Official Random YouTube Video Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Random YouTube Video Thread

Here is a Kumychka dancing. One thing I found fascinating about Russia was the number of different ethnicities and tribes. It's almost as if you would imagine America being with the many Native American tribes before they were decimated by Europeans.

The Kumyks are an interesting group of people from the northern Caucauses. There are only about 400,000 of them left. They are "folk Muslims" but have historically practiced both Christianity and Judaism. They also have a unique form of dancing.

[YOUTUBE]_sb83nMqEhM[/YOUTUBE]

Here is another video with more of the same:

[YOUTUBE]xCw69xahxVk[/YOUTUBE]
    Last edited by SoonerCoug; 03-13-2012, 03:13 PM.
    That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

http://twitter.com/SoonerCoug

I was thinking about dropping this one in the YouTube Hall of Fame thread, but I'm not sure it is a HoFer. Captain and I watch this at least twice a day over the past week or two.

[YOUTUBE]PW6e2tDIWW4[/YOUTUBE]
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
      I was thinking about dropping this one in the YouTube Hall of Fame thread, but I'm not sure it is a HoFer. Captain and I watch this at least twice a day over the past week or two.

Somehow, listening to just the first couple of minutes of that, I think I will take the guy at his word when he says that he shared the stage with someone and wore them out in a competition.

Comment

That is awful. I love how he's pissed at the piano player at first.

Comment

George Costanza off his meds, ladies and gentleman!
          "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36robNr3Qbk&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Old Gregg (FULL VERSION) - YouTube[/nomedia]

How do you emed on this site

Comment

Do you have an ungrateful teenager too? (Be aware there is some cussin')

[YOUTUBE]HGxY_F9waAU[/YOUTUBE]
              "We should remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school."
              -Thucydides

"Study strategy over the years and achieve the spirit of the warrior. Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men."
              -Miyamoto Musashi

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

This is pretty much the best music video ever. Apache--Tommy Seebach band (Danish).

[YOUTUBE]XTkhl_cEMZs[/YOUTUBE]
                That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

Comment

Originally posted by Devildog View Post
                  Do you have an ungrateful teenager too? (Be aware there is some cussin')

[YOUTUBE]HGxY_F9waAU[/YOUTUBE]
                  wow
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

Comment

You should be careful when lighting fireworks placed on top of manhole covers.

[YOUTUBE]XIBeiwfwkmY[/YOUTUBE]
                    Not that, sickos.

Comment

Originally posted by thesaint258 View Post
                      You should be careful when lighting fireworks placed on top of manhole covers.
                      Wow.

Comment

BYU fan favorite James Bates has a YouTube moment.

[YOUTUBE]AKZOYZn6zPg[/YOUTUBE]
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

Comment

BYU fan favorite James Bates has a YouTube moment.
                          I like James Bates. Any guy who can work with Todd C. for that long and not put a gun barrel in his mouth deserves our respect.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Where can I get one of these!!!

[YOUTUBE]BNZCZsHJIR8&feature=player_embedded#![/YOUTUBE]

More info:

From what I can gather this video is done by the same guy who did the large Swing in Southern Utah.. BYU Student..

Here is behind the scenes of the trike bike video that he made.. Very Cool..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotat...&v=xeWgJ_UMQ2k
                            Last edited by dabrockster; 03-05-2012, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Lots of old Yuri Gagarin footage translated into English and uploaded to Youtube by RUSSIATODAY.

I didn't realize that after his historic ride, he became a national celebrity and was not allowed to fly anymore. He kept beggin the Kremlin to let him fly again and after 8 years, they relented. His very next flight, a training run, killed him.

[YOUTUBE]umY92y25DrA[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Working...
                              X