Page 183 of 185 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185 LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,490 of 5549

Thread: Lakers

Lakers starting to figure things out. 9 of 11. McGee might be most improved in the league. Chandler has been the perfect backup. Rondo getting hurt is a blessing in disguise IMO. Bron is pushing Zo to be more aggressive and it's paying dividends. He's already a terrific defender and shooting looks better. Though I still don't get the swish or airball extremes. Still need consistency out of Ingram and Kuzma. But this team is trending up.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

i thought the rondo injury might be a blessing in disguise. ball is ridiculously good at basketball, but he needs to figure out the shooting. kuzma and ingram are going to frustrate lebron all year long with their inconsistent play.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Lakers are interesting. after losing two straight, they got a nice win against a good indiana team - albeit with oladipo out. LeBron took 27 shots, Ingram 15 and everybody else took less than 10. doesn't take a genius to know that if the Lakers want to be at their best, that is about what the FGA disparity should look like. lebron should be taking about double that of anybody else on the team. however, LeBron take that many shots every game, he likely wears himself out this year and it may take a toll for future seasons - and it seems his LAL career is not about this year in anyway - it's going to be about 2019-20 and the following season.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Merry Xmas!!
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    Merry Xmas!!
    Thanks! My Laker obsessed in laws just finished watching the most boring game of the day. Now we can watch a real basketball game.

I really really hope the Pelicans don't take the Laker's offer. They are bidding against themselves. I doubt AD will be as expensive this summer even with more teams in the mix.
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    I really really hope the Pelicans don't take the Laker's offer. They are bidding against themselves. I doubt AD will be as expensive this summer even with more teams in the mix.
    I think I saw something on Twitter saying that the Lakers had withdrawn from the AD sweepstakes.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Magic quit. Yay.
    -Turtle

Wow. That is good news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
    Magic quit. Yay.
    You believe Magic here?

Johnson made the announcement immediately after coach Luke Walton's pregame comments, adding that he had not yet informed team owner Jeanie Buss of his intentions to step down.

"I couldn't face [Buss] to tell her," Johnson admitted while referring to her as "my sister."
    https://www.nba.com/article/2019/04/...kers-president
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    I hope it's not true. It's a terrible look for anyone, let alone an executive to not man up and resign in person.

Bucher said Magic quit because he needs to feel beloved and liked and the fans had turned on him. I agree with a lot of that. Magic cares about his legacy. After landing LeBron he failed in virtually every aspect of his job.

Hopefully Pelinka is next and they make a Godfather offer to West. Also hearing David Griffin could be a possibility. Anyone but Ernie Grunfeld would be an improvement.
    -Turtle

Magic quit. Yay.
    I am shocked this didn't work out. Everything that Magic has done after his playing career has been an unqualified success including late night talk show host, coach, and announcer.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

"What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Vogel is a pretty good hire, imo. kidd as an assistant certainly has the potential to turn it into a dumpster fire.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    Vogel is a pretty good hire, imo. kidd as an assistant certainly has the potential to turn it into a dumpster fire.
    I like Vogel better than Lue, Williams or any of the other guys they interviewed. Wish Kidd wasn't a part of it.
    -Turtle

I like Vogel better than Lue, Williams or any of the other guys they interviewed. Wish Kidd wasn't a part of it.
    Agreed. Vogel is a good hire with the potential to be a dumpster fire with Kidd sitting there scheming to take his job.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Agreed. Vogel is a good hire with the potential to be a dumpster fire with Kidd sitting there scheming to take his job.
    Seems like a horrible way to set up a lame duck coach. Especially when you're looking 3 years out or something? If it was the guys last year, and you knew at the end the next guy was taking over, that would be one thing. Heck - that's where we're at with my current agency - they named the successor 6 months before the current CEO's retirement date. Transition has been great. But three years of that? Yeah - not a great plan.

LAL locked down a nice asset last night with the 4th overall pick. Not sure if that piece necessarily makes their offer to New Orleans for AD more attractive than a Boston package built around Tatum and Brown, but it's certainly more attractive than what they could offer before last night.

Quote Originally Posted by HBCoug View Post
    LAL locked down a nice asset last night with the 4th overall pick. Not sure if that piece necessarily makes their offer to New Orleans for AD more attractive than a Boston package built around Tatum and Brown, but it's certainly more attractive than what they could offer before last night.
    maybe not enough.

PLesa excuse the tpyos.

The Pelicans just don't like the Lakers. It will have to wait until he is a FA. I don't think a Boston deal will work now that Kyrie is all but gone and Hayward sucks, all they have to offer is picks and average players (Tatum is better than average but I doubt he will be enough even with a bunch of picks).

