No announcement yet.

The official ABT thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice. I like the idea of the water chestnuts.
    I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

Whipped up a batch of ABTs for the super bowl dinner. Haven't thrown them on the smoker yet, but they are ready to go.

Last time I ended up with WAY too much filling so I cut back a little on filling quantities this time. For future reference, I used:

1 package cream cheese
      ~1.5 C sharp cheddar
      3 green onions chopped

I skipped the sausage as I think the bacon provides plenty of that flavor. I filled 11 peppers and had enough filling left over that I could have done 14-15 without a problem. Also, the package of bacon had 15 slices and I found I could use 1/2 slice per pepper. So the above quantities would be just about right with 15 pepper and 1 lb sliced bacon.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

A couple of photos from yesterday. I cooked them at 300 degrees this time and they were done in about 40 minutes. I used more cheddar to give them a stronger flavor. Served with raspotle sauce. They were fantastic.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Made a few with habaneros last night to try. Deveined/seeded they were great, slightly hotter than jalapeƱos. Smaller obviously, I'm going to do more.
          Get confident, stupid
          -landpoke

Comment

I am doing ABTs for Thanksgiving. I've always used a sharp cheddar in my cream cheese mixture in the past. I noticed one or two here used smoked Gouda? How did that turn out? Any recommendations on cheese?
            Last edited by Clark Addison; 11-25-2014, 02:30 PM.

Comment

I like extra sharp cheddar because there are a lot of strong flavors with which to compete.

Also, try sliced water chestnuts in a few of them.
              "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

I'm doing ABTs, too. 50 jalaps. I'm using cheddar because we have a huge bag of it and have to use it. Sorry, all you fancy competing flavor profile people!
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X