No announcement yet.

The PGA Tour Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dufner catching a lot of flack for dropping his putter after at bad hole. Not throwing it, not damaging the putting surface. Just letting it drop as he walks away from the cup. Some in the media are overreacting, IMO.

Starting the final round with a one-shot lead, Dufner struggled. After missing a 7-foot par putt on the par-5 sixth hole – which he had eagled a day earlier – he tapped in the 2-foot bogey putt, dropped his putter onto the green and walked away, leaving caddie Kevin Baile to clean up the mess.

Twitter respondents called Dufner’s behavior disgusting.

I’d go further and say it’s despicable.

Golf is a game of honor and integrity. Dufner’s actions were the opposite of those characteristics.
    http://www.morningread.com/features/...d-d570a577c0ea

Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

shockingly, the response is different when rory throws a 9i in the water
      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Lucas Glover's wife wasn't happy that he didn't make the cut at the Players last weekend.

The wife of former U.S. Open champion Lucas Glover is facing a domestic violence charge stemming from an altercation with Glover and his mother after he missed the 54-hole cut at The Players Championship.
        Krista Glover was arrested Saturday night and taken to the St. John's County Jail. She was released the next day after posting $2,500 in bonds.

According to the offense report, Glover and his wife were having an altercation after the third round of The Players Championship, where Glover shot 78. The report said that when his mother, Hershey Glover, tried to intervene, Krista Glover began attacking her.

The arresting officer noticed cuts and blood on the arms and clothing of Glover's mother. Hershey Glover also told the deputy she had been hit in the chest.

According to the report, Lucas Glover told deputies his wife gets angry when he plays poorly in a tournament, CBS affiliate WJAX-TV reports. Krista Glover called her husband a "loser," the report said, after drinking all day.

"When the [PGA] Tour hears about this, you will lose your job," Krista Glover told deputies, according to WJAX-TV, citing the report. "Wait til I talk to the judge ... you will be (expletive) fired."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/krista-...-champion-mom/
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
          Lucas Glover's wife wasn't happy that he didn't make the cut at the Players last weekend.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/krista-...-champion-mom/
          Behind every great man...
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Looks like Tiger vs. Phil is finally going to happen. $10M purse, Shadow Creek the likely venue. Got to be sometime in October, if I'm guessing.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Looks like Tiger vs. Phil is finally going to happen. $10M purse, Shadow Creek the likely venue. Got to be sometime in October, if I'm guessing.
              This has a Pacquiao v. Mayweather feel to it now. 10 years too late.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                one round of 18? Nassau?
                Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                  Still going to be a huge draw. And I'm still stoked to see it.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Sneds open with a Bogey at the Wyndham, and then goes 12 under on the next 17 holes, notching his membership in the 59 club.
                    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                      Sneds open with a Bogey at the Wyndham, and then goes 12 under on the next 17 holes, notching his membership in the 59 club.
                      Wyndham is one of his biggest sponsors. I'm not saying they stacked the deck for him, but they definitely tilted the greens to make the ball roll in the hole.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Tony Finau nabs the last Ryder Cup spot. Well-deserved, imo.

https://www.rydercup.com/news-media/...ryder-cup-team

In Finau, who turns 29 on Sept. 14, Furyk added a powerful young player who has been in strong form during the PGA Tour’s FedEx Cup Playoffs. Finau has 11 top-10 finishes this season, most on the PGA Tour.

“I’ve still got goosebumps,” Finau said after tying for eighth at the BMW Championship and receiving a phone call from the U.S. Captain. “I’m just ecstatic. I don’t know if I can really put it into words. All the emotions that come with accomplishing something like that … man, it’s a dream come true for me. I got the goosebumps when he told me, and I’m excited to add my skills and talent to the team – a team that’s stacked already

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

love it.
                          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Tony Finau nabs the last Ryder Cup spot. Well-deserved, imo.

https://www.rydercup.com/news-media/...ryder-cup-team
                            Played with him a few times when he was coming up. He’s a cool dude. He’s crazy humble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            *Banned*

Comment

He's a great pick. You need birdies and he's a birdie machine.
                              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

Comment

he's been ridiculously consistent this year. well deserved.
                                I'm like LeBron James.
                                -mpfunk

Comment

Working...
                                X