If you are over weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Hey, come on. I am an anti-sugar disciple now, but even I am not that crazy.
    You are anti-sugar (which certainly makes sense) but you are pro-aspartame? :crazy:
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
      You are anti-sugar (which certainly makes sense) but you are pro-aspartame? :crazy:
      Lol. Funk giving out nutrition advice.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Lol. Funk giving out nutrition advice.
        I'm not giving out nutrition advice, I'm legitimately confused. I'm an unhealthy fat guy that loves beer. I'm not in the position to give anyone health advise.
        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
          I'm not giving out nutrition advice, I'm legitimately confused. I'm an unhealthy fat guy that loves beer. I'm not in the position to give anyone health advise.
          Fair enough.

Let me help you out: sugar is 100x worse for your health than aspartame.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Fair enough.

Let me help you out: sugar is 100x worse for your health than aspartame.
            That's a conveniently round number.
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
              That's a conveniently round number.
              Plus it's algebra, so kudos to you for understanding what it means.

Comment

"I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

JL reads one book on insulin resistance and he’s now the board expert on nutrition. Sounds about right.
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                    JL reads one book on insulin resistance and he’s now the board expert on nutrition. Sounds about right.
                    Good call, eddie jones. Yes indeed, until I read that book I had no idea that sugar was bad for me. This is nutritional rocket science!

Comment

Due in part to the Plagues of Prosperity forum address, the Dude's review of The Obesity Code (which is now first in my reading queue and I'll begin reading tomorrow), and general concern about what I now realize were issues with insulin (for over 40 years I've had what the docs have described as reactive hypoglycemia, although no course of action was ever suggested), I've been on a kind of sugar fast the past three weeks. I've eaten fairly normally, but I've temporarily given up ice cream, M&M peanuts, and chocolate chip cookies, of which I've partaken pretty much daily, often in embarrassingly large quantities, and no late evening snacks. Even with that small sacrifice, I've dropped somewhere around six pounds and feel better during the day. I'm sold.

BTW, I may finally fix the thread title that's been a mild nuisance lo these many years. It makes me think things like, "I used to worry about putting on pounds, but not anymore, I'm so over weight."

Comment

Good call, eddie jones. Yes indeed, until I read that book I had no idea that sugar was bad for me. This is nutritional rocket science!
                        Lighten up Francis. It wasn’t a dig at you. It was making fun of all the experts on this board, of which I’m a bigger abuser than most.
                        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                          Lighten up Francis. It wasn’t a dig at you. It was making fun of all the experts on this board, of which I’m a bigger abuser than most.

Comment

Plus you should have said, "Eddie Jones! Shut up!" as you rub your fancy engineer math (algebra) in our faces.

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                              Due in part to the Plagues of Prosperity forum address, the Dude's review of The Obesity Code (which is now first in my reading queue and I'll begin reading tomorrow), and general concern about what I now realize were issues with insulin (for over 40 years I've had what the docs have described as reactive hypoglycemia, although no course of action was ever suggested), I've been on a kind of sugar fast the past three weeks. I've eaten fairly normally, but I've temporarily given up ice cream, M&M peanuts, and chocolate chip cookies, of which I've partaken pretty much daily, often in embarrassingly large quantities, and no late evening snacks. Even with that small sacrifice, I've dropped somewhere around six pounds and feel better during the day. I'm sold.

BTW, I may finally fix the thread title that's been a mild nuisance lo these many years. It makes me think things like, "I used to worry about putting on pounds, but not anymore, I'm so over weight."
                              Just downloaded the book off of Audible. Looking forward to listening to it.

Comment

i totally avoid fast food, and try to weak early in the morning, and take some exercise not in home i always try to running at least 2 hours and love to cycling.

Comment

Working...
                                X