No announcement yet.

Curbside Consult Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I remembered after posting here that my insurance provider has a 24-hour nurse advice line and I called that, too, just to talk to a live person and she suggested the washing, but she suggested cold water. Is there a reason for choosing cold water over warm? I've also leaned toward warm.

Again, thanks for the advice. Whenever any of you are in need of some mediocre SQL advice, don't hesitate to reach out to me. If you expert advice, contact FM, but if mediocre will do, walk this way.
    I have nothing else to say at this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
      This made me laugh.
      A few weeks ago, we had to arrange for a dog to be decapitated and his head to be sent in to the state lab.
      LOL... Good times....

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
      -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Parrot Head View Post
        I remembered after posting here that my insurance provider has a 24-hour nurse advice line and I called that, too, just to talk to a live person and she suggested the washing, but she suggested cold water. Is there a reason for choosing cold water over warm? I've also leaned toward warm.
        No reason.
        "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

• I have a cramping issue.

No aholes...not PMS.

My calves cramp almost daily. I am tight from mid calf to the lower hamstring, and I get groin cramps probably twice a month.

I eat bananas, drink G2 like it is going out of style and nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

I freaking cramp up golfing...while riding in a golf cart.

I know I need to drink some more water, but there has to be something besides that.

Comment

• Are you still doing the couch to 5k? Maybe you are doing too much too soon.
            I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

• I am much too refined to ask such an uncouth question, so I will just have to google "groin cramp"

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                I am much too refined to ask such an uncouth question, so I will just have to google "groin cramp"
                Lol.

Groin muscle....inner thigh. Usually only on my left leg.

You can't stretch it to cause it to stop. You have to find a semi comfortable position and wait it out. It hurts something horrible.

Comment

• Curbside Consult Thread

Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                  I have a cramping issue.

No aholes...not PMS.

My calves cramp almost daily. I am tight from mid calf to the lower hamstring, and I get groin cramps probably twice a month.

I eat bananas, drink G2 like it is going out of style and nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

I freaking cramp up golfing...while riding in a golf cart.

I know I need to drink some more water, but there has to be something besides that.
                  I usually massage cramps. I imagine that will solve your groin "cramp" problem as well.

Comment

• Tick, I'm not ignoring your question--I just don't have any good answers. I've seen plenty of patients with cramps and almost none of them have had low potassium levels, contrary to the folklore out there. Low magnesium levels I have seen a bit more frequently, but usually all the electrolytes are perfectly normal. I suspect there are some very localized electrolyte abnormalities (poor blood flow to a portion of the muscle so electrolytes and waste products don't get flushed out or replaced like they should) that we just can't measure with a blood draw, but that would be difficult to treat. Probably the best would be Danimal's advice to rub it out (rimshot) and/or watch if you're overdoing anything when it comes on. But really--cramps are tough to treat, IMO.
                    At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                    -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

• does pickle juice do anything other than provide electrolytes?
                      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• I can imagine tick in a Simpsons episode. "My shirts chaffing me." "I've got a groin cramp and it needs to be rubbed out."

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                          -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• There may be a cure for Hep C. I didn't know that people born between 1945-1965 should be screened for it, even if they don't have any risk factors. Cool stuff.

http://www.mysuncoast.com/health/new...a4bcf6878.html
                            "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• On my recent backpacking trip, I passed through more poison oak than I have ever encountered in my entire life. There were times when I actually had to use it to support myself on the side of a hill above the cliffs. One of the guys I was with was an ER doc. Fist thing we did when we hit civilization was to have him call in a prescription for some very strong steroid and we picked it up at 2 in the morning. Took another dose yesterday morning. 2 days later and no rash at all. This is incredible. I am so happy, at least this far.

Comment

• http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/27/health...html?hpt=hp_t2

8 Dengue fever cases in south Florida from local mosquitoes. I knew some people who had dengue in Costa Rica. They told me it felt like their bones were breaking.
                                "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Working...
                                X