Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vices, Guilty Pleasures, Etc.

Default Vices, Guilty Pleasures, Etc.

We each have them. I'll start. I love watching anything on the E! channel. It's mostly terrible and sycophantic and the only honest person on that channel is Joan Rivers, which isn't saying much, but I can't help myself.

I also really love this reality show called It's a Brad Brad World. He was Rachel Zoe's assistant, and now he styles in the real world, and this wondrous thing happened on his anniversary. His partner surprised him with a Les Miz flash mob. Now that is great television!

http://www.broadway.com/buzz/160301/...ad-brad-world/
    what I am is what I am and I does what I does.

heroin
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by HauteCoug View Post
    His partner surprised him with a Les Miz flash mob. Now that is great television!

The Miz

Les Mis

Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post

The Miz

Les Mis

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Les_miz"]Les Misérables (musical) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar

Celebrity Apprentice, doubly so with Arsenio. I used to have a tiny black and white tv that I would hide in my bedroom and tune in to watch the dog pound every night.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Banned

Looks like Donuthole has a secret crush!

Banned

We each have them. I'll start. I love watching anything on the E! channel. It's mostly terrible and sycophantic and the only honest person on that channel is Joan Rivers, which isn't saying much, but I can't help myself.

I also really love this reality show called It's a Brad Brad World. He was Rachel Zoe's assistant, and now he styles in the real world, and this wondrous thing happened on his anniversary. His partner surprised him with a Les Miz flash mob. Now that is great television!

http://www.broadway.com/buzz/160301/...ad-brad-world/
    This is my secret addiction. CUF.

I just started watching Desperate Housewives on netflix. I like it quite a bit more than I thought I would.
    What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.

-Teenage Dirtbag

Quote Originally Posted by marsupial View Post
    I just started watching Desperate Housewives on netflix. I like it quite a bit more than I thought I would.
    I find nothing guilty about DH. ldc and I believe have watched every episode. The first season was one of my favorite seasons of any TV show. It is going out with a bang this year!
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

I watch The Soup every week. That may qualify as mine.

Also a few years ago I loved that show Huge that was on ABC Family about a bunch of kids at fat camp. That would have to fall in there.

Uncooked brownie mix. It's like crack to a crack addict, I know I need to stay away and I do pretty good but every once in a while...

Quote Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post
    Uncooked brownie mix. It's like crack to a crack addict, I know I need to stay away and I do pretty good but every once in a while...
    I have a friend that loves this as well. In college she'd make the mix and never bake the brownies. I prefer mine baked with walnuts.
    What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.

-Teenage Dirtbag

My roommate got through DH in a matter of weeks. It's all she did. I've still never seen an episode. Worth watching?

Swamp People and Dance Moms.

Pawn Stars, American Pickers, Dog the Bounty Hunter. Anything similar to the above when I am stuck in some hotel on business travel. But Pawn Stars get's the keep until I delete status on the DVR at home.

My roommate got through DH in a matter of weeks. It's all she did. I've still never seen an episode. Worth watching?
    I watched Season 1 of Downton Abbey in less than 24 hours.

I am halfway into Season 1 of DH and am enjoying it. I think it is worth watching and I am totally sucked in, but it won't make my list of all time favorite shows which include in no order: 30 Rock, Arrested Development, Malcolm in the Middle, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, The Office and Modern Family.

-Teenage Dirtbag

Quote Originally Posted by xena View Post
    Swamp People and Dance Moms.
    I looooooove Dance Moms.

I watched Season 1 of Downton Abbey in less than 24 hours.

I am halfway into Season 1 of DH and am enjoying it. I think it is worth watching and I am totally sucked in, but it won't make my list of all time favorite shows which include in no order: 30 Rock, Arrested Development, Malcolm in the Middle, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, The Office and Modern Family.
    I watched both seasons in about 27 hours

I confess I've not seen 30 Rock or Modern Family. Think I need to see them.

Finding Bigfoot. How can you not love a show where the main players are an overly earnest non-critical thinker named Matt Moneymaker and a surprisngly self-aware buffoon named 'bobo' whose primary role is to scream in the woods at night and to be stand in for Sasquatch when 'sightings' are recreated?

