Lakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    Did you notice where Pow was standing on offense during the final 3 or 4 minutes? That's right.....about 15 feet away from the basket.

Dug Artest's Double Dragon hairdo.
    I thought he had a couple big put backs late. This stand around and watch Kobe dribble and shoot offense gets old fast. Why not have Kobe draw a double team while attacking the rim to give other guys wide open looks? Hate the way they're playing right now and hate the fact they felt they could get away with another year of being severely overmatched at the 1 spot every night.

Comment

• Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
      I thought he had a couple big put backs late. This stand around and watch Kobe dribble and shoot offense gets old fast. Why not have Kobe draw a double team while attacking the rim to give other guys wide open looks? Hate the way they're playing right now and hate the fact they felt they could get away with another year of being severely overmatched at the 1 spot every night.
      Pow will head to the basket once Kobe has shot it. But he doesn't want to be the guy to take the initial shot. Again, this is in the final minutes of a close game. 1st through 3rd quarter, Pow will put his hand up quite a bit and call for the ball.

Last night they should have continued to attack the hoop, esp with Howard in foul trouble and showing a reluctance to contest layups down the stretch.

Even VladRad thinks the Lakers are a bunch of space cadets right now.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Nice shot Kobe. I'm completely unimpressed with the Lakers. You're at home coming off a 3 game losing streak, playing a decent team you already lost to on the road that plays .333 road basketball, and you still look like garbage. Either they're nowhere near as good as people think they are or they have zero heart. I can't see this team winning a Championship this year.

Comment

• I am glad I bailed on that game in the first quarter or else I could have been suckered into watching the entire game just to see if Kobe could save them again.

I don't know, I am not too concerned. I think this team has some motivation issues obviously, but I don't think it will impact them much come playoffs. As long as everyone is healthy I am fine. Though I'd prefer they hold onto the #1 seed in the west. Dallas is playing well right now but I am not sold. The Wizards were playing out of their gourd right after the trade as well.

The title still has to come through LA.

Speaking of which, I can't read Plashke anymore. He kills me. He writes as though he's this tortured fan. How can a Lakers fan be tortured? Even worse than his writing is his TV and radio time. The guy's words can't get out of his mouth fast enough and he's spitting all over the place. His schtick is old.
          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
          -Turtle
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
            I am glad I bailed on that game in the first quarter or else I could have been suckered into watching the entire game just to see if Kobe could save them again.

I don't know, I am not too concerned. I think this team has some motivation issues obviously, but I don't think it will impact them much come playoffs. As long as everyone is healthy I am fine. Though I'd prefer they hold onto the #1 seed in the west. Dallas is playing well right now but I am not sold. The Wizards were playing out of their gourd right after the trade as well.

The title still has to come through LA.

Speaking of which, I can't read Plashke anymore. He kills me. He writes as though he's this tortured fan. How can a Lakers fan be tortured? Even worse than his writing is his TV and radio time. The guy's words can't get out of his mouth fast enough and he's spitting all over the place. His schtick is old.
            Yeah, watching every game is not good for me. I try to force myself to take breaks, but damnit if I can't stop loving you LA!!! I find myself taking the cynical Simers/Plashke approach to this team too often. I have a hard time seeing that much talent disinterested so often. Like I said, I can't decide if it's the disinterest or if they just aren't as good as I thought. They don't seem to understand that every team is ready to play them almost every night, and especially on the road. @ Phoenix, @ GS, @ Sac for the next three. You'd think that would be three wins, but look at the way those teams have played the Lakers this year. Both GS games in LA were late comebacks, and Sac should've beat us twice already. I want to see these guys put together a nasty stretch before the playoffs where they start to dismantle teams. I see Dallas, Denver, and even Utah doing it right now.

Comment

Yeah, watching every game is not good for me. I try to force myself to take breaks, but damnit if I can't stop loving you LA!!! I find myself taking the cynical Simers/Plashke approach to this team too often. I have a hard time seeing that much talent disinterested so often. Like I said, I can't decide if it's the disinterest or if they just aren't as good as I thought. They don't seem to understand that every team is ready to play them almost every night, and especially on the road. @ Phoenix, @ GS, @ Sac for the next three. You'd think that would be three wins, but look at the way those teams have played the Lakers this year. Both GS games in LA were late comebacks, and Sac should've beat us twice already. I want to see these guys put together a nasty stretch before the playoffs where they start to dismantle teams. I see Dallas, Denver, and even Utah doing it right now.
              I hear you. I really think the biggest issue with this Lakers team is Bynum and Pau not being able to play with each other. That should be a dominating, impenetrable combo when they're both on the floor. For whatever reason it is not and the best units feature Odom in the lineup with one of the two on the bench. I don't know if this is something JaX should do because I am afraid it will hurt Bynum's feelings and send him into a funk, but maybe Bynum should be the 6th man.

The other obvious issue is guard play at the point. We can't keep anyone from penetrating into the paint which gives us all kinds of problems. Mostly of the fouling kind and Bynum has to sit. Kobe is roaming too much and sagging to help leaving his guy open for the deep ball, a la Q. "I miss pulling my antennae out of my head with Darius Miles" Richardson lighting him up for 25 the other night.
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

• Both of you Debbie Downers need to knock it off. YOU CAN ACT LIKE A MAN! What's the matter with you....is this how you've turned out? A non-Hollywood finocchio that cries like a woman? "Oh, what do I do...what do I do?" What is that nonsense? Ridiculous!

Chill out for a second and enjoy this season's KCAL 9 promo piece....the new "I Love LA" by Brian McKnight and crew.

Playoffs start next month. Be ready.

[youtube]MVzDtQYod34[/youtube]

sigpic

Comment

Both of you Debbie Downers need to knock it off. YOU CAN ACT LIKE A MAN! What's the matter with you....is this how you've turned out? A non-Hollywood finocchio that cries like a woman? "Oh, what do I do...what do I do?" What is that nonsense? Ridiculous!

Chill out for a second and enjoy this season's KCAL 9 promo piece....the new "I Love LA" by Brian McKnight and crew.

Youtube is blocked at work so I'll check it out at home. I miss KCAL.

I am not down on this team. I still think this team wins the west and the destroys the EC opponent.
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

Comment

Both of you Debbie Downers need to knock it off. YOU CAN ACT LIKE A MAN! What's the matter with you....is this how you've turned out? A non-Hollywood finocchio that cries like a woman? "Oh, what do I do...what do I do?" What is that nonsense? Ridiculous!

Help thou my unbelief!

And for what it's worth...in six years I'll turn 40. I'M A MAN!

Comment

• That's it. We're winning it all!!!

Comment

That's it. We're winning it all!!!

sigpic

Comment

• I completely forgot that they played tonight. So I was happy when I saw the box score.
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

Comment

• I watched the Lakers score 39 in the first quarter and went to bed. Woke up and checked my text updates from the game and saw they won by 2. Shocker. I hate playing GS.
                            -Turtle
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                              I watched the Lakers score 39 in the first quarter and went to bed. Woke up and checked my text updates from the game and saw they won by 2. Shocker. I hate playing GS.
                              Ahem, they won by 3.

Comment

Bump! Just like I said...guaranteed three wins. DDD, sometimes you seriously need to chill.

Comment

Working...
                                X