Who rocks a Rolex?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scottie View Post
    I have watch envy too but I've never paid more than $100 for one. About 4 years ago I came very close to spending ~$2K on a Tag but talked myself out of it.
    You should do it.

I think I've figured out how to post pics, I'll show my collection.

It's weak but I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
      We had a CG thread on watches. You might get a kick out of it.

http://cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14652
      Whoa you have the Tag Monaco?

Nice.

Comment

I wear a Festina. My wife bought it for me for my birthday about 10 years ago. Titanium bezel and band, I like how light it is. It has a white face with blue sub-dials.

I don't wear it as much anymore. It isn't that I have replaced it my cell phone, it just that i get tired of having arm hair pinched and pulled.

I don't like Rockwell. Part of it is a matter of taste, the other part is it seems they are trying very hard to be the "in" thing. I kind of think of them like Swatch was in the 80's, only way overpriced. But maybe I'm just getting old, as the Swatch reference would imply.

Comment

Originally posted by fusnik View Post
          Whoa you have the Tag Monaco?

Nice.
          I agree with your assessment of watch wearers. I don't care how many clocks we have on our phones or iPads or whatever. If you want to look the part, you have to wear a watch.
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

I have a hard time respecting someone who pays more than $50 for a watch.
            "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

Those omegas aren't cheap!
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Here's my watch game:

Nighthawk, great practical, everyday watch...

Comment

My second Eco-Drive, love the black, it's my weekend watch....

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    We had a CG thread on watches. You might get a kick out of it.

http://cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14652
                    After looking through the watch thread I clicked around a little. MW has a Linsanity thread where he has made 7 posts without a single reply from anybody else.

Comment

Brown shoes watch....

Comment

My fav...

Comment

Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
                          I have a hard time respecting someone who pays more than $50 for a watch.
                          So anybody who owns a watch without a clothe or rubber band?

Comment

Timex. :shrug:
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by fusnik View Post
                              So anybody who owns a watch without a clothe or rubber band?
                              I don't mean any disrespect to you personally. I do try to respect people with expensive watches...because that's what Jesus would do. I simply find it difficult. It's a deficiency on my part.
                              "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
                                I don't mean any disrespect to you personally. I do try to respect people with expensive watches...because that's what Jesus would do. I simply find it difficult. It's a deficiency on my part.
                                50 is a low ceiling.

You think watches are stupid, that's cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X