A new Word of Wisdom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
    Umm, every single medical marijuana bill in the State of Utah has been swiftly killed by the LDS church. Just be honest and say, we don't support any form of marijuana use. The only reason that Proposition 2 is on the ballot is because each medical marijuana bill keeps getting killed.
    Knock it off. This bill is a joke. Just be honest and put straight legalization on the ballot.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Knock it off. This bill is a joke. Just be honest and put straight legalization on the ballot.
      It agree the proposition is a joke. I will also be voting yes on it. I agree let's be honest and just put legalization on the ballot. I'd also request that the LDS church be honest and stop pretending to support any medical marijuana.
      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

It agree the proposition is a joke. I will also be voting yes on it. I agree let's be honest and just put legalization on the ballot. I'd also request that the LDS church be honest and stop pretending to support any medical marijuana.
        Let’s be honest and admit you aren’t rational.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Whoops.

Leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints want the Utah Legislature to legalize medical marijuana in a special session by the end of 2018.

"We'd like to see it done this year, in a special session this year," said Marty Stephens, the church's director of community and governmental relations. "We'd like to see these people that have needs — truly medical needs — we'd like to see them be able to get access to these medications in an appropriate, safe manner."

But the church does not believe the medical marijuana initiative on November's ballot is the right way to make medical marijuana legal.
          https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...marijuana.html

Comment

This is basically the equivalent of if the LDS church came out tomorrow and said, it is cool if the gays marry.
            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

LOL at Funk for being wrong as usual.
              *Banned*

Comment

Not so fast, sez the Tribune:

Stephens said the church is making its call for speedy action now because “there’s been some confusion about what the church’s position was.”
                Last month as the church joined a coalition opposing Prop 2, Elder Jack N. Gerard, a general authority Seventy, said, “The church does not object to the medicinal use of marijuana if doctor-prescribed, in dosage form, through a licensed pharmacy.”
                However, none of the states that now allows medical marijuana meets the qualification of “doctor-prescribed, in dosage form, through a licensed pharmacy" because of federal law. Those states instead distribute through dispensaries to people with notes from medical professionals.
                https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics...-church-calls/
                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                  Probably a moot point. Polls show that prop 2 is very likely to pass, in spite of church opposition. 64% recently.

Comment

• The miraculous supposed benefits of marinuana for basically every single human condition continue to grow and are 99% imaginary.

Parents are convinced it will cure their kids’ seizures, cancer patients think chemo will be easy on it, narcotic addicts with chronic pain are convinced it will cure all that ails then.

It’s a classic reverse psychology situation: the government says I can’t have it so now I really want it. Oh yeah and it probably works for everything!

The main thing that frequent marijuana use does is make it difficult to stay skinny, motivated, and mentally organized. That’s it. Sorry people — it doesn’t have all these magical mythical benefits you think it does!

For the record it should be legal nationally because putting people in jail for marijuana use is ridiculous. Imprisoning people for using marijuana is truly a “treatment” that is worse than the disease.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                      The miraculous supposed benefits of marinuana for basically every single human condition continue to grow and are 99% imaginary.

Parents are convinced it will cure their kids’ seizures, cancer patients think chemo will be easy on it, narcotic addicts with chronic pain are convinced it will cure all that ails then.

It’s a classic reverse psychology situation: the government says I can’t have it so now I really want it. Oh yeah and it probably works for everything!

The main thing that frequent marijuana use does is make it difficult to stay skinny, motivated, and mentally organized. That’s it. Sorry people — it doesn’t have all these magical mythical benefits you think it does!

For the record it should be legal nationally because putting people in jail for marijuana use is ridiculous. Imprisoning people for using marijuana is truly a “treatment” that is worse than the disease.
                      YOU HEARTLESS BASTARD!

Comment

Probably a moot point. Polls show that prop 2 is very likely to pass, in spite of church opposition. 64% recently.
                        I hadn't seen that level of support. It should be interesting.

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                        The miraculous supposed benefits of marinuana for basically every single human condition continue to grow and are 99% imaginary.

Hate to argue by anecdote, but I personally know 2 people whose seizures were greatly reduced on marijuana. One a brain cancer patient, another pediatric epilepsy. Completely agree with you that the medicinal benefits of pot are over-exaggerated. But it does have its place. I would say south of 99%
                        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

I hadn't seen that level of support. It should be interesting.

Hate to argue by anecdote, but I personally know 2 people whose seizures were greatly reduced on marijuana. One a brain cancer patient, another pediatric epilepsy. Completely agree with you that the medicinal benefits of pot are over-exaggerated. But it does have its place. I would say south of 99%
                          You could find dozens of people in Utah whose seizures have improved with Doterra snake oil.

Show me a randomized trial! Seizures come and go for all kinds of reasons or no reason at all and people grasp at causative straws related to diet and other factors. It makes sense that stress relief and better sleep might help seizures but let’s not pretend it’s a medication — marijuana should legally be treated like alcohol. I bet increasing or starting alcohol intake would anecdotally help plenty of people with seizures as well.

Comment

You could find dozens of people in Utah whose seizures have improved with Doterra snake oil.

Show me a randomized trial! Seizures come and go for all kinds of reasons or no reason at all and people grasp at causative straws related to diet and other factors. It makes sense that stress relief and better sleep might help seizures but let’s not pretend it’s a medication — marijuana should legally be treated like alcohol. I bet increasing or starting alcohol intake would anecdotally help plenty of people with seizures as well.
                            So the first is an inoperable brain cancer. His seizures continued to escalate and became refractory to most medication. His driving license was taken away. He started marijuana, and the seizures stopped for a good year. Of course they returned, but he had a solid year of good life.

Something’s there, bro. It’s probably a generalized inhibitory effect on the CNS. I can’t point you to any randomized controlled trials. But it can help in certain well-defined scenarios.
                            - SeattleUte

Comment

Hate to argue by anecdote
                              I didn’t really believe this when I read it, but I thought I’d hear you out.
                              Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                              So the first is an inoperable brain cancer. His seizures continued to escalate and became refractory to most medication. His driving license was taken away. He started marijuana, and the seizures stopped for a good year. Of course they returned, but he had a solid year of good life.

Something’s there, bro. It’s probably a generalized inhibitory effect on the CNS. I can’t point you to any randomized controlled trials. But it can help in certain well-defined scenarios.
                              Turns out you apparently really like to argue by anecdote.
                              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

I manage all three without any marijuana.
                                “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

Working...
                                X