No announcement yet.

Another BYU Harlot (link with a pic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's that time of year again! Another BYU library Modesty note passer.

http://newyorkerinutah.wordpress.com...n-lds-culture/

The story leaves me with a couple of questions, the biggest being, how does one study in a way that allows someone a decent distance from you a view down your shirt? Unless she's studying to be an architect and was pouring over a set of blue prints, I don't see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post

The story leaves me with a couple of questions, the biggest being, how does one study in a way that allows someone a decent distance from you a view down your shirt? Unless she's studying to be an architect and was pouring over a set of blue prints, I don't see it.

I can't get past the stain on the shirt.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

That was the first thing I noticed as well. Probably the only thing that was holding the young man's attention.

I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
          makes you wonder if it was strategically placed.
          Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
          God forgives many things for an act of mercy
          Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
            makes you wonder if it was strategically placed.
            Two thoughts:
            1. How in the hell did that note-writer get into the byu with that kind of grammar?
            2. If that's considered a sexy & provocative shirt, the folks on campus who are attracted to women are in for a long winter. Come on, cougars! You can do better.
            "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
            -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

Originally posted by Solon View Post
              Two thoughts:
              1. How in the hell did that note-writer get into the byu with that kind of grammar?
              2. If that's considered a sexy & provocative shirt, the folks on campus who are attracted to women are in for a long winter. Come on, cougars! You can do better.
              Yeah, very embarrassing. I'm going to rationalize that it is someone on a clogging scholarship.
              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Poor penmanship bugs the shit out of me.
                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                -Turtle
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                  Poor penmanship bugs the shit out of me.
                  I think this is an outgrowth of our new computer age. Kids don't write anymore, they key.

It's not like the good old days.
                  Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    That was the first thing I noticed as well. Probably the only thing that was holding the young man's attention.

If I was in that 21-24 year old area and doing without I'm pretty sure my eyes would move from that stain to those boobs real fast.

Comment

She clearly took the picture after she moved to a warmer room.
                      Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

She seems pretty upset that the note wasn't to the man.

Not saying she's wearing anything inappropriate - but I would think most women would want to know if some creepy dude was peering down their shirt as they leaned over their homework.

Sure - she's right. The note writer could've confronted the creepy guy instead. Probably should've done it loudly too rather than through a note "Are you seriously looking down that girls shirt!" from across the room would've been pretty effective.

I don't think the shirt is all that low cut - so I suppose that part of the note could've gone without. But overall, I think it's pretty harmless - and her interpretation that someone thinks she is causing someone to sin is kind of a personal problem.

As a side note - I think in the comments someone should ask her to lean forward and take another photo. Just to be sure of what the creepy guy was seeing.

Comment

Where did it say he was looking down the shirt?
                          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

First thing? It took me a full minute to find the stain. I guess we all have our priorities.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                            -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

This whole thing seems fake to me. She started a blog just to post about this? Blogs are so 5 years ago. Why not make it go viral on her Twitter or facebook accounts? Because there's no (or less) anonymity with those. And anonymity is kind of crucial when you're faking an internet scandal.
                              Last edited by Donuthole; 10-10-2013, 09:28 AM.
                              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                                This whole thing seems fake to me. She started a blog just to post about this? Blogs are so 5 years ago. Why not make it go viral on her Twitter or facebook accounts? Because there's no (or less) anonymity with those. And anonymity is kind of crucial when you're faking an internet scandal.
                                My first thought was that it was fake. I think it was an excuse for her to post a pic of her body so she could get compliments on it. It's a huge backfire though with the stain on her shirt!
                                Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Working...
                                X