Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you are over weight

I will always be fat because of beer. I'd just rather live a happy shorter life than a longer miserable life.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
    I will always be fat because of beer. I'd just rather live a happy shorter life than a longer miserable life.
    How much shorter are you willing to go?
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

As Dean Edell used to say, There is no evidence whatsoever that doing anything to be healthier or fitter actually extends your life.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

False dichotomy! You can be very happy without beer.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    As Dean Edell used to say, There is no evidence whatsoever that doing anything to be healthier or fitter actually extends your life.
    Ha. That statement is total BS.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    False dichotomy! You can be very happy without beer.
    I don't think that statement is true at all. I'm not sure how I could possibly be happy without beer. I haven't even tried a Brut IPA yet. I haven't even fully experienced life yet.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.

I don't think that statement is true at all. I'm not sure how I could possibly be happy without beer. I haven't even tried a Brut IPA yet. I haven't even fully experienced life yet.
    Have you tried man on man sex yet? Lots of life out there for you to experience, you'd better get going.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Ha. That statement is total BS.
    Well, I didn't really quote it accurately. He was actually a very bright guy. His real point was that there was no evidence that high levels of exercise would extend your life span beyond what simply living a normal but healthy lifestyle would provide.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    Well, I didn't really quote it accurately. He was actually a very bright guy. His real point was that there was no evidence that high levels of exercise would extend your life span beyond what simply living a normal but healthy lifestyle would provide.
    Oh. Yeah, that is way different.

I used to listen to that guy's radio program. He was cool.

I'll always be fat because I don't care. I figure as long as I get my kids to a point they can take care of themselves, any additional years are gravy. Besides I hear just as much about heart attacks to guys my age who are in great shape as I do fatsos like me.

Probably because skinny guy heart attacks are more newsworthy than fat guy heart attacks.
    “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by Copelius View Post
    I'll always be fat because I don't care. I figure as long as I get my kids to a point they can take care of themselves, any additional years are gravy. Besides I hear just as much about heart attacks to guys my age who are in great shape as I do fatsos like me.

Probably because skinny guy heart attacks are more newsworthy than fat guy heart attacks.
    See, e.g., Jim Fixx
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Have you tried man on man sex yet? Lots of life out there for you to experience, you'd better get going.
    I'm saving that experience for Paul Rudd.
    --SeattleUte

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    Reminds me of some of the meats I smoke.
    A sugar-less existence means you can't apply a brown-sugar based rub to ribs. That makes me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by LVAllen View Post
    A sugar-less existence means you can't apply a brown-sugar based rub to ribs. That makes me sad.
    That's actually a point of contention with the missus. She thinks sweetness has no place with meats. I too am sad.

Quote Originally Posted by LVAllen View Post
    Hey, come on. I am an anti-sugar disciple now, but even I am not that crazy.

Hey, come on. I am an anti-sugar disciple now, but even I am not that crazy.
    You are anti-sugar (which certainly makes sense) but you are pro-aspartame?
    --SeattleUte

You are anti-sugar (which certainly makes sense) but you are pro-aspartame?
    Lol. Funk giving out nutrition advice.

Lol. Funk giving out nutrition advice.
    I'm not giving out nutrition advice, I'm legitimately confused. I'm an unhealthy fat guy that loves beer. I'm not in the position to give anyone health advise.
    --SeattleUte

I'm not giving out nutrition advice, I'm legitimately confused. I'm an unhealthy fat guy that loves beer. I'm not in the position to give anyone health advise.
    Fair enough.

Let me help you out: sugar is 100x worse for your health than aspartame.

Fair enough.

Let me help you out: sugar is 100x worse for your health than aspartame.
    That's a conveniently round number.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    That's a conveniently round number.
    Plus it's algebra, so kudos to you for understanding what it means.

"I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

JL reads one book on insulin resistance and he’s now the board expert on nutrition. Sounds about right.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    JL reads one book on insulin resistance and he’s now the board expert on nutrition. Sounds about right.
    Good call, eddie jones. Yes indeed, until I read that book I had no idea that sugar was bad for me. This is nutritional rocket science!

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

Due in part to the Plagues of Prosperity forum address, the Dude's review of The Obesity Code (which is now first in my reading queue and I'll begin reading tomorrow), and general concern about what I now realize were issues with insulin (for over 40 years I've had what the docs have described as reactive hypoglycemia, although no course of action was ever suggested), I've been on a kind of sugar fast the past three weeks. I've eaten fairly normally, but I've temporarily given up ice cream, M&M peanuts, and chocolate chip cookies, of which I've partaken pretty much daily, often in embarrassingly large quantities, and no late evening snacks. Even with that small sacrifice, I've dropped somewhere around six pounds and feel better during the day. I'm sold.

BTW, I may finally fix the thread title that's been a mild nuisance lo these many years. It makes me think things like, "I used to worry about putting on pounds, but not anymore, I'm so over weight."

Good call, eddie jones. Yes indeed, until I read that book I had no idea that sugar was bad for me. This is nutritional rocket science!
    Lighten up Francis. It wasn’t a dig at you. It was making fun of all the experts on this board, of which I’m a bigger abuser than most.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    Lighten up Francis. It wasn’t a dig at you. It was making fun of all the experts on this board, of which I’m a bigger abuser than most.

Plus you should have said, "Eddie Jones! Shut up!" as you rub your fancy engineer math (algebra) in our faces.

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    Due in part to the Plagues of Prosperity forum address, the Dude's review of The Obesity Code (which is now first in my reading queue and I'll begin reading tomorrow), and general concern about what I now realize were issues with insulin (for over 40 years I've had what the docs have described as reactive hypoglycemia, although no course of action was ever suggested), I've been on a kind of sugar fast the past three weeks. I've eaten fairly normally, but I've temporarily given up ice cream, M&M peanuts, and chocolate chip cookies, of which I've partaken pretty much daily, often in embarrassingly large quantities, and no late evening snacks. Even with that small sacrifice, I've dropped somewhere around six pounds and feel better during the day. I'm sold.

BTW, I may finally fix the thread title that's been a mild nuisance lo these many years. It makes me think things like, "I used to worry about putting on pounds, but not anymore, I'm so over weight."
    Just downloaded the book off of Audible. Looking forward to listening to it.