What are you watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you watching?

I was going to go for a British only theme, but occasionally someone on this side of the Atlantic makes something good as well.

So, in the past week I have enjoyed "the increasingly poor decisions of todd margaret". David Cross and Will Arnett are great in this. Also Blake Harrison, from my favorite show ever, The Inbetweeners, is pretty funny in this.

The opening sequence of Portlandia was good this week. Episode 2 of this season was the best so far.

The wife and I have started watching, The Worst Week of My Life. British and on netflix streaming. So funny. My wife's favorite show at the moment and we are only on season 2.

Thanks for the suggestion for 'Worst Week of my Life'. I really liked Sarah Alexander on Coupling, so I added this to my Netflix queue.

My wife and I just finished 'United States of Tara'. It was a very quirky, somewhat raunchy, occasionally disjointed and scattered, but ultimately redeeming series. I have been a big fan of Toni Collette ever since she gained, and then lost, 70# for Muriel's Wedding.

I (sometimes) miss having DirecTV because I no longer have IFN, so I can't watch 'Portlandia' and 'Todd Margaret'. I lost interest in Portlandia about halfway through the 3rd episode last year, but Todd Margaret was pretty funny. I see that it is on Netflix now. David Cross makes me feel nervous.

I really got into 'Peep Show'. David Mitchell and Robert Webb are hilarious, and highly original. I also enjoy 'The IT Crowd'.

The other shows I enjoy, Archer and Californication, are not quite as enjoyable this season.

These shows are serving as placeholders until Mad Men and Game of Thrones start up again...

Comment

The League is pretty dope, also um... I'm watching Rome- that HBO series, via netflix delivery (which is hanging by a thread with me btw).

I'm also very into Portlandia right now and catch fallon and the Daily Show on hulu+ when I can.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post

really got into 'Peep Show'. David Mitchell and Robert Webb are hilarious, and highly original.
        Have had this on the queue for a while, may have to move it up in line.

I also enjoy 'The IT Crowd'.
        Great show, one of my top 5, though I don't really have a top 5.

Originally posted by Commando View Post
        The League is pretty dope, also um... I'm watching Rome- that HBO series, via netflix delivery (which is hanging by a thread with me btw).
        The League is awesome, and so wrong.

Comment

I'm hooked on Frontline
          "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
          "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
          "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

The Jazz gamecast on my computer.
            So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

battlestar galactica, the updated series.
              Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
              God forgives many things for an act of mercy
              Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
                battlestar galactica, the updated series.
                And Caprica. I enjoy that series.

Season 3, episode 10 of The League featured Eliza Dushku as the smoking hawtt Krav Maga instructor. Good stuff! +

Comment

And Caprica. I enjoy that series.

Season 3, episode 10 of The League featured Eliza Dushku as the smoking hawtt Krav Maga instructor. Good stuff! +
                  I finished Caprica last week and loved it. Alessandra Torresani definitely makes the list.
                  Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                  God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                  Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Portlandia is hit and miss, but I really like it. Season one had some solid episodes. "Missing Mayor" had me laughing my head off. So did the Aimee Mann episode. The opening sequence of Missing Mayor that has the hipsters one upping each other about all the stuff they have read...classic. "did you read the skywriting over the willamette river?....."
                    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Peep show is great. F bombs a plenty, but it's British, so...not so bad, right?

Wasn't there a 'streaming on Netflix' thread somewhere? For some reason, I can't find it.
                      At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                      -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Just finished the rebroadcast of the BBC's Sherlock. Only 3 90 minute episodes putting a modern face on the 19th century detective. I'm looking forward to season 2 which starts in May.
                        "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Originally posted by hostile View Post
                          Just finished the rebroadcast of the BBC's Sherlock. Only 3 90 minute episodes putting a modern face on the 19th century detective. I'm looking forward to season 2 which starts in May.
                          I've heard this a bunch now. I will have to check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by hostile View Post
                            Okay where did you see it? Doesn't come to BBC America until May.

Comment

Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                              Okay where did you see it? Doesn't come to BBC America until May.
                              All three episodes stream on Netflix.

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Sh...?trkid=2361637

They originally aired on PBS.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                              X