No announcement yet.

Lakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man I am surprised how many times I have been choked up today reading and watching the coverage. Sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
      Man I am surprised how many times I have been choked up today reading and watching the coverage. Sad.

I've cried more tears today than I ever thought possible.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

Comment

• I hated Kobe, which only means he was incredible and not on my team's roster.

But this has hit me hard as a sports fan. It's hard not to admire his work ethic, talent, and intelligence. He was well on his way to being one of those professional athletes who excelled at life post-retirement. He somehow saved his marriage and was by all accounts an amazing dad to his daughters. RIP, Kobe. Gone way too soon.
        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• i could have been president of the kobe haters fan club while he was playing. most hated athlete of all time. but that shook me. didn't seem real. kobe was one of those guys you thought would live forever and his impact on the sports world was incredible. legend.

i say put him in the HoF today.
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

Comment

• This would have been shocking under any circumstances, but the fact that he died with his 13-yr-old daughter on the way to some basketball event with her really ramped up the emotional response. What a tragedy.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Man I am surprised how many times I have been choked up today reading and watching the coverage. Sad.

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
              Yeah I have not been handling this well. I need to figure out what's going on with my relationship with Kobe Bryant!
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                I hated Kobe, which only means he was incredible and not on my team's roster.

But this has hit me hard as a sports fan. It's hard not to admire his work ethic, talent, and intelligence. He was well on his way to being one of those professional athletes who excelled at life post-retirement. He somehow saved his marriage and was by all accounts an amazing dad to his daughters. RIP, Kobe. Gone way too soon.
                Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                i could have been president of the kobe haters fan club while he was playing. most hated athlete of all time. but that shook me. didn't seem real. kobe was one of those guys you thought would live forever and his impact on the sports world was incredible. legend.

i say put him in the HoF today.
                Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                This would have been shocking under any circumstances, but the fact that he died with his 13-yr-old daughter on the way to some basketball event with her really ramped up the emotional response. What a tragedy.
                Originally posted by Commando View Post
                Yeah I have not been handling this well. I need to figure out what's going on with my relationship with Kobe Bryant!
                The news certainly surprised me, but I must be past feeling, because his death, while surreal, isn't really affecting me emotionally. He definitely earned my respect as a player. Pretty sad about his daughter, though, and the other kid/parent on the helicopter.
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                  The news certainly surprised me, but I must be past feeling, because his death, while surreal, isn't really affecting me emotionally. He definitely earned my respect as a player. Pretty sad about his daughter, though, and the other kid/parent on the helicopter.
                  sounds like other parentS and kidS.

8 people besides the pilot

kobe and daughter
                  juco baseball coach - john altobelli, wife and daughter
                  christina mauser - basketball coach (and mom)
                  mother and daughter - sara and payton chester
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                    That is kind of where I am.
                    “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

• So sad, especially about his daughter. He seemed to be a very, very devoted father. Admirably so.

Interesting perspective.

The stories we tell about Kobe Bryant

By all appearances, he put his life on a very good course, but this still happened and had its own impact. People are messy.
                      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Glad they got it this year of all years. #ripkobe

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• To add to the horrible 2020, we get this.

Comment

• some of you know triplet outside the board. lebron freaking james just won a title for his beloved lakers - has his head exploded yet?
                            I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                              some of you know triplet outside the board. lebron freaking james just won a title for his beloved lakers - has his head exploded yet?
                              He is very happy. No head explosions.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                He is very happy. No head explosions.
                                awesome.
                                I'm like LeBron James.
                                -mpfunk

Comment

Working...
                                X