Page 181 of 182 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182 LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,430 of 5442

Thread: Lakers

Quote Originally Posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
    Total ripoff by the Lakers. Cleared cap space with expiring contracts, sent players not in the long term plans, and got a first rounder.
    also works for Cleveland - they HAD to get rid of IT, and they got a young defensive minded player who can finish at the rim in Nance. mostly addition by subtraction, but Nance is everything you want TT to be.

and Clarkson is another young player who is sitting there with a PER of 17 - he's no world beater but he's effective.
    Last edited by smokymountainrain; 02-08-2018 at 11:51 AM.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Suomalainen New Mexican Disaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    also works for Cleveland - they HAD to get rid of IT, and they got a young defensive minded player who can finish at the rim in Nance. mostly addition by subtraction, but Nance is everything you want TT to be.

and Clarkson is another young player who is sitting there with a PER of 17 - he's no world beater but he's effective.
    Cleveland is definitely better with those two. A win, win.

So this clears the way for Bron Bron to LA next year?
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    So this clears the way for Bron Bron to LA next year?
    they sold their kyrie birth right for a mess of pottage. let’s hope.
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

that's exactly what it does and its the reason they made the trade. and as far as IT, he can't do too much damage as they were dead in the water regardless.

just be glad they kept randle and kuzma
    Yeah, I just had a notification saying they acquired IT. Now that I see the details, I like it. Although I liked Clarkson and Nance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

I haven't been paying much attention to the NBA yet this season - why did Cleveland have to get rid of IT?
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    I haven't been paying much attention to the NBA yet this season - why did Cleveland have to get rid of IT?
    he was killing them on both ends of the floor and was becoming a cancer in the locker room. he was shooting 36% FGs, 25% 3pt and was the worst defensive player in the league.

ultimately was just a terrible fit and they couldn't win with him.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    lol no. In Lebron's dreams.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Dyslexics are teople poo...

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    lol no. In Lebron's dreams.
    what do you mean in lebron's dreams? its either lebron and kawhi or lebron and KD - you want to win, join up. either way lebron wins.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

what do you mean in lebron's dreams? its either lebron and kawhi or lebron and KD - you want to win, join up. either way lebron wins.
    KD isn't trying to ride Lebron's coattails and clearly doesn't need him to win a chip. It's like dude said in the video. Lebron needs these dudes more than these dudes need Lebron. Kawhi I could see just b/c he's trying to get out of dodge anyway.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

KD isn't trying to ride Lebron's coattails and clearly doesn't need him to win a chip. It's like dude said in the video. Lebron needs these dudes more than these dudes need Lebron. Kawhi I could see just b/c he's trying to get out of dodge anyway.
    you mean, he didn't need him to win championships - just as Curry didn't need him, Duncan didn't need him, etc. LeBron isn't the only guy winning championships. of course Durant didn't need him. Nobody needs LeBron to win championships. Everybody has options.

But when LeBron, Kawhi and PG are winning championships in LA, KD will be on the outside looking in. If KD wants in, now is the time.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

you mean, he didn't need him to win championships - just as Curry didn't need him, Duncan didn't need him, etc. LeBron isn't the only guy winning championships. of course Durant didn't need him. Nobody needs LeBron to win championships. Everybody has options.

But when LeBron, Kawhi and PG are winning championships in LA, KD will be on the outside looking in. If KD wants in, now is the time.
    Dude you forget that Utah will be dominating the west next year with team basketball and this Big 3 bullshit will look really silly.

Dude you forget that Utah will be dominating the west next year with team basketball and this Big 3 bullshit will look really silly.
    can't argue with that!
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Default Lakers

So now will Laker fans finally admit that LeBron is better than Kobe?
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    So will Laker fans finally admit that LeBron is better than Kobe?
    When he delivers a ring.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

Default Lakers

Quote Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
    When he delivers a ring.
    Or at least wins a game in the first round, right?
    Last edited by Donuthole; 07-01-2018 at 05:45 PM.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

I am excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

I’ll be forever disappointed in LeBron for this move if he doesn’t knock off the Warriors. If he does, all is forgiven.

Uggh.. Now we have to listen to Laker fans again. It was much nicer when they were quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post
    Uggh.. Now we have to listen to Laker fans again. It was much nicer when they were quiet.
    Now is the great day of my power.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

without kawhi this team still gets the shit kicked out of it by at least houston and gs
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

I'm betting that LBJ shows up in October with a new nose and breast reduction surgery. New hair plugs too.

When in Hollywood...

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

I've never hated LeBron and I'm looking forward to the start of a genuine rivalry between the W's and the Lakers, as i don't recall when both teams were good at the same time (with the W's failing to hold up their end more often than not). But I don't see LBJ as being enough to put the Lakers over the top, unless they come up with a couple other pieces. And by the time they do, I wonder about the mileage on LeBron. If you include his several playoff runs, the guy has as many miles on his odometer as a 36 year-old. I assume that's why he agreed to a four-year, as I suspect his value is going to drop significantly over the next couple of years.

And I shall now leave this thread and take a shower.

Ha ha Lakers now have 7-2 odds for the 2019 NBA Title and Cavs fall to 500-1.

It would take Lebron, Kawhi, and Paul George (PG now not happening) before 7-2 odds would make sense.

I'm not the world's premiere basketball mind, but... how is this Lakers team better than last year's Cavs? They don't even have a Kevin Love or a Kyle Korver.

I'm not the world's premiere basketball mind, but... how is this Lakers team better than last year's Cavs? They don't even have a Kevin Love or a Kyle Korver.
    Weather?
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Cap space to land another big name next off season. The play is not for this year, but the next 3 after that, IMO. Also, Kuzma is a more complete wing than anyone on the Cavs last year, and Ball is a legit trip-dub threat on any given night. They definitely need a couple more pieces, but they are already nearly as talented as that Cavs team, and they have another 50 million to spend. The trick is going to be to avoid the inclination to spend it all now to win this year.