah, but Surfah is correct here. It's not as bad at the Kobe II, but it's close.
                Yeah, what a he thinking when he designed and produced that shoe for himself?
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I am back on a little Vans kick...

Loving these

And I had to get both color ways when I saw these in the store:

Comment

• I'm happy with these.

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                      I'm happy with these.

Do they come in adult sizes though?
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                        Do they come in adult sizes though?
                        that does look like a toddler shoe in the pic. Just a regular runner, though. I have wide feet- maybe that's it.

Comment

• I'm soltero right now, with the fam in Utah, so I'm finding ways to kill time in the evenings. Yesterday I stopped by a Foot Locker to give the Don Issue 1 a look. I'm due for some new basketball shoes anyway, and I've been wearing Adidas as my primary bball shoe since my senior year of high school (Kobe's rookie shoe, the "EQT Elevation." I've discussed already in this thread (twice actually), but still the most comfortable basketball shoe i've worn.) so why not buy the adidas shoe from the best player on my favorite team?

Welp.

One of the things that has kept me in Adidas is that their 11 has consistently fit me across all of their basketball shoes. I've owned about 8 pair of Adidas basketball shoes in the past 20 years, and an 11 has always fit just right. The 11 in these was huge through the toe. Like nearly an inch too long in places. This problem is compounded by the fact that the toe box is really wide. Like wide like shoes for someone with severe peripheral neruopathy. The shoe was not wide through the midfoot or ankle. But this meant the end of the shoe had way too much room for my toes to move laterally within the shoe. As I walked around, at one point my big toe on my right foot was creeping over and was actually pressing on the gap where the insole meets the midsole. So I tried a 10.5, and while that helped my big toe be the right distance from the end of the shoe, my other toes were still floating in no-man's land just a bit. It was better, but the midfoot and the ankle were just a bit tight in the 10.5.

The collar behind the foot is actually comfy, and I didn't mind it at all. For me, the toe-box was a much bigger problem. So I had pretty much talked myself out of getting these, and then today they announced a Mailman colorway:

Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Donovan is killing it winning over Utah fans. That Mailman colorway is unreal. I have a pair of the spidas and they're ok and everything (won't wear them unless I'm playing church ball) but I had my heart set on the black and pinks(symbiote/Venom colorway)- those look incredible on anybody and go with any style, just from the looks of things perusing instagram. I logged on the second they went on sale but they got sold out of my cart by the time I bypassed the 'prove you're not a robot' function. **#$)#&%
                            Last edited by Commando; 07-24-2019, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• What is the origin of the term "color way?"
                              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                                What is the origin of the term "color way?"
                                It's not a term, it's a word.

Comment

Working...
                                X