Vices, Guilty Pleasures, Etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HauteCoug View Post
    My roommate got through DH in a matter of weeks. It's all she did. I've still never seen an episode. Worth watching?
    I watched Season 1 of Downton Abbey in less than 24 hours.

I am halfway into Season 1 of DH and am enjoying it. I think it is worth watching and I am totally sucked in, but it won't make my list of all time favorite shows which include in no order: 30 Rock, Arrested Development, Malcolm in the Middle, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, The Office and Modern Family.
    What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
    -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Originally posted by xena View Post
      Swamp People and Dance Moms.
      I looooooove Dance Moms.

Originally posted by marsupial View Post
      I watched Season 1 of Downton Abbey in less than 24 hours.

I am halfway into Season 1 of DH and am enjoying it. I think it is worth watching and I am totally sucked in, but it won't make my list of all time favorite shows which include in no order: 30 Rock, Arrested Development, Malcolm in the Middle, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, The Office and Modern Family.
      I watched both seasons in about 27 hours

I confess I've not seen 30 Rock or Modern Family. Think I need to see them.
      what I am is what I am and I does what I does.

Comment

Finding Bigfoot. How can you not love a show where the main players are an overly earnest non-critical thinker named Matt Moneymaker and a surprisngly self-aware buffoon named 'bobo' whose primary role is to scream in the woods at night and to be stand in for Sasquatch when 'sightings' are recreated?

Ooooh, this area is VERY squatchie!
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

I have only pleasures, and no guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
            I have only pleasures, and no guilt.
            So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

I enjoy watching a show called "Gator Boys". What's not to like about 2 guys swimming in rivers, ponds, lakes etc looking for gators to wrestle..

[YOUTUBE]18SFFE8gXP0&list=PL9BE71F13FDA9B6E1&index=8&featur e=plpp_video[/YOUTUBE]

Synopsis:
              Follow the death-defying exploits of Paul Bedard and Jimmy Riffle, two extraordinary alligator trappers who risk injury and death to hand capture nuisance alligators that have invaded the backyards, swimming pools, garages and bedrooms of Florida Everglades residents.

Side note: We would vacation in Weston, Florida and would visit this place called the The Everglades Holiday Park. They had a place where you could watch a guy wrestle with gators etc. When I first saw Gator Boys I realized it was the same guys.. Made me chuckle..

Also, the last episode we watched and my wife starting cracking up. She re-winded and showed me.. In their office they have a "Jesus" Pass-along Card that the missionaries or members hand out.. It was pinned up on their picture board..

Comment

I looooooove Dance Moms.

I watched both seasons in about 27 hours

I confess I've not seen 30 Rock or Modern Family. Think I need to see them.
                30 Rock is on Netflix. It is clever and witty and I have a girl crush on Tina Fey. Get off CUF and get watching.
                What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
                -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

30 Rock is on Netflix. It is clever and witty and I have a girl crush on Tina Fey. Get off CUF and get watching.
                  That's what Clueless told me. She was shocked to hear I hadn't seen it - it's definitely my next show on the list.

To continue the list of guilty pleasures, I will now give pleasures that I have no guilt for because I believe I am wholly justified in the reasons I watch:

Vampire Diaries and Gossip Girl.
                  what I am is what I am and I does what I does.

Comment

That's what Clueless told me. She was shocked to hear I hadn't seen it - it's definitely my next show on the list.

To continue the list of guilty pleasures, I will now give pleasures that I have no guilt for because I believe I am wholly justified in the reasons I watch:

Vampire Diaries and Gossip Girl.

But what's "guilty" abt 30 Rock?

As for me - all pleasure, no guilt.

EDIT: Damnit, can't believe I just cribbed Finderson's line.
                    Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

It can't all be wedding cake.

Comment

Originally posted by oxcoug View Post
                      But what's "guilty" abt 30 Rock?

As for me - all pleasure, no guilt.

EDIT: Damnit, can't believe I just cribbed Finderson's line.
                      Nothing guilty about 30 Rock. Haute asked me about desperate housewives. I only brought up 30 rock because I was just giving examples of other shows I like.
                      -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

To continue the list of guilty pleasures, I will now give pleasures that I have no guilt for ...
                        whoa there
                        Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Nothing guilty about 30 Rock. Haute asked me about desperate housewives. I only brought up 30 rock because I was just giving examples of other shows I like.
                          There is nothing guilty about Desperate Houswives!
                          Get confident, stupid
                          -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                            There is nothing guilty about Desperate Houswives!
                            OK. No more guilt.
                            -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

So...

What makes something a guilty pleasure? I'm trying to decide what best fits.

Is this thread only for TV shows? And does guilty pleasure mean that you feel guilty that you enjoy it as much as you do (like laughing at the dorks doing certain things) or guilty in a more embarrassed way?

Does it include food, like girl scout cookies? Because I hoard them, hide them from the kids, and refuse to share...which does generate some level of guilt in me. Is that a guilty pleasure?

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                                Does it include food, like girl scout cookies? Because I hoard them, hide them from the kids, and refuse to share...which does generate some level of guilt in me. Is that a guilty pleasure?
                                If things your hoard qualify then I have to add sneakers to the list. About two weeks ago ldc was out in the garage, she came in really angry at me. Then I realized she had stumbled upon my garage storage place for new sneakers that I want to slowly transition from truck to closet.
                                Get confident, stupid
                                -landpoke

Comment

Working...
                                X