Page 182 of 182 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182
Results 5,431 to 5,442 of 5442

Thread: Lakers

First paulplayoffgeorge resigns AND NOW LeBron signs with the Lakers? It's as if the jazz aren't even trying for free agents.

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Cap space to land another big name next off season. The play is not for this year, but the next 3 after that, IMO. Also, Kuzma is a more complete wing than anyone on the Cavs last year, and Ball is a legit trip-dub threat on any given night. They definitely need a couple more pieces, but they are already nearly as talented as that Cavs team, and they have another 50 million to spend. The trick is going to be to avoid the inclination to spend it all now to win this year.
    This is correct. If they can’t get Kawhi this offseason, they’ll get him either before the trade deadline (likely) or after the season. With Kawhi, the Lakers could make a decent run this year, although they may be behind the warriors and rockets still.

With LeBron, things are setting up nicely for the 19-20 campaign. Throw in another max deal player and they will be good. I’m just praying Magic has no intentions of signing Carmelo
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Cap space to land another big name next off season. The play is not for this year, but the next 3 after that, IMO. Also, Kuzma is a more complete wing than anyone on the Cavs last year, and Ball is a legit trip-dub threat on any given night. They definitely need a couple more pieces, but they are already nearly as talented as that Cavs team, and they have another 50 million to spend. The trick is going to be to avoid the inclination to spend it all now to win this year.
    Ingram also took a big step forward. Just needs consistency. He is also only 7 weeks older than Ball. I'm hoping Kuzma can turn into Klay. At least a poor man's version of him. Keeping this young core together is important. Not just for their potential, but because they are cheap right now. If Magic and Pelinka are to be believed they won't mortgage their future for now. We'll see.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

Quote Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
    Ingram also took a big step forward. Just needs consistency. He is also only 7 weeks older than Ball. I'm hoping Kuzma can turn into Klay. At least a poor man's version of him. Keeping this young core together is important. Not just for their potential, but because they are cheap right now. If Magic and Pelinka are to be believed they won't mortgage their future for now. We'll see.
    Remember when we argued about Kuzma being a better recruit for the Utes than Brekkott Chapman. I am rarely right, but I was sure right about that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfah
    Brekkot Chapman is way better than this Kusma kid I have never heard of. I just watched a highlight and he has an ugly jumper. He shoots with two hands like Shawn Marion.
    http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...=1#post1016760
    Last edited by MartyFunkhouser; 07-02-2018 at 10:45 AM.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
    I think we’ll see players like Ingram and Kuzma improve a bit more this year with LeBron taking all the attention. I also look forward to Zo and LeBron playing together but if LeBron is playing the point in the late fourth quarter I wonder if they’ll put Zo on the bench because of his crappy shooting ability.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
    Remember when we argued about Kuzma being a better recruit for the Utes than Brekkott Chapman. I am rarely right, but I was sure right about that one.

You were right. I'll take that L gladly. I'm glad we didn't miss on Chapman now.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    I think we’ll see players like Ingram and Kuzma improve a bit more this year with LeBron taking all the attention. I also look forward to Zo and LeBron playing together but if LeBron is playing the point in the late fourth quarter I wonder if they’ll put Zo on the bench because of his crappy shooting ability.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post

turned out ok for shawn marion
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    or they’ll move him to boston or philly.
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Suomalainen New Mexican Disaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    or they’ll move him to boston or philly.
    They can have him with that package.

Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar

Someone should reach out to Triplet in the spirit world and tell him that his avatar needs changing.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke