Page 182 of 183 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183 LastLast
Results 5,431 to 5,460 of 5463

Thread: Lakers

First paulplayoffgeorge resigns AND NOW LeBron signs with the Lakers? It's as if the jazz aren't even trying for free agents.

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Cap space to land another big name next off season. The play is not for this year, but the next 3 after that, IMO. Also, Kuzma is a more complete wing than anyone on the Cavs last year, and Ball is a legit trip-dub threat on any given night. They definitely need a couple more pieces, but they are already nearly as talented as that Cavs team, and they have another 50 million to spend. The trick is going to be to avoid the inclination to spend it all now to win this year.
    This is correct. If they can’t get Kawhi this offseason, they’ll get him either before the trade deadline (likely) or after the season. With Kawhi, the Lakers could make a decent run this year, although they may be behind the warriors and rockets still.

With LeBron, things are setting up nicely for the 19-20 campaign. Throw in another max deal player and they will be good. I’m just praying Magic has no intentions of signing Carmelo
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Cap space to land another big name next off season. The play is not for this year, but the next 3 after that, IMO. Also, Kuzma is a more complete wing than anyone on the Cavs last year, and Ball is a legit trip-dub threat on any given night. They definitely need a couple more pieces, but they are already nearly as talented as that Cavs team, and they have another 50 million to spend. The trick is going to be to avoid the inclination to spend it all now to win this year.
    Ingram also took a big step forward. Just needs consistency. He is also only 7 weeks older than Ball. I'm hoping Kuzma can turn into Klay. At least a poor man's version of him. Keeping this young core together is important. Not just for their potential, but because they are cheap right now. If Magic and Pelinka are to be believed they won't mortgage their future for now. We'll see.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

Quote Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
    Ingram also took a big step forward. Just needs consistency. He is also only 7 weeks older than Ball. I'm hoping Kuzma can turn into Klay. At least a poor man's version of him. Keeping this young core together is important. Not just for their potential, but because they are cheap right now. If Magic and Pelinka are to be believed they won't mortgage their future for now. We'll see.
    Remember when we argued about Kuzma being a better recruit for the Utes than Brekkott Chapman. I am rarely right, but I was sure right about that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfah
    Brekkot Chapman is way better than this Kusma kid I have never heard of. I just watched a highlight and he has an ugly jumper. He shoots with two hands like Shawn Marion.
    http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...=1#post1016760
    Last edited by MartyFunkhouser; 07-02-2018 at 11:45 AM.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

I think we’ll see players like Ingram and Kuzma improve a bit more this year with LeBron taking all the attention. I also look forward to Zo and LeBron playing together but if LeBron is playing the point in the late fourth quarter I wonder if they’ll put Zo on the bench because of his crappy shooting ability.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
    Remember when we argued about Kuzma being a better recruit for the Utes than Brekkott Chapman. I am rarely right, but I was sure right about that one.

You were right. I'll take that L gladly. I'm glad we didn't miss on Chapman now.
    -Turtle

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    I think we’ll see players like Ingram and Kuzma improve a bit more this year with LeBron taking all the attention. I also look forward to Zo and LeBron playing together but if LeBron is playing the point in the late fourth quarter I wonder if they’ll put Zo on the bench because of his crappy shooting ability.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post

turned out ok for shawn marion
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

or they’ll move him to boston or philly.
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Suomalainen New Mexican Disaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    or they’ll move him to boston or philly.
    They can have him with that package.

Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar

Someone should reach out to Triplet in the spirit world and tell him that his avatar needs changing.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Default Lakers

Hilarious. I laughed a lot reading that.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

It’s happening

It’s happening
    LOL. The Lakers look like trash. Lebron and his merry misfits. Sorry bro.

Next year is the year you are willying for.

Lakers are long and athletic, but damn, how do you add LeBron and fall to add any three point shooting whatsoever? 0-15 so far tonight from three- middle of the third as i type this post.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    Lakers are long and athletic, but damn, how do you add LeBron and fall to add any three point shooting whatsoever? 0-15 so far tonight from three- middle of the third as i type this post.
    Sounds like the perfect fit for Jimmer.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Sounds like the perfect fit for Jimmer.
    joking aside, since he was drafted, i thought Jimmer's best chance to succeed in the league would be to play with LeBron.

also, the more i watched the Lakers, i realized that while 3pt shooting is an issue - they still put up 119 points last night. the bigger issue they will have this season is defense - they simply can't defend. young players generally have a hard time with defense anyway, then you have guys like LeBron and Rondo, who as they have piled up the mileage have dropped off significantly - and they have a glaring lack of rim protection outside of McGee. if you have to rely on McGee in any substantial way, you have problems.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

joking aside, since he was drafted, i thought Jimmer's best chance to succeed in the league would be to play with LeBron.

also, the more i watched the Lakers, i realized that while 3pt shooting is an issue - they still put up 119 points last night. the bigger issue they will have this season is defense - they simply can't defend. young players generally have a hard time with defense anyway, then you have guys like LeBron and Rondo, who as they have piled up the mileage have dropped off significantly - and they have a glaring lack of rim protection outside of McGee. if you have to rely on McGee in any substantial way, you have problems.
    The other issue is rebounding. They got beat up on the glass last night.

