No announcement yet.

Lakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First paulplayoffgeorge resigns AND NOW LeBron signs with the Lakers? It's as if the jazz aren't even trying for free agents.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
      Cap space to land another big name next off season. The play is not for this year, but the next 3 after that, IMO. Also, Kuzma is a more complete wing than anyone on the Cavs last year, and Ball is a legit trip-dub threat on any given night. They definitely need a couple more pieces, but they are already nearly as talented as that Cavs team, and they have another 50 million to spend. The trick is going to be to avoid the inclination to spend it all now to win this year.
      This is correct. If they can’t get Kawhi this offseason, they’ll get him either before the trade deadline (likely) or after the season. With Kawhi, the Lakers could make a decent run this year, although they may be behind the warriors and rockets still.

With LeBron, things are setting up nicely for the 19-20 campaign. Throw in another max deal player and they will be good. I’m just praying Magic has no intentions of signing Carmelo
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
        Cap space to land another big name next off season. The play is not for this year, but the next 3 after that, IMO. Also, Kuzma is a more complete wing than anyone on the Cavs last year, and Ball is a legit trip-dub threat on any given night. They definitely need a couple more pieces, but they are already nearly as talented as that Cavs team, and they have another 50 million to spend. The trick is going to be to avoid the inclination to spend it all now to win this year.
        Ingram also took a big step forward. Just needs consistency. He is also only 7 weeks older than Ball. I'm hoping Kuzma can turn into Klay. At least a poor man's version of him. Keeping this young core together is important. Not just for their potential, but because they are cheap right now. If Magic and Pelinka are to be believed they won't mortgage their future for now. We'll see.
        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
        -Turtle
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
          Ingram also took a big step forward. Just needs consistency. He is also only 7 weeks older than Ball. I'm hoping Kuzma can turn into Klay. At least a poor man's version of him. Keeping this young core together is important. Not just for their potential, but because they are cheap right now. If Magic and Pelinka are to be believed they won't mortgage their future for now. We'll see.
          Remember when we argued about Kuzma being a better recruit for the Utes than Brekkott Chapman. I am rarely right, but I was sure right about that one.

Originally posted by Surfah
          Brekkot Chapman is way better than this Kusma kid I have never heard of. I just watched a highlight and he has an ugly jumper. He shoots with two hands like Shawn Marion.
          http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...=1#post1016760
          Last edited by MartyFunkhouser; 07-02-2018, 10:45 AM.
          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
            I think we’ll see players like Ingram and Kuzma improve a bit more this year with LeBron taking all the attention. I also look forward to Zo and LeBron playing together but if LeBron is playing the point in the late fourth quarter I wonder if they’ll put Zo on the bench because of his crappy shooting ability.
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
              Remember when we argued about Kuzma being a better recruit for the Utes than Brekkott Chapman. I am rarely right, but I was sure right about that one.

You were right. I'll take that L gladly. I'm glad we didn't miss on Chapman now.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                I think we’ll see players like Ingram and Kuzma improve a bit more this year with LeBron taking all the attention. I also look forward to Zo and LeBron playing together but if LeBron is playing the point in the late fourth quarter I wonder if they’ll put Zo on the bench because of his crappy shooting ability.
                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post

turned out ok for shawn marion
                  Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• They are going to be left with a whole lot of nothing when Kawhi signs with the lakers asa free agent

Comment

They are going to be left with a whole lot of nothing when Kawhi signs with the lakers asa free agent
                      or they’ll move him to boston or philly.
                      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                        or they’ll move him to boston or philly.
                        They can have him with that package.

Comment

• Someone should reach out to Triplet in the spirit world and tell him that his avatar needs changing.
                          Get confident, stupid
                          -landpoke

Comment

• Lakers

That whole twitter thread is solid gold

Comment

That whole twitter thread is solid gold
                              Hilarious. I laughed a lot reading that.
                              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• It’s happening

Comment

Working...
                                X