If you are over weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you are over weight

Please change yourself today, dont wait until you get diabetes or a heart condition to make you want to change..

I waited until its too late and now I am hurting and struggling to stay out of pain every day.

Don't wait, but also don't give up. It's never too late as long as you have a heartbeat.

You can control diabetes with diet and exercise and reverse some of its effect.

I have 2 uncles that have diabetes. The one watched his diet and exercise and has had a great life.

The other didn't and has had trouble with his health. There have been times that he has tried to do things right, though. A few years ago he and his wife rode their bikes across Canada. It made for a remarkable improvement. His insulin levels were better and his health improved dramatically. He had been doing better off and on since then and this last summer he set out to ride across the country in the other direction. Unfortunately a few days into the excursion he had a stroke. He has has more strokes since then but is recovering.

Seeing these 2 has been good for me to see what a difference managing your lifestyle makes.

Comment

Originally posted by beefytee View Post
      Don't wait, but also don't give up. It's never too late as long as you have a heartbeat.

You can control diabetes with diet and exercise and reverse some of its effect.

I have 2 uncles that have diabetes. The one watched his diet and exercise and has had a great life.

The other didn't and has had trouble with his health. There have been times that he has tried to do things right, though. A few years ago he and his wife rode their bikes across Canada. It made for a remarkable improvement. His insulin levels were better and his health improved dramatically. He had been doing better off and on since then and this last summer he set out to ride across the country in the other direction. Unfortunately a few days into the excursion he had a stroke. He has has more strokes since then but is recovering.

Seeing these 2 has been good for me to see what a difference managing your lifestyle makes.
      I am one of those - It took about 2 yrs after diagnosis with diabetes, but I am now completely off of meds and religiously walk (everyday) I also lost about 130 lbs ( however I put about 30 back on and am now working to get it back off)
      Now I really wish I had taken it seriously earlier

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

95% of morbidly obese people who attempt to achieve significant weight loss by diet and exercise alone will fail. Mainly because they cannot maintain a healthy lifestyle after losing weight (most don't even make it that far).

Of course, morbid obesity is a surgical disease, with stunningly good responses to hypertension and diabetes after bariatric surgery. I've seen people on twenty meds go down to two. I've seen insulin dependent diabetics not only get off insulin, but get off diabetes meds all together.

While there are certainly issues with any surgical procedures (rearranging your internal plumbing is anything but benign), bariatric surgery can get a person healthy.
        Last edited by San Juan Sun; 02-09-2012, 03:09 PM.
        "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

Sorry about your pain and challenges, Buckaroo. About 20 years ago there was a big guy in my ward (big in height and girth) who was diagnosed with diabetes. He was probably 60-ish or so at the time. He went on a diet and exercise plan and a year or so later had really slimmed down and was no longer diabetic. He was even able to climb to the top of Timpanogos. I still see him around, and he's kept the weight off pretty well. Good luck to all those who struggle with that kind of thing.

Comment

Here's a very interesting story on Jared Lorenzen, former Kentucky QB, and his battle with weight. The reporter is also someone who weighs over 400, which provides an interesting perspective on the issue. As someone who frequently looks at my 300+ lb dad and wonders how much longer he'll defy the odds, I found this very interesting:

Most people have something in their lives that they can't beat back with willpower alone. But when you're fat, your problem is obvious to the world. And here's one difference between having a problem with food and having one with cigarettes or booze or drugs: You can't quit cold turkey. You have to eat something.

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/stor...-battle-weight
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Jenna Jameson slams fat shamers after she's ridiculed for weight gain.

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post

don't let napper see this, it might be the last straw
                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

im not overweight.
                  Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by US Magazine
                    “Posting this to all you fat shamers...Yes, I gained weight, reasons that are personal...But attacking someone over their weight is really petty, I pride myself in being a well rounded human being...Thick or thin,” wrote the former Playboy model
                    Looks like she got an expungement.
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                      im not overweight.
                      You are under-tall.
                      "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

I can get over the fat, but what did she do to her face?

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                          Fat injections
                          "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Come on. It not so much what she did to her face as much as what others did to her face.
                            I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

It was for personal reasons!!!
                              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Working...
                              X