Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Check them how? What am I looking for?
    Sounded like a confession to me.
    Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Originally posted by camleish View Post
      maybe viking is having his 1337 h4x0r brother ddos cuf. viking, is this your doing?
      You know 1337 doesn't have the technology or the steady hand to pull off a procedure like that!
      Get confident, stupid
      -landpoke

Comment

yep; still happening here.
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

For me it's worse then it was before

Comment

I just had a timeout occur.
            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
            -Turtle
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
              I just had a timeout occur.
              And again.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

Check them how? What am I looking for?
                Lots of errors.
                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

And again.
                  PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

They have stopped responded to my e-mail queries.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                      Lots of errors.
                      The only thing I see in the error log is a few Files Does Not Exist errors.

Feb 15 16:40:16 2012] [error] [client 66.249.71.77] File does not exist: /home/cougarut/public_html/preloader.swf
                      [Wed Feb 15 16:36:08 2012] [error] [client 216.229.175.67] File does not exist: /home/cougarut/public_html/nt0.ggpht.com, referer: http://cougaruteforum.com/showthread.php?t=55526
                      [Wed Feb 15 16:30:45 2012] [error] [client 96.31.103.187] File does not exist: /home/cougarut/public_html/crossdomain.xml, referer: http://s.nsdsvc.com/App/DddWrapper.swf?c=4
                      [Wed Feb 15 16:23:08 2012] [error] [client 207.173.78.2] File does not exist: /home/cougarut/public_html/nt2.ggpht.com, referer: http://www.cougaruteforum.com/showthread.php?t=55563
                      [Wed Feb 15 16:16:45 2012] [error] [client 96.31.103.187] File does not exist: /home/cougarut/public_html/crossdomain.xml, referer: http://s.nsdsvc.com/App/DddWrapper.swf?c=4
                      [Wed Feb 15 15:48:24 2012] [error] [client 92.126.209.163] File does not exist: /home/cougarut/public_html/showthread.php?p=768028
                      [Wed Feb 15 15:46:20 2012] [error] [client 97.75.172.122] File does not exist: /home/cougarut/public_html/nt2.ggpht.com, referer: http://cougaruteforum.com/showthread.php?t=55563
                      [Wed Feb 15 15:36:47 2012] [error] [client 66.249.71.122] File does not exist: /home/cougarut/public_html/nt2.ggpht.com
                      [Wed Feb 15 15:36:26 2012] [error] [client 201.34.253.114] File does not exist: /home/cougarut/public_html/showthread.php?p=768033
                      Last edited by Jeff Lebowski; 02-15-2012, 02:45 PM.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

I was looking through the detailed log and saw a ton of ".NET CLR" messages.

The hosting company claims that the server has been running fine for 14 days with a light load. Might be some kind of database or vbulletin problem. I am stumped.

Comment

Not sure I believe it, but here is the latest:

Hello,

I have reviewed this support ticket. After reviewing this issue I believe the issue is that your VB forum is being attacked, in particular file

/home/cougarut/public_html/register.php

The server's ModSecurity rules are blocking the attack however since so many hit are being made to [ http://cougaruteforum.com/register.php ] your HostGator is hitting the memory limit and max connections per HostGator's TOS:

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+= +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
                          [msg "Blacklisted IP Address for POST data StopForumSpam List"] [hostname "www.cougaruteforum.com"] [uri "/register.php"] [unique_id "TzwgKK54CyIAAAjOYIgAAADk"]
                          +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+= +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

I highly suggest setting up some type of spam protection system on your VB forums so that web bots are not attempting to registrar accounts. I believe this will significantly reduce the number of ModSecurity rules and memory limits on your account and in return make your VB to loading a run properly.

Stinking bots.

No idea how to fix it.

Comment

Not sure I believe it, but here is the latest:

Stinking bots.

No idea how to fix it.
                            Is there to an option to add a CAPTCHA to the registration process?

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAPTCHA"]CAPTCHA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
                            Last edited by Uncle Ted; 02-15-2012, 03:52 PM.
                            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                              Is there to an option to add a CAPTCHA to the registration process?

CAPTCHA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                              Well, that's why I am skeptical about this diagnosis. The link in question:

http://cougaruteforum.com/register.php

is simply an "agree to these rules" page. You check the box and on you go to the next page where you enter an e-mail address (part of a verification process I added). How would a captcha change anything? Wouldn't the bots then simply start pinging the captcha page?

Also, this isn't really spam. Just your garden-variety bots pinging away at a site. How do you prevent that?

I wonder if this page gets dinged a lot because it is the first link in the header?

Comment

Wait. Looks like I can block access to that page using a robots.txt file (mine is currently empty).

http://www.robotstxt.org/robotstxt.html

Just tried that. Let's see if it works.

Comment

Working...
                                X