Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/27/health...html?hpt=hp_t2

8 Dengue fever cases in south Florida from local mosquitoes. I knew some people who had dengue in Costa Rica. They told me it felt like their bones were breaking.
    In Jamaica my whole zone had it, except me. I had to drive several of them to the mission home for recuperation. While there, I was fed by the mission president's wife, things like enchiladas and lasagna. Thanks Sister Moore and dengue virus!
    "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
      http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/27/health...html?hpt=hp_t2

8 Dengue fever cases in south Florida from local mosquitoes. I knew some people who had dengue in Costa Rica. They told me it felt like their bones were breaking.
      They don't call it "breakbone fever" for nothing.
      At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
      -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

• I had it down in the Dominican Republic, but I had no SJS to drive me to the mission home.
        "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Anyone care to tell me what's the diff between:

Osgood-Schlatter Disease

and

Sinding-Larsen-Johansson Syndrome

Pretty sure my 11-yo son has developed one of those (just from my cursory search). He has acute pain right below his kneecap that has developed in the last few days or so; it became so bad today that he pulled himself out of the 2nd half of his game. He plays club soccer 4x a week. It will crush him if he has to quit.

(Edit: of course we will try and get him in to see a Dr on Monday... but in the meantime, I'm just looking for some answers. TIA.)
          Last edited by Walter Sobchak; 11-09-2013, 09:29 PM.
          You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
          Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
          You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
            Anyone care to tell me what's the diff between:

Osgood-Schlatter Disease

and

Sinding-Larsen-Johansson Syndrome

Pretty sure my 11-yo son has developed one of those (just from my cursory search). He has acute pain right below his kneecap that has developed in the last few days or so; it became so bad today that he pulled himself out of the 2nd half of his game. He plays club soccer 4x a week. It will crush him if he has to quit.

(Edit: of course we will try and get him in to see a Dr on Monday... but in the meantime, I'm just looking for some answers. TIA.)
            Same disease process. Different name for different parts of the body-patella vs tibia. There are many others. Usually associated with overuse in kids whose growth plates haven't yet fused. It will get better when the growth plates fuse - age 14-15 in boys (average). Until then treatment is rest (stop/decrease whatever is making it hurt), ice, ibuprofen.
            "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• I saw this and thought the med folks might like it. Having bought gloves from Amazon for handling raw meat, Gorilla Glue, and uncut Coke, I reckon that tree cost about $10 + the bulbs to make.

"Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Working...
              X