MoSto podcast Denver Snuffer: non-polygamist fundamentalist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
    A good model to sell books is to "build a following". A good way to "build a following" is to have a speaking tour. A good way to sell more books is to sign them after speaking.
    Is is really that bad in the legal market? This guy has a day job.

Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
    IMO, Brother Sunffer (does that work better for you Wally?) has hit a nerve about the corporatization of the LDS church. And I find it ironic that his "church court" is headed by a CEO of a major MLM orginization (that I view as borderline immoral).
    Yes, that adds an interesting twist to this entire thing. What is a bit more interesting and twisty is apparently is Stake President NuScam replaced the former stake president who refused pressure from high up to hold a "court" to ex "Brother Snuffer".
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
      Here's one to get you started: Cult of personality.
      I have read the writings of SU and he likes to use the word "cult" when describing the LDS church. Of course, its founding member also saw Jesus (and the Father Himself, depending on which version you go with). Please expound.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• He could be doing it to publicly embarrass his stake president, who works for a quality company that some people demonize to the point of comedic obsessiveness.
        Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

He could be doing it to publicly embarrass his stake president, who works for a quality company that some people demonize to the point of comedic obsessiveness.
          OK, I can maybe see that. But of course his whole book tour gig could get blown now because of being ex'd.

BTW, what kind of person works for a company like NuScam other than a greedy bastard?
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

He could be doing it to publicly embarrass his stake president, who works for a quality company that some people demonize to the point of comedic obsessiveness.
            He could also be sincere.
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              He could also be sincere.
              Duh

Comment

• One of the weird things about church discipline is that it is all handled at a local level, meaning people are subject to the whims of the local leadership and there are countless examples of the process being applied inconsistently. Yet, once someone goes through the process the majority of church members assume the very worst about the person. I can't imagine going through that process and remaining faithful. It would be tough.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Of course, you could blog prolifically about it, so no one has to do any assuming.

Comment

• Both sides are shameful.

Mr. snuffer seems a shameless attention monger.

The LDS Church shouldn't even have disciplinary court. If people are doing crazy things, that's an issue between them and deity, not a non-remunerated lay clergyman who cannot possibly apply rules on a consistent basis.

Comment

• Originally posted by LeedsCougar View Post
                      Both sides are shameful.

The LDS Church shouldn't even have disciplinary court. If people are doing crazy things, that's an issue between them and deity, not a non-remunerated lay clergyman who cannot possibly apply rules on a consistent basis.
                      Hey, you forgot all the fake Limey words and phrases.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        Hey, you forgot all the fake Limey words and phrases.
                        He's too stuffed to get off of his blinking fanny and edit.

Comment

• Originally posted by LeedsCougar View Post
                          Both sides are shameful.

Thanks for never responding about the golf tournament. We held an open spot just for you.
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

One of the weird things about church discipline is that it is all handled at a local level, meaning people are subject to the whims of the local leadership and there are countless examples of the process being applied inconsistently. Yet, once someone goes through the process the majority of church members assume the very worst about the person. I can't imagine going through that process and remaining faithful. It would be tough.
                            Most mid-singles don't even bother with confession because of these inconsistencies. In one stake a person will be told not to take the sacrament for a couple of weeks and in another the person will get exed even though both committed the same sin.

This has been changing though the last few years. Excommunications are way down. I think they figured out that people don't come back when they are kicked out.

Comment

One of the weird things about church discipline is that it is all handled at a local level, meaning people are subject to the whims of the local leadership and there are countless examples of the process being applied inconsistently. Yet, once someone goes through the process the majority of church members assume the very worst about the person. I can't imagine going through that process and remaining faithful. It would be tough.
                              Bro. Snuffer's church discipline was apparently a bit different... Apparently the high ups were heavily involved with this one:

During our hour long discussion, the stake president admitted to my children he got a call during one of his meetings with me from one of the Seven Presidents of the Seventy. He was instructed to "stand down" while the Seventy and one of the Twelve read Passing the Heavenly Gift. Then he (the stake president) did nothing further until he was told to proceed. I asserted that if he believed I was really "apostate" he would never have stood down. For that reason it was him merely following commands from higher up, and not a local matter.
                              http://denversnuffer.blogspot.com/20...dont-know.html

It seems that I also read that the previous stake president that decided not to hold a church discipline council for Bro. Snuffer (can we call him "Bro" now that he has been ex'd?) was released and President Hunt was put in his place (and implied that he was released because of his "inactions" dealing with Snuffer). It seems in this case the high ups were very much involved.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                                Most mid-singles don't even bother with confession because of these inconsistencies. In one stake a person will be told not to take the sacrament for a couple of weeks and in another the person will get exed even though both committed the same sin.

This has been changing though the last few years. Excommunications are way down. I think they figured out that people don't come back when they are kicked out.
                                Cool... Executions are down as well:

death-penalty.jpg

I wonder if they are related?
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X