A new Word of Wisdom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
    Some of you lawyers could drive a truck through the difference between "coffee" and "coffee based products."
    My favorite coffee based product.

91LgCiB+vGL._SX522_.jpg
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
      How long will we be required to run? Minimum speed?
      What criteria do the life insurance companies use? Some (at least one is) are advertising a better rate if you can run an 8 minute mile or something like that?

If there's evidence of a difference in life expectancy for people who run an 8 minute mile - enough of a difference that a life insurance company is giving rate breaks - seems like that would be evidence of healthiness to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
        What criteria do the life insurance companies use? Some (at least one is) are advertising a better rate if you can run an 8 minute mile or something like that?

If there's evidence of a difference in life expectancy for people who run an 8 minute mile - enough of a difference that a life insurance company is giving rate breaks - seems like that would be evidence of healthiness to me.
        Law enforcement requirement is 1.5 miles in 15:37. Seems like a decent barometer.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
          Law enforcement requirement is 1.5 miles in 15:37. Seems like a decent barometer.
          to determine if someone is slow, it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
            15:37? why 37? What if it is 15:38 or 15:39?
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
              15:37? why 37? What if it is 15:38 or 15:39?
              I'm sure there were intensive studies finding that precise distance or time were the critical cut-off point. Or maybe it was just a capricious decision based on what some captain's son could manage one year.

https://post.utah.gov/prospective-of...ance-standard/

Davis County Sheriff's office rounds up to 16 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                How long will we be required to run? Minimum speed?
                I’m sure god would reveal it if the prophet would just ask. Maybe three laps around the church building? Of course, you’d have people then trying to get into wards with smaller buildings.
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                  to determine if someone is slow, it is.
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post

Definitely can't do that anymore.

Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
                    Might be able to manage that if I train for it a bit.
                    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• For Elders quorum we were teaching Dieters talk about strength of youth. Instructor discussing things in talk and said what about coffee. Someone that likes to talk said for us to decide. I never heard that. Talked about sleep and exercise, no one size fits us all approach. Said tobacco and alcohol bad. Wonder if he likes his coffee and was just rationalizing.

missionaries can’t baptize someone addicted to coffee, and you can’t go to temple if you drink it. Hot drinks not for body or belly. Joel Skousen in end of year lectures said many people are weary after running and faint after walking, Who called that fear mongering nutcase though. Said hi,e schooled kids had better mannerisms look you in eye, public school students don’t and railed on vaccines said not to get them. Said church leaders not inspired on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by grapevine View Post
                        For Elders quorum we were teaching Dieters talk about strength of youth. Instructor discussing things in talk and said what about coffee. Someone that likes to talk said for us to decide. I never heard that. Talked about sleep and exercise, no one size fits us all approach. Said tobacco and alcohol bad. Wonder if he likes his coffee and was just rationalizing.

missionaries can’t baptize someone addicted to coffee, and you can’t go to temple if you drink it. Hot drinks not for body or belly. Joel Skousen in end of year lectures said many people are weary after running and faint after walking, Who called that fear mongering nutcase though. Said hi,e schooled kids had better mannerisms look you in eye, public school students don’t and railed on vaccines said not to get them. Said church leaders not inspired on that.
                        Yeah, I've never heard coffee is up to you to decide, and I think I hold a pretty liberal view of the WoW.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post

Yeah, I've never heard coffee is up to you to decide, and I think I hold a pretty liberal view of the WoW.
                          I agree. But to be fair, that is the way it was practiced in the church for decades after the WoW was given. Including among church leadership.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

I agree. But to be fair, that is the way it was practiced in the church for decades after the WoW was given. Including among church leadership.
                            My grandmother told stories of her ward softball team going for beers after they won some tournament, on the Bishop.

Of course, that was in southern Utah, so....

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

And I have no qualms about eating a dessert made with some coffee in it. Or alcohol. I've made bananas foster with rum before. My Grandma Diddley used to keep a bottle of cooking wine in the cupboard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post

And I have no qualms about eating a dessert made with some coffee in it. Or alcohol. I've made bananas foster with rum before. My Grandma Diddley used to keep a bottle of cooking wine in the cupboard.
                                Sinner!
                                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                                X