Welcome!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome!

Welcome to Cougaruteforum! This community would like to extend a warm welcome to its new members and visitors. It is this forum's intention to follow a light style of moderation and to foster an environment for interesting and thoughtful discussion on sports, politics, religion, and current events.

Perhaps this forum's most important goal is to operate the new board as a community. In that spirit, we have formed a committee that will provide input on board management. Policies are still evolving, but the intent is to establish an atmosphere of democracy, fairness, and community input.

Since this is a new board, it might take a while to tidy things up. Please be patient.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Real nice. I get an invitation, which I accepted, to help out with the board's committee and when the big moment comes my name is nowhere to be found on the committee members list. The fact that I was AWOL during the board's birth (I shot an 84, thanks for asking) should not have resulted in this shameful blackball. And since my place on the committee was ephemeral, I've now got to have my resume redone, deleting what had been listed under "Honors and Achievements"--once again I have nothing to list thereunder.

So yet again, the cool kids feign interest in my miserable existence, invite me to the party, then don't open the door when I knock, cruelly mocking me while I stand outside. Nonetheless I'll stick around, as this promises to be a fun place. But toy with my affections yet again and I'll go Carrie on all of you.

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
      Real nice. I get an invitation, which I accepted, to help out with the board's committee and when the big moment comes my name is nowhere to be found on the committee members list. The fact that I was AWOL during the board's birth (I shot an 84, thanks for asking) should not have resulted in this shameful blackball. And since my place on the committee was ephemeral, I've now got to have my resume redone, deleting what had been listed under "Honors and Achievements"--once again I have nothing to list thereunder.

So yet again, the cool kids feign interest in my miserable existence, invite me to the party, then don't open the door when I knock, cruelly mocking me while I stand outside. Nonetheless I'll stick around, as this promises to be a fun place. But toy with my affections yet again and I'll go Carrie on all of you.
      Which list are you talking about? This is the only one I have seen:

http://cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24717
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        Which list are you talking about? This is the only one I have seen:

http://cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24717
        Well, I was talking about this one: http://www.cougaruteforum.com/showgroups.php

But in the words of Emily Lutella, "Never mind."

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post

Cry me a river. I just got dumped back down to "junior" status. Reminds me of my mission.
          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
            Cry me a river. I just got dumped back down to "junior" status. Reminds me of my mission.
            My boy, you can edit your title to anything you want. You're no junior.

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
              Listen, junior, here you can edit that name to be whatever you want to be. Head Elvis Lover, for example. (just make sure not get those words in the wrong sequence)
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                Welcome to Cougaruteforum! This community would like to extend a warm welcome to its new members and visitors. It is this forum's intention to follow a light style of moderation and to foster an environment for interesting and thoughtful discussion on sports, politics, religion, and current events.

Perhaps this forum's most important goal is to operate the new board as a community. In that spirit, we have formed a committee that will provide input on board management. Policies are still evolving, but the intent is to establish an atmosphere of democracy, fairness, and community input.

Since this is a new board, it might take a while to tidy things up. Please be patient.
                Happy decade, CougarUteForum!
                "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Working...
                X