The Pelicans just don't like the Lakers. It will have to wait until he is a FA. I don't think a Boston deal will work now that Kyrie is all but gone and Hayward sucks, all they have to offer is picks and average players (Tatum is better than average but I doubt he will be enough even with a bunch of picks).
    it will be interesting, but i still it's likely they trade him. sounds like he is still adamant about wanting out of new orleans and i don't see how you can go another year with a lame duck superstar like that. I think Boston can get a deal done.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

it will be interesting, but i still it's likely they trade him. sounds like he is still adamant about wanting out of new orleans and i don't see how you can go another year with a lame duck superstar like that. I think Boston can get a deal done.
    But if Kyrie walks, and they have to trade picks and Tatum at minimum to get him then AD likely isn't going to resign in Boston. Lakers can put together the best deal right now with the 4th and young talent. Gayle Benson denies the over my dead body comment. But we'll see. There are a lot of FAs out there. It will be interesting to see if the Kawhi gamble pays off for Toronto. That could affect the AD trade offers.
    -Turtle

Faith crisis consultant SeattleUte's Avatar
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    That bit about Pelinka telling the story of setting up a meeting between Heath Ledger and Kobe after the release of The Dark Knight is really something.

If the Lakers could only get a virulently racist owner, they could become the new Sterling era Clippers. Meanwhile the current version of the Clippers have Jerry West advising them, are loaded with draft picks and young prospects, and seemed poised to land Kawhi Leonard in free agency.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Quote Originally Posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
    That bit about Pelinka telling the story of setting up a meeting between Heath Ledger and Kobe after the release of The Dark Knight is really something.

If the Lakers could only get a virulently racist owner, they could become the new Sterling era Clippers. Meanwhile the current version of the Clippers have Jerry West advising them, are loaded with draft picks and young prospects, and seemed poised to land Kawhi Leonard in free agency.
    It makes me really sad to see what the good Dr's offspring have done to this proud franchise. Pelinka comes off as an insecure phony who drops Kobe's name every chance he gets. That Dark Knight story is so perfect for him. I fear the Lakers will strike out in "big game hunting" free agency again unless a player like Kawhi or KD is just hell bent on playing there and looks past the inept leadership.

It makes me really sad to see what the good Dr's offspring have done to this proud franchise. Pelinka comes off as an insecure phony who drops Kobe's name every chance he gets. That Dark Knight story is so perfect for him. I fear the Lakers will strike out in "big game hunting" free agency again unless a player like Kawhi or KD is just hell bent on playing there and looks past the inept leadership.
    pretty much. Magic basically torched the franchise on his way out (he was also a disaster) making it impossible to land free agents, but to be honest the franchise needs to be burnt to the ground so it can be rebuilt. Hopefully the Buss family burns along with everything else.

pretty much. Magic basically torched the franchise on his way out (he was also a disaster) making it impossible to land free agents, but to be honest the franchise needs to be burnt to the ground so it can be rebuilt. Hopefully the Buss family burns along with everything else.
    I hope that somehow we emerge from the rubble with a revival of the Magic Hour.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

I don't know why Pelinka wasn't fired when Magic bailed. All the faith I had in Jeanie to not be like her brothers is gone.
    -Turtle

In my lifetime, the Lakers have struggled on a few occasions. Off the top of my head, the transition between Magic/Kareem and Shaq led to some lean years, the post-Shaq era (until Jerry West forgot he was the Grizzlies GM and not the Lakers GM). But I'm not sure I've ever seen the Lakers look like a complete dumpster fire on the court and in the back office like now. I just wish the Suns were somehow not worse than the Lakers in every way imaginable so I could run some smack.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

It seems like the Clippers stench is gone. The way they cut bait with Chris Paul and Blake Griffin when it was clear that the team wasn't good enough to compete and then put themselves in serious contention with the likely Kawhi pickup is impressive. It's only been two seasons since Griffin and Paul were both there.

There was a story that the ESPN column alluded to when they quoted a player who had been traded to another team and what he said to another pending free agent -- something like things are a disaster with the Lakers right now. Paul George looked like he was going to sign with the Lakers until word got around that the Lakers were the west coast Knicks. KD isn't a SoCal native like Kawhi or George and he's coming off the appearance that he gravytrained off of Steph Curry for 2-3 rings. The Lakers with LeBron doesn't seem likely. The Clippers, perhaps. The Knicks have the cap space for two big time free agents, but who's going with KD to that mess? The rumor is that KD actually wants to go to the Knicks -- I'll believe it when I see it
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”