Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Para los hispanohablantes

BYU Delenda Est Mormon Red Death's Avatar
    the Planet Lovetron, bringing funkiness to all over the world

Hacer frio... vamos la playa
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

"Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Banned

Sheesh thanks to this thread I now know why the few Spanish speakers I know can't bring themselves to say ano when speaking portuguese

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    Sheesh thanks to this thread I now know why the few Spanish speakers I know can't bring themselves to say ano when speaking portuguese
    Cuantos anos tienes?
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

¡Alagranpúchicavoshombre!

(Favorite slang expression of my Guatemalan companion.)
    “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
    ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
    -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Cuantos anos tienes?
    Uno
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Quote Originally Posted by wuapinmon View Post
    Uno
    No te preguntaba a ti, sino a Viking.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

No te preguntaba a ti, sino a Viking.
    Eso es lo mismo de preguntarle "Cuantos hermanos tienes?"

Cuantos anos tienes?
    Espero que él conteste igual que yo. Preferiría si el portugués usara "anhos" en vez de anos. Mas, no tengo suficiente esuáguer para llevarlo a cabo.

Espero que él conteste igual que yo. Preferiría si el portugués usara "anhos" en vez de anos. Mas, no tengo suficiente esuáguer para llevarlo a cabo.
    Hay lecciones por las cuales uno puede ganar mas esuáger. Deberías investigarlas, quizás.

¿Qué significa esuáguer?
    “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
    ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    ¿Qué significa esuáguer?
    Que wuap sabe el idioma mejor...
    Last edited by lambdacoug; 05-23-2012 at 11:19 AM. Reason: * i'm rusty, ok...

¿Qué significa esuáguer?
    La traducción o el sentido?

Outsider looking in Blueintheface's Avatar

¿Qué significa esuáguer?
    Yo tengo esuáguer como Mick Jagger.
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

La traducción o el sentido?
    El sentido. Yo debería de haber preguntado, "¿Qué quiere decir esuáguer?" Lastimadamente, a mí se me ha perdido mucho del vocabulario que tenía. De todas maneras no conozco esa palabra.
    ― W.H. Auden

De todas maneras no conozco esa palabra.
    Esto es muy obvio.

Grooveshark dick tease MarkGrace's Avatar

Heeey hermano.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

¿Qué significa esuáguer?
    Say it out loud. Think about English. It's a joke word.

Say it out loud. Think about English. It's a joke word.
    Híjole.
    ― W.H. Auden

Grooveshark dick tease MarkGrace's Avatar

Híjole.
    Hijo Tito.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Operation Hot Mother Parrot Head's Avatar

I've got an old mission comp from Mexico that loves posting jokes on FB. They're hit or miss, but he puts some funny stuff up there.

Me robaron todas las sillas de mi casa, no saben como me siento ahora!
    Era un gay tan pero tan pobre que no tenía ni closet de donde salir!!! Ternurita! Jajajajajaja
    ¡Mamá, me hicieron una tranza! —¿Qué tranza? —Nada, aquí, ¿Y tú?
    I'm also surprised that some form of crappy text-message / pseudo-English spelling has made it to Latin America also, at least among another friend.

q dia tan agotador! xfin m voy a dormir
    Xfa eskuchen el dbate. AMLO no tiene kola q le pisen!
    I have nothing else to say at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Parrot Head View Post
    I'm also surprised that some form of crappy text-message / pseudo-English spelling has made it to Latin America also, at least among another friend.
    q dia tan agotador! xfin m voy a dormir
    Are those Spanish speakers using that spelling? If so, I guess "q" is the accepted non-phonetic abbreviation for "que," because the letter q is pronounced "koo" in Spanish (IIRC).
    ― W.H. Auden

Are those Spanish speakers using that spelling? If so, I guess "q" is the accepted non-phonetic abbreviation for "que," because the letter q is pronounced "koo" in Spanish (IIRC).
    Yeah, it's a girl from Mexico, who has always lived in Mexico. Sometimes she breaks out and writes 'k' instead.

Good stuff...

A mitad de 1937 aceptó la tarea de misionar para la Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Ultimos Días, conocida comúnmente como la religión mormona, en Argentina. A Buenos Aires llegó el 18 de septiembre. Por su tarea religiosa Larson no cobraba dinero y se mantenía con lo poco que su familia le enviaba desde Estados Unidos, llevando una vida muy austera.

Este norteamericano aprendió muy rápido el idioma y su carácter jovial le permitió hacerse de muchos amigos. Era común verlo vestido con ropa de gaucho y animándose a entonar canciones folclóricas.

En Buenos Aires, junto a varios compañeros religiosos apasionados por el básquetbol, se dedicaron a construir una cancha en un terreno de la iglesia.

Pocos después ese grupo de extranjeros conformó un equipo llamado Los Mormones y allí mostró rápidamente sus condiciones de buen delantero, que, como se decía en esa época "hacía bien la llave", es decir que se desplazaba bien en esa zona, jugando muchas veces de espaldas al cesto en la misma línea de tiros libres, y que anotaba con frecuencia. Se lo consideraba un buen reboteador y desplegaba un juego muy intenso.
    Esto llamó la atención de los clubes de Buenos Aires, que le ofrecieron integrar sus equipos. Finalmente, en 1939 la Federación Argentina (FABB) permitió que el equipo [I]Los Mormones, participara, con ese nombre, en su torneo de primera división.

La historia del "argentino" Rolf Lamport Larson, estadounidense de nacimiento. Opina Alejandro Pérez. - ESPN Deportes
    Last edited by 8BR; 06-27-2012 at 04:30 PM. Reason: link

I've got a lot of angry Mexican friends on FB following the recent elections returning PRI to power. I've enjoyed seeing some of the comments and pics along the way.

Not political, but funny...

I don't care if this is real or not. It's frickin' hilarious and awesome. SEBE NOP!

I don't care if this is real or not. It's frickin' hilarious and awesome. SEBE NOP!

I'm still trying to figure out what a lot of that is...

Kool Aid
    7Up
    Heineken
    ?
    Caesar salad with chicken?
    Hamburger
    Something with vegetables

Pa' llevar