No announcement yet.

Official Random YouTube Video Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am not one to say that everything was better in the old days. I think in many ways we are living in a golden age of TV. Having said that, I don't know where in today's world you would find something like this. Paul Simon trying out a half finshed "Still Crazy" on Dick Cavett and talking about how to finish it.

Sometimes you find some interesting things following Youtube links late at night

Comment

• Former NASA engineer makes a glitter bomb/fart spray fake package to get revenge on package thieves. Pretty awesome.

Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
        Former NASA engineer makes a glitter bomb/fart spray fake package to get revenge on package thieves. Pretty awesome.
        That's probably the most shared video this week. I've already shared it once on another forum after watching it. I got the pointer to it from time.com.

If you like watching tires being destroyed mixed with amazing driving, check this one out. I thought it was fun, especially with five different cars. I want a truck like that.

[/QUOTE]

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
          Former NASA engineer makes a glitter bomb/fart spray fake package to get revenge on package thieves. Pretty awesome.
          Yes. Incredibly awesome. He is also a BYU grad.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            He didn't have to look very hard for takers. Pretty shocking how often packages are stolen. People can be awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              Doubly awesome!
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• With the recent news about “celebrities” suing the makers of Fortnite for stealing their mad dance moves, the Internet has been doing what the Internet does best, making people look silly. So Backpack boy’s mom filed suit since he clearly invented the move when he displayed The Floss on national tv when Katy Perry opened for him during Saturday Night Live. Well, the sleuthers have sleuth and found video evidence of the move way back in 2012. And you’re not going to believe where. Right under our noses in Grantsville, Utah in a video that I have no doubt is posted somewhere on this great site. No need to relive the whole thing, just shoot to the 3:07 mark. Since this surfaced, someone found a video in 2011. But for a day, these boys ruled the Internet once again.

https://youtu.be/8e6-_mx3LI4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                  He didn't have to look very hard for takers. Pretty shocking how often packages are stolen. People can be awful.
                  That was my thought too. Yeesh.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                    With the recent news about “celebrities” suing the makers of Fortnite for stealing their mad dance moves, the Internet has been doing what the Internet does best, making people look silly. So Backpack boy’s mom filed suit since he clearly invented the move when he displayed The Floss on national tv when Katy Perry opened for him during Saturday Night Live. Well, the sleuthers have sleuth and found video evidence of the move way back in 2012. And you’re not going to believe where. Right under our noses in Grantsville, Utah in a video that I have no doubt is posted somewhere on this great site. No need to relive the whole thing, just shoot to the 3:07 mark. Since this surfaced, someone found a video in 2011. But for a day, these boys ruled the Internet once again.

https://youtu.be/8e6-_mx3LI4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    There's a 2010 video now. Suck on that Backpack Boy.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                      Looks like the thefts were staged:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...-entirely-real

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                          I love relativity now! I have a crush on this guy’s voice.
                          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                          - SeattleUte

Comment

• One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

Woot

I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
                            SU

Comment

• Went down an Irving Finkel rabbit hole. Finkel is a curator at the British Museum and is quite entertaining.

Here he plays the Royal Game of Ur. Finkel translated the rules form a 2nd century BC Cuneiform tablet.

Here he talks about Cuneiform, how it was developed used and eventually deciphered.
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfYYraMgiBA

Here he talks about finding and translating the oldest account of a flood/ark myth with a detailed description of how to build a round ark. Which he and a team build a replica of for a documentary.
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_fkpZSnz2I

Here he talks about ancient board games and how they spread and evolved. I wish more of his slides made it to the video.
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wQqxUXAz68

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X