No announcement yet.

Lakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like how all TNT post-game is about the Lakers. And that this loss just proves the Lakers is the best team.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
      I like how all TNT post-game is about the Lakers. And that this loss just proves the Lakers is the best team.
      The Lakers just went on a tear without 2 key starters and took the Celtics to the buzzer without Kobe.

There is little doubt which team is the deepest.

I have to say, I am incredibly bothered by Kobe's no show on the bench. I don't think it is acceptable. This is basically the biggest home game of the year. Where was he? He isn't showing great leadership, imo, by doing this, regardless of what he is saying to his guys to pump them up before and after the game.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Last night I finally realized Kobe's greatest value to the Lakers is to get the ball out of Fisher's hands as often as possible. Fisher has been gone from the Jazz long enough that I forgot how brutal he really is until last night. And I'm not talking about that last shot that may have been one of the worst last second attempts I've ever seen, rather the less the ball is in Fisher's hands from the 1st quarter going forward, the better the Lakers chances are.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
          Last night I finally realized Kobe's greatest value to the Lakers is to get the ball out of Fisher's hands as often as possible. Fisher has been gone from the Jazz long enough that I forgot how brutal he really is until last night. And I'm not talking about that last shot that may have been one of the worst last second attempts I've ever seen, rather the less the ball is in Fisher's hands from the 1st quarter going forward, the better the Lakers chances are.
          The more interesting aspect of last night's game was watching Ray Allen.

When the Lakers played at Boston, through 10 shots, Ray was 2 for 10. He also shot 0 for 6 from the 3.

Last night, without Kobe, a perennial all-defense selection, Ray was 9 for 10 through 10 shots and finished 4 for 6 from the 3.

Another value Kobe brings is that he also keeps the ball out of Pow's hands in crunch time. We have all witnessed what Pow can and can't do....taking over a game in the clutch is not one of those things. He is still letting himself get bullied down the stretch by the Celtics and last night he was deer-in-headlights at the end.

I will say this....why did the Celtics trade Eddie House? The already let Posey walk, now House. I guess they don't like having 3 point threats? What does Nate Robinson do for the Celtics? Rondo does just fine for them, so it would seem.

This was a good stretch for the Lakers, though. They are playing hard.

sigpic

Comment

• 18 is enough?

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...0,667928.story

sigpic

Comment

• The Machine wasn't faking it: sprained shoulder

[YOUTUBE]ELtMkN6y_uU[/YOUTUBE]

Kobe speaks

[YOUTUBE]mqjNwCHP9rI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]gcOfZxSOYX8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]DBzDS3J9dSw[/YOUTUBE]

sigpic

Comment

• Man it feels like the Lakers haven't played forever. And now they don't play until Tuesday. That's quite the layoff for them it seems. How did I make it through the summer? Thank goodness they play until June.
                -Turtle
                sigpic

Comment

• Yauza!

OC Register not kind to Pow for being soft....after being snippy a week earlier.

http://www.ocregister.com/sports/gas...t-jackson.html

So there was Gasol, again having gotten a late rest, with the ball and his eye toward the basket Thursday night – until Brown cut under the hoop. Brown later explained his move by saying Ray Allen "was not paying attention," and Gasol saw Brown flash open. Gasol sent him the ball, which never did get through cleanly and rolled out of bounds.

You simply cannot not get a shot up at crunchtime. Immediately after the turnover, Gasol tried to blame Brown. Gasol gestured and complained to Odom about how Brown hadn't kept coming to meet the pass. In the same way a wide receiver not completing a comeback route lets the cornerback make up ground and make the quarterback look bad, Brown let Allen recover to the ball.

Gasol intimated the same thing in his postgame comments, vaguely saying Brown was ahead of Allen – but then he wasn't. Gasol was not going to pass the buck again, though.

"I should've held it," Gasol said, "and made sure I took care of that possession myself. That's what happens when you're too unselfish."

sigpic

Comment

• Kobe is a gazelle

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...,2240796.story

"Don't get it twisted," he [Artest] said with a smile. "It's the 'Mamba Show.' Happy to have him back."
                    Gary Vitti books hotels

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...,2346766.story

[YOUTUBE]HnPyKxUXoEo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]mU5u6Of_0Ws[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]T6ClZ84OZRQ[/YOUTUBE]

sigpic

Comment

• Mamba with two huge 3s to pull this game out. Really nice win considering tomorrow is a back-to-back in Dallas with a rejuvenated Mavs team that will be ready to play on national TV at home. Did you see Pau's shot with about 30 secs remaining and down 2? Brutal. Pau is a great player--the perfect #2, but you see why Kobe is special.

Comment

• Welcome back Mamba!
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

Comment

• Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• So much for the questions

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...8.story?page=2

[YOUTUBE]TfbRGao8blE[/YOUTUBE]

sigpic

Comment

• Bynum is starting to cop the a and it concerns me. He is still young but someone is filling his dome with junk and I am wondering if it is his bubblehead agent, David Lee. I wasn't aware that Bynum really rolls with a posse, but someone has put it in his head that he needs to get a minimum amount of touches and that he should be in at the end of games. He needs to stop worrying about getting his touches and focus more on defense and rebounding. More and more Bynum's post-game discontent (when he is feeling discontent...not always) focuses on his lack of touches.

Also, I get the heebs when I see Bynum facing up to the basket 8 or 10 feet out. He starts dribbling the ball and it almost always results in a travel or a turnover. Those high dribbles are easy pickings for the guards.

Not a great road trip for the Lakers. Miracle shot to win against memphis, loss to Dallas. And this Dallas had no Butler.

Dallas is officially a really good team and a legit threat over a 7-game series. They definitely improved at the trade deadline.

sigpic

Comment

• Now that Z has officially been waived, he is free to sign anywhere

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/W...gauskas-022510

The obvious destination would be Cleveland. Is it possible he signs elsewhere? He isn't going to be a starter with any of the contenders and the money will likely be the same this season anywhere he goes. The local radio guys said LA might make a play for him, but I don't see that as a wise move.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X