Lakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
    Yeah, it's not a bad trade for either team but the Clips gave away a lot. They are in a good position and maybe the best team in the league, but the league is now so full of parity it's going to be a great season next year.

Looks like the Lakers have now added Danny Green and resigend KCP and Mcgee to 2-year deals. That's some decent depth. Green is a great shooter and he and KCP can defend. Kuzma staying around the best thing that happened other than getting AD. A PG is still badly needed and I wonder who is still out there. I wouldn't mind resigning Rondo is he's still around.
    Just signed Quinn Cook. Looks like Pelinka is not going to repeat Magic's mistake last year of not giving LeBron 3 point shooters.
    If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalCoug View Post
      It's the Lakers. Clippers are out.
      Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      *Banned*

Comment

Just signed Quinn Cook. Looks like Pelinka is not going to repeat Magic's mistake last year of not giving LeBron 3 point shooters.
        ... Edit.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
          I guess r/Lakers is as reliable as r/exMormon.
          A lot of victims of deception in those groups.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
            Lol.

You've got me on that one. Of course, it was only convincing Paul George to suddenly request a trade and then giving OKC 5 1sts, 2 swaps and a couple of good young players that changed things.

Comment

• Boogie
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Kawhi to the Clips - brings Portland right into the mix. If Nurk heals properly.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

I wouldn't mind resigning Rondo is he's still around.
                  Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                  Boogie

This is going to be a fun year in the NBA
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

This is going to be a fun year in the NBA
                    I predict a fractured team - and bad locker room vibe. Too many proven malcontents - in too small of space.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

You've got me on that one. Of course, it was only convincing Paul George to suddenly request a trade and then giving OKC 5 1sts, 2 swaps and a couple of good young players that changed things.
                      This is actually incorrect. Kawhi was playing them all along. Go read the articles about it. He even asked them to delay AD trade another day. He never wanted the Lakers. He was Toronto or Clips the entire time.

*Banned*

Comment

• Why would Kawhi, after being The Man in leading two different teams to championships want to play second fiddle to an aging LeBron?

I don't understand his love for Playoff P, though.
                        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                          This is actually incorrect. Kawhi was playing them all along. Go read the articles about it. He even asked them to delay AD trade another day. He never wanted the Lakers. He was Toronto or Clips the entire time.

I don't know what he would have done if the Clippers hadn't gotten the PG trade done. Lakers seemed to think he was going to be a Laker, and to be fair, he'd publicly stated previously that he wanted to be traded to the Lakers. Reportedly, he tried (and failed) to convince both Butler and KD to go to the Clippers, with him. (But I can't be sure that's not just sour grapes speculation by Lakers writers).

Yeah, Kawhi played them. But I think the Lakers did pretty well with their Plan B.

Comment

I don't know what he would have done if the Clippers hadn't gotten the PG trade done. Lakers seemed to think he was going to be a Laker, and to be fair, he'd publicly stated previously that he wanted to be traded to the Lakers. Reportedly, he tried (and failed) to convince both Butler and KD to go to the Clippers, with him. (But I can't be sure that's not just sour grapes speculation by Lakers writers).

Yeah, Kawhi played them. But I think the Lakers did pretty well with their Plan B.
                            He would have signed a short term deal with Toronto, two year contract or three with an option to opt out after two years. It doesn't appear as if he wants to be part of the Lakers' circus.
                            Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• imo, he "played" and hurt toronto the most. the clippers with durant/butler/PG13 were always what he wanted. toronto was always the plan B if he couldn't get another star to join him. by the time he announced his decision, all of the good free agents were history, leaving toronto hanging with no off-season improvements. All toronto did this off-season was lose Kawhi and Danny Green. the lakers, otoh are left with LeBron James and Anthony Davis and were still able to get their top non-Kawhi target in Danny Green.
                              I'm like LeBron James.
                              -mpfunk

Comment

• "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                                -Turtle
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X