Lakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    Shaq has thumb surgery. Out for 8 weeks.

Whoops. That would put him at a return date one week into the playoffs.

How much does this affect Cleveland in the race for best record? And how does this affect Shaq when he comes back?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/S...layoffs-030110

This could have Finals implications if the Cavs were to make it that far.
    Well the injury must have happened on company time so I can see why he would have the surgery on company time. Seriously though, you start to question whether Shaq is just looking for a breather. He's been notorious for mailing in the regular season since those Laker 3peat teams. I don't think this impacts Cleveland one way or the other with regard to home court advantage during the Eastern Conference playoffs. They have a nice six game cushion over Orlando currently, and I doubt Shaq makes that much of a difference. I guess with both he and Z out, they'll be a little thin inside. Given the brutal schedule the Lakers have in March, I don't see us overtaking Cleveland for overall best record either. I've been waiting all year for an inspired road trip or extended stretch but have yet to see it.

Loved Lamar's game yesterday. As always he's the X-factor.

Comment

• Has there been any talk about Michael Finley possibly landing in LA? I realize he doesn't have much left in the tank, but he can probably stand out there and shoot like he did in SA for several years. With Sasha suffering from a case of mangina, why not Finley as an extra shooter off the bench?

Comment

• Cupcakes

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/mar...s-fyi-20100302

[Messed] up

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakers...ll-valued.html

[YOUTUBE]u2SExRgZd28[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]3ykgBP_PM50[/YOUTUBE]
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• No Scrubs

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/mar...s-fyi-20100303

Murderers

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/mar...akers-20100303

Farmar in a groove

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...0,894302.story

[YOUTUBE]bUO0g0uBHAk[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]n90Y_2VRfXo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]NY4IIUgSqp8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]ZCR2wPXr6l8[/YOUTUBE]

sigpic

Comment

• We smoked the Pacers!!! Up yours, Troy Murphy!

Comment

• SI Players Poll: Dirtiest Players in the league?

2 Lakers make the cut!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...6789/index.htm

WHO IS THE DIRTIEST PLAYER IN THE NBA?
              Reggie Evans, Raptors F 21%
              Ron Artest, Lakers F 13%
              Andres Nocioni, Kings F 6%
              Anderson Varejao, Cavs C 5%
              Kobe Bryant, Lakers G 4%
              FAST FACTS
              Only Varejao (85th, 5.2 fouls) and Nocioni (89th, 5.1) are among the top 100 in fouls per 48 minutes. Evans has been injured and doesn't have enough playing time to qualify.... Three of the top six vote-getters, including Hawks center Zaza Pachulia (4%), have played internationally.... The NBA's leading fouler, Wizards forward-center Fabricio Oberto (9.1 per 48 minutes), received zero votes.
              Based on a survey of 173 NBA players

sigpic

Comment

• Kobe to be on Modern Family

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakers...ngmailcom.html

[YOUTUBE]qyDuREaP_Pc[/YOUTUBE]

Hitting the Road

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...,6530408.story

sigpic

Comment

• Too many turnovers. 24 points off turnovers.

sigpic

Comment

• I don't even know why I bother watching the Lakers when they play Charlotte.

This is going to be an ugly road trip.
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

Comment

• 0-2. And in both games, 10 turnovers....in the first half! Nice way to get ready for the playoffs.

Sunday's game should be epic.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                        0-2. And in both games, 10 turnovers....in the first half! Nice way to get ready for the playoffs.

Sunday's game should be epic.
                        No more "zzzzzzz. Is it the playoffs yet?" posts? Someone starting to get worried I see.
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                          No more "zzzzzzz. Is it the playoffs yet?" posts? Someone starting to get worried I see.
                          Funny, I was just thinking that after watching and getting pissed about the Heat game last night. I think I checked in on tonight's game once, and saw the Lakers down 73-58 or something. The Lakers don't give a damn some nights so I figure why should I? They'll play well enough to secure home court throughout the WCF and against everybody outside of Cleveland. Pau is suddenly ultra soft again.

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                            I am definitely concerned. Bynum can't seem to figure things out on a consistent basis, Kobe hasn't found his shot, and what is most frustrating for me is that Pow is fantastic for 75% of the game but he is almost totally unreliable down the stretch.

Last night and the night before if you watch the final minutes, you will notice that Pow basically never calls for the ball in the post. He hangs out on the perimeter and hopes for a jump shot, I suppose. With Bynum almost always sitting on the bench at the end of games, this leaves the ball in Kobe's hand every single time. Not necessarily a bad option, but it would be nice if Pow could be more aggressive in the post. Pow wants the ball thrown to him in the first three quarters, but in crunch time of a close game, he fades away and relies to heavily on the jumper instead of using his height and his moves. Teams know he is soft and they pick on him. It isn't even a secret in the NBA that Pow can be bullied.

Another thing....more porous defense, which seems to be a signature hallmark of the Lakers. Last night it was a new random bench player that looked like an all-star.

When I say "worried," I am talking about the WCF and Finals, not worried about making the playoffs or getting out of the first 2 rounds. However, simply making the Finals is basically a failure for the Lakers, so I guess it is all one and the same.

sigpic

Comment

• WTF? When they pick and roll with Howard, why the hell is Pau overplaying 30' from the rim? I thought Kobe was sending this one to OT. Also, the MWC refs seemed to have gotten the call today. Matt Barnes is a little bitch.

First time the Lakers have lost 3 in a row since they have acquired Pau.
                              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                                WTF? When they pick and roll with Howard, why the hell is Pau overplaying 30' from the rim? I thought Kobe was sending this one to OT. Also, the MWC refs seemed to have gotten the call today. Matt Barnes is a little bitch.

First time the Lakers have lost 3 in a row since they have acquired Pau.

Did you notice where Pow was standing on offense during the final 3 or 4 minutes? That's right.....about 15 feet away from the basket.

Dug Artest's Double Dragon hairdo.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X