Still the Lakers scored at will in the paint. And Stephenson, Bron, Kuz, and Ingram won't combine for 1-19 from three most nights. If they could shoot they'd be legit. Hopefully Kuz finds his stroke. He is such a versatile player. But his long ball was off last night and all preseason.
    -Turtle

The other issue is rebounding. They got beat up on the glass last night.

Still the Lakers scored at will in the paint. And Stephenson, Bron, Kuz, and Ingram won't combine for 1-19 from three most nights. If they could shoot they'd be legit. Hopefully Kuz finds his stroke. He is such a versatile player. But his long ball was off last night and all preseason.
    agreed about Kuzma- i thought he would thrive with LeBron. still think he will, tbh, i mean it is early.

just not sure i trust ingram as a Lebron's Robin. I think Ball can be really good, but not sure he's a fit on this roster. I think you go with a LeBron, Ingram, Kuzma, Hart lineup as often as possible and it may not matter who the fifth guy is in the group of Rondo, McGee, Stephenson, Ball and KCP. but that foursome needs to be playing 30+ minutes every game.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

agreed about Kuzma- i thought he would thrive with LeBron. still think he will, tbh, i mean it is early.

just not sure i trust ingram as a Lebron's Robin. I think Ball can be really good, but not sure he's a fit on this roster. I think you go with a LeBron, Ingram, Kuzma, Hart lineup as often as possible and it may not matter who the fifth guy is in the group of Rondo, McGee, Stephenson, Ball and KCP. but that foursome needs to be playing 30+ minutes every game.
    I agree with Shaq last night that Kuz needs to start.
    -Turtle

Lakers get their first win.

They're number 2 in PPG with 126.8 on 50% FG. And that's with the some of the worst FT and 3Pt shooting in the league. This team would be lethal offensively if they could shoot. Defensively....
    -Turtle

Lakers get their first win.

They're number 2 in PPG with 126.8 on 50% FG. And that's with the some of the worst FT and 3Pt shooting in the league. This team would be lethal offensively if they could shoot. Defensively....
    not to mention, lebron has yet to find any kind of groove from the 3pt line so far - shooting 17% from three and is pretty much at about 36% at this point in his career. if he can get to that career mark, it will open things up even more. they will struggle to shoot from three all year, but if LeBron alone can get to his recent career averages, they could still be pretty scary offensively. Walton is doing a good job of focusing on the strengths of his team with an emphasis on paint points and fast break points.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

This team runs. Slack for a second and they're gone. Never in my life would I have thought Lance Stephenson would be the catalyst on a Lakers team. But there you go. Also, Lonzo's shot seems to be coming around and he's becoming an elite defender at the PG position.
    -Turtle

I was very impressed with how they defended and rebounded in crunch time. Denver is a pretty dang good team. Jokic is such a load.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    I was very impressed with how they defended and rebounded in crunch time. Denver is a pretty dang good team. Jokic is such a load.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed. I assumed this was a loss the way they played against Denver in the preseason and coming on the second night of a B2B. I think Lonzo needs to start ahead of Rondo when he gets back. Lonzo pushes the ball and gets it up. I feel that the offense flows much better with him. Same with Hart over KCP.
    -Turtle

It was nice that the Nuggets lost. That's all I have to say about that.

Agreed. I assumed this was a loss the way they played against Denver in the preseason and coming on the second night of a B2B. I think Lonzo needs to start ahead of Rondo when he gets back. Lonzo pushes the ball and gets it up. I feel that the offense flows much better with him. Same with Hart over KCP.
    I think the starting lineup from last night is your best starting lineup going forward. Fighting may have and probably should cost both Ingram and Rondo starting spots.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

#crazylebronstats

check out the link below.

https://nbamath.com/nba-individual-playoffs/

a couple things stand out:

that lebron has 5 of the top 8
    notice the players who have 10+ years experience and/or are age 30+ - this is almost comical.

more:

Most VORP ever in one playoffs and now 5 of the top 6 runs.

Player VORP Year
    1. LeBron James 3.71 2018
    2. Tim Duncan 3.52 2003
    3. LeBron James 3.21 2012
    4. LeBron James 3.15 2016
    5. LeBron James 2.95 2009
    6. LeBron James 2.95 2013

Highest Box/Plus for someone playing through the finals

Rank Player BPM Year
    1. LeBron James 18.16 2009
    2. Kareem 14.81 1977
    3. Michael Jordan*. 14.30 1990