Ooooh, this area is VERY squatchie!
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Banned

I have only pleasures, and no guilt.

Grooveshark dick tease MarkGrace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFinderson View Post
    I have only pleasures, and no guilt.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

I enjoy watching a show called "Gator Boys". What's not to like about 2 guys swimming in rivers, ponds, lakes etc looking for gators to wrestle..

[YOUTUBE]18SFFE8gXP0&list=PL9BE71F13FDA9B6E1&index=8&featur e=plpp_video[/YOUTUBE]

Synopsis:
    Follow the death-defying exploits of Paul Bedard and Jimmy Riffle, two extraordinary alligator trappers who risk injury and death to hand capture nuisance alligators that have invaded the backyards, swimming pools, garages and bedrooms of Florida Everglades residents.

Side note: We would vacation in Weston, Florida and would visit this place called the The Everglades Holiday Park. They had a place where you could watch a guy wrestle with gators etc. When I first saw Gator Boys I realized it was the same guys.. Made me chuckle..

Also, the last episode we watched and my wife starting cracking up. She re-winded and showed me.. In their office they have a "Jesus" Pass-along Card that the missionaries or members hand out.. It was pinned up on their picture board..

I looooooove Dance Moms.

I watched both seasons in about 27 hours

I confess I've not seen 30 Rock or Modern Family. Think I need to see them.
    30 Rock is on Netflix. It is clever and witty and I have a girl crush on Tina Fey. Get off CUF and get watching.

-Teenage Dirtbag

30 Rock is on Netflix. It is clever and witty and I have a girl crush on Tina Fey. Get off CUF and get watching.
    That's what Clueless told me. She was shocked to hear I hadn't seen it - it's definitely my next show on the list.

To continue the list of guilty pleasures, I will now give pleasures that I have no guilt for because I believe I am wholly justified in the reasons I watch:

Vampire Diaries and Gossip Girl.

That's what Clueless told me. She was shocked to hear I hadn't seen it - it's definitely my next show on the list.

To continue the list of guilty pleasures, I will now give pleasures that I have no guilt for because I believe I am wholly justified in the reasons I watch:

Vampire Diaries and Gossip Girl.

But what's "guilty" abt 30 Rock?

As for me - all pleasure, no guilt.

EDIT: Damnit, can't believe I just cribbed Finderson's line.
    Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

It can't all be wedding cake.

Quote Originally Posted by oxcoug View Post
    But what's "guilty" abt 30 Rock?

As for me - all pleasure, no guilt.

EDIT: Damnit, can't believe I just cribbed Finderson's line.
    Nothing guilty about 30 Rock. Haute asked me about desperate housewives. I only brought up 30 rock because I was just giving examples of other shows I like.

-Teenage Dirtbag

To continue the list of guilty pleasures, I will now give pleasures that I have no guilt for ...
    whoa there

Nothing guilty about 30 Rock. Haute asked me about desperate housewives. I only brought up 30 rock because I was just giving examples of other shows I like.
    There is nothing guilty about Desperate Houswives!
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    There is nothing guilty about Desperate Houswives!
    OK. No more guilt.

-Teenage Dirtbag

So...

What makes something a guilty pleasure? I'm trying to decide what best fits.

Is this thread only for TV shows? And does guilty pleasure mean that you feel guilty that you enjoy it as much as you do (like laughing at the dorks doing certain things) or guilty in a more embarrassed way?

Does it include food, like girl scout cookies? Because I hoard them, hide them from the kids, and refuse to share...which does generate some level of guilt in me. Is that a guilty pleasure?

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Does it include food, like girl scout cookies? Because I hoard them, hide them from the kids, and refuse to share...which does generate some level of guilt in me. Is that a guilty pleasure?
    If things your hoard qualify then I have to add sneakers to the list. About two weeks ago ldc was out in the garage, she came in really angry at me. Then I realized she had stumbled upon my garage storage place for new sneakers that I want to slowly transition from truck to closet.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke