No announcement yet.

The PGA Tour Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you frame the hunski or got out to dinner?

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
      He spent it on beer already.

Comment

I'm sure it's going on his wall. The golfers all signed it for him.
        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
        -Turtle
        sigpic

Comment

USA uniforms pretty ho hum, IMO. I thought the Olympic unis were much better looking (even a self-proclaimed adidiaphobe volunteered to me how much he loved the Olympic unis). I do like the trend of putting USA lettering in the company's font. I think RLX did this last Ryder cup, and Adidas continued with the Olympic designs. And I appreciate somebody realizing that Ralph Lauren hats suck, and thus contracting the Ryder Cup hats to New Era.

2016 Rio Olympics:

2016 Ryder Cup:
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
            USA uniforms pretty ho hum, IMO. I thought the Olympic unis were much better looking (even a self-proclaimed adidiaphobe volunteered to me how much he loved the Olympic unis). I do like the trend of putting USA lettering in the company's font. I think RLX did this last Ryder cup, and Adidas continued with the Olympic designs. And I appreciate somebody realizing that Ralph Lauren hats suck, and thus contracting the Ryder Cup hats to New Era.

2016 Rio Olympics:

2016 Ryder Cup:
            Better, but not great. I didn't realize that NE was making them. When I first saw them, they looked like a cap you would order from one of those screen printing/embroidery catalogs to put your company logo. All Port Authority and Cutter & Buck offerings.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

What in the hell happened to Hunter Mahan? He used to be contending all of the time a few years ago. Before Spieth, he was the biggest name in Under Armor's stable and a big Ping tour player.

I haven't seen him at all on tour this year, so I looked up his results in 2016. Yeesh. 19 starts, 12 missed cuts. Best finish was T43.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

The PGA Tour Thread

Lee Westwood missed three short putts down the stretch of his afternoon match. The last one was a 2 footer to halve the match. Missed it by two inches. Yikes.
                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Damn... that was good stuff.

Comment

Yeah, that was fun. That Rory/Reed matchup was amazing, as was the Phil/Sergio match.

Comment

Damn... that was good stuff.
                      Way better than conference. That back and forth between Reed and McIlroy on the 8th hole was incredible.

Comment

Phil and Sergio each shooting 63 to half the game - incredible. Phil with 10 birdies and Sergio with 9 and the kept pouring them on each other. Phil needed that round after the hubris he's been kicking around with the Ryder Cup. It was a little surprising that NBC (Dan Hicks) made a solid point that even though DLIII was the Captain, it was Phil who was the "puppetmaster" behind the scenes.

Comment

Phil and Sergio each shooting 63 to half the game - incredible. Phil with 10 birdies and Sergio with 9 and the kept pouring them on each other. Phil needed that round after the hubris he's been kicking around with the Ryder Cup. It was a little surprising that NBC (Dan Hicks) made a solid point that even though DLIII was the Captain, it was Phil who was the "puppetmaster" behind the scenes.
                          They were both disappointed with the tie. Three years ago who would have guessed Patrick Reed would be the strength of the U.S. Ryder Cup team.

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                            They were both disappointed with the tie.
                            I was expecting them both to be like "I gave it a hell of a shot. It was great just to be part of that, and I'm glad to come out with a half point." Instead, they both seemed genuinely pissed. Shows their competitiveness and how much they care. Very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                              They were both disappointed with the tie. Three years ago who would have guessed Patrick Reed would be the strength of the U.S. Ryder Cup team.
                              13 months ago, after Spieth won two majors and contended in the other two, who would have guessed he would essentially be a no-show at the Ryder Cup? He won 2 alternate shot matches, with Reed doing the majority of the heavy lifting. He looked out of sorts vs Stenson, never really threatening to take control after the first few holes. Supposedly he injured his hand high-diving Reed late on Saturday, but that doesn't explain his crap-show in the prior 3 rounds.

Comment

Maybe Reed will start showing up at the majors. He's got a good game - but it seems to leave him more often than some of the other guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X