No announcement yet.

Lakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So now with a relatively easy win over the Blazers, coupled with losses by Boston and Cleveland, the Lakers are back in the driver's seat with the best overall record in the NBA. For now.

This is going to be a long season. I wonder if HCA will go down to the final game of the regular season? Wouldn't surprise me.

Ariza should get some serious consideration for 6th man. As should Lamar.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
      So now with a relatively easy win over the Blazers, coupled with losses by Boston and Cleveland, the Lakers are back in the driver's seat with the best overall record in the NBA. For now.

This is going to be a long season. I wonder if HCA will go down to the final game of the regular season? Wouldn't surprise me.

Ariza should get some serious consideration for 6th man. As should Lamar.
      If you look at Ariza's numbers on a per 48 minute basis they're ridiculous. Kid has mad game. If he can polish his jumper and stretch the floor with some more consistent range the kid would start. I was telling my brother in law that he may become a bigger steal than Gasol was. And with Ariza I don't miss Turiaf as much.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

Comment

Maybe it is the complete averageness of the Jazz, but I have had a really hard time getting interested in the NBA at all this year. I have yet to watch an NBA game start to finish this year. I am also not one of the NBA haters, generally I love the NBA.
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
          If you look at Ariza's numbers on a per 48 minute basis they're ridiculous. Kid has mad game. If he can polish his jumper and stretch the floor with some more consistent range the kid would start. I was telling my brother in law that he may become a bigger steal than Gasol was. And with Ariza I don't miss Turiaf as much.
          Ariza started against the Blazers.

I don't care about Turiaf at all with the development of Ariza. Ariza actually has a legit outside shot this season.

I wish Turiaf well, but he chased the bucks. Now he is paying the price with a crappy team.

If I had to pick a Laker or two who are on shaky ground for the next season, I would pick VladRad and Odom. I love Odom, but they always seem to be wondering what to do with the guy. If the Lakers win a ring, odom stays. If they lose, Odom goes. Walton is another guy that was buried deep on the bench until recently. He switched out with VladRad. Now Walton is injured and VladRad came back to fill his spot. One of the two of them will go and since VladRad costs more....adios.

sigpic

Comment

Good news:

The Spurs are 22-11 and now lead the Southwest and are 2nd in the West.
            *Banned*

Comment

Ariza started against the Blazers.

I don't care about Turiaf at all with the development of Ariza. Ariza actually has a legit outside shot this season.

I wish Turiaf well, but he chased the bucks. Now he is paying the price with a crappy team.

If I had to pick a Laker or two who are on shaky ground for the next season, I would pick VladRad and Odom. I love Odom, but they always seem to be wondering what to do with the guy. If the Lakers win a ring, odom stays. If they lose, Odom goes. Walton is another guy that was buried deep on the bench until recently. He switched out with VladRad. Now Walton is injured and VladRad came back to fill his spot. One of the two of them will go and since VladRad costs more....adios.
              He started? Good for him. I had to follow the game through some updates at pit stops on the cell phone as I was traveling on the road.

I agree that either Walton or VladRad are gone. And to be honest I don't know who I'd rather have. Walton is the best facilitator in the triangle, however, his shot has been off and his defense isn't as good as VladRad IMO. VladRad is shooting lights out from 3 point land this year having reclaimed that Sonic mojo and his size helps on the defensive end.

I used to think that Odom is gone by the trade deadline. However, I think your rationale for what will determine his future is spot on. Though I must admit that I think the Lakers should try and keep him unless they could get something like a Marion for him.

I was disappointed that Turiaf left for money, but I think he had to take advantage of the pay day as it will likely be the only one in his career. After this contract he'll be a mid level exception type player that teams go after to fill a hole in their front line.
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

-Turtle
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                  While I appreciate the leg wrap for accuracy, I think the razor bumps on the neck were borderline racist.

sigpic

Comment

While I appreciate the leg wrap for accuracy, I think the razor bumps on the neck were borderline racist.
                    Plus who is #8?
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

Comment

Can anyone tell me why the Celtics seems to have gone into the toilet since their Christmas Day loss to the Lakers? They are 4-6 in their last 10 games. You also hear rumors of them bringing in Starbury as a backup (when has it ever been a good idea to bring that guy into your locker room?). Has the Celtic aura been tarnished? I think it has, but I can't quite put a finger on why they are slumping so badly right now.

sigpic

Comment

Can anyone tell me why the Celtics seems to have gone into the toilet since their Christmas Day loss to the Lakers? They are 4-6 in their last 10 games. You also hear rumors of them bringing in Starbury as a backup (when has it ever been a good idea to bring that guy into your locker room?). Has the Celtic aura been tarnished? I think it has, but I can't quite put a finger on why they are slumping so badly right now.
                        The biggest issue on paper with the Celtics is that their bench isn't nearly as good as it was last year IMO.
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

Comment

Lakers playing the Pacers at home.

41-36, Lakers leading the Pacers. In the first quarter!

Some sweet defense going on tonight.

sigpic

Comment

Pau Gasol looks like he would be very greasy.
                            Get confident, stupid
                            -landpoke

Comment

Kobe game winner. He's been on fire the last 5 games or so. He's raised his FG % quite a bit in the past two weeks.
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

Comment

Bynum showing some nice footwork around the basket tonight. Did Jax give him a pep talk?

One bad habit I keep seeing....Bynum sets up too far away from the basket. He needs to demand the ball down low, instead of the top of the key. Celtics will eat him up if he has to set up so far out.

I keep forgetting this team is missing Walton. And Farmar. And Odom.

Depth.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X