If you are over weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amiraL View Post
    i totally avoid fast food, and try to weak early in the morning, and take some exercise not in home i always try to running at least 2 hours and love to cycling.
    I, also, sometimes feel weak early in the morning.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
      But do you TRY to do so, like amiraL or does it just happen naturally, like with me?
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by amiraL View Post
        i totally avoid fast food, and try to weak early in the morning, and take some exercise not in home i always try to running at least 2 hours and love to cycling.
        REspect!

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
          You need to hit the trade mile for a couple of hours.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
            But do you TRY to do so, like amiraL or does it just happen naturally, like with me?
            I'm such a natural at being weak, I don't even have to try.

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
            You need to hit the trade mile for a couple of hours.
            I would, but I always forget which of the miles is for trade.
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
              Well, I didn't really quote it accurately. He was actually a very bright guy. His real point was that there was no evidence that high levels of exercise would extend your life span beyond what simply living a normal but healthy lifestyle would provide.
              I wonder if high levels of exercise -- like running marathons and doing triathlons -- actually does the reverse. It's an anecdote, sure, but there's pretty decent longevity in my mom's family and it wouldn't surprise me at all if my mom lives to 95, but her youngest sibling died at the age of 60 while out running. He had been running marathons for over 25 years, ran in the Boston marathon, etc. He had a very successful dental practice in one of the wealthiest places in the US, not far from where I hope Donald Trump transports the Honduras caravan right after they're greeted with open arms at the border. He had a low stress career and was overall a relaxed person
              Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                I wonder if high levels of exercise -- like running marathons and doing triathlons -- actually does the reverse. It's an anecdote, sure, but there's pretty decent longevity in my mom's family and it wouldn't surprise me at all if my mom lives to 95, but her youngest sibling died at the age of 60 while out running. He had been running marathons for over 25 years, ran in the Boston marathon, etc. He had a very successful dental practice in one of the wealthiest places in the US, not far from where I hope Donald Trump transports the Honduras caravan right after they're greeted with open arms at the border. He had a low stress career and was overall a relaxed person
                I do think you can over-exercise/train and cause more stress than good.

On the other hand - I am MUCH better about exercising when I'm training for a marathon or triathlon. If there isn't a race I'm preparing for, it's much too easy to hit the snooze some mornings. When there is a race, I know I have to be ready for it, so I'll get out of bed. Even if I don't want to. So, I guess I'm saying to a certain degree those kinds of things overall benefit me more than harm me. I've also noticed when I'm training for something and exercising I tend to eat better. I've lost about 16 lbs in the last month or so because of this.

I also think you have to be careful when you just say "triathlon". While a marathon is one distance (in spite of several people I've talked to who wanted to know how long the marathon is I ran, and if it was a 5K marathon like theirs...) triathlons can be multiple distances. I'd say that people preparing for a sprint distance triathlon are very unlikely to over-stress themselves training (750 Meter swim, 12.5 mile bike, 5K run). The distances just aren't that great. Even if you double them by going Olympic distance - it's still pretty manageable as far as training and race day - much less stressful than a marathon. It's when you get into half iron-man and iron-man distances that you have to be more aware.

Comment

Working...
                X