A new Word of Wisdom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Copelius View Post
    I manage all three without any marijuana.
    Impressive. What's your secret?
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
      I didn’t really believe this when I read it, but I thought I’d hear you out.

Turns out you apparently really like to argue by anecdote.
      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

Comment

• I've got two sons. I love them both almost the same. One is a normal church going kid in his second year at JRCLS, married with a baby. The other is a dope feign and lives in my "basement." MJ has pretty much stolen my younger sons life from him. He's got one of the most brilliant minds I've ever known, and he's an idiot at the same time. He's 6'5" and 300 pounds of unbelievable strength, and is a dunking basketball player. He had BYU/OregonState/Oregon wanting his services for football. He was a legit pro prospect, and the voodoo weed stole his life from him. He claims he needs the weed to make his mind right, but it's evident to me that over the years weed has made his mind wrong. At 27, he's now 13 years into his addiction (he's tried but can't stop) and he's a barely functional human being. His goal is to become a professional gambler with a focus on the NBA. Is THC helping him with his bi-polar issues, or did THC cause his bi-polar issues? I think it exacerbated his problem to exponential proportions.

I'm sure like with most things MJ has a place somewhere in the world, but I sure as hell know it doesn't belong in our kids lives. It sucks the living out of them.

Just a personal everyday observation and opinion.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
        -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
          I've got two sons. I love them both almost the same. One is a normal church going kid in his second year at JRCLS, married with a baby. The other is a dope feign and lives in my "basement." MJ has pretty much stolen my younger sons life from him. He's got one of the most brilliant minds I've ever known, and he's an idiot at the same time. He's 6'5" and 300 pounds of unbelievable strength, and is a dunking basketball player. He had BYU/OregonState/Oregon wanting his services for football. He was a legit pro prospect, and the voodoo weed stole his life from him. He claims he needs the weed to make his mind right, but it's evident to me that over the years weed has made his mind wrong. At 27, he's now 13 years into his addiction (he's tried but can't stop) and he's a barely functional human being. His goal is to become a professional gambler with a focus on the NBA. Is THC helping him with his bi-polar issues, or did THC cause his bi-polar issues? I think it exacerbated his problem to exponential proportions.

I'm sure like with most things MJ has a place somewhere in the world, but I sure as hell know it doesn't belong in our kids lives. It sucks the living out of them.

Wow. Very sorry to hear that.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Copelius View Post
            I manage all three without any marijuana.
            I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
              I didn’t really believe this when I read it, but I thought I’d hear you out.

Turns out you apparently really like to argue by anecdote.

Comment

I've got two sons. I love them both almost the same. One is a normal church going kid in his second year at JRCLS, married with a baby. The other is a dope feign and lives in my "basement." MJ has pretty much stolen my younger sons life from him. He's got one of the most brilliant minds I've ever known, and he's an idiot at the same time. He's 6'5" and 300 pounds of unbelievable strength, and is a dunking basketball player. He had BYU/OregonState/Oregon wanting his services for football. He was a legit pro prospect, and the voodoo weed stole his life from him. He claims he needs the weed to make his mind right, but it's evident to me that over the years weed has made his mind wrong. At 27, he's now 13 years into his addiction (he's tried but can't stop) and he's a barely functional human being. His goal is to become a professional gambler with a focus on the NBA. Is THC helping him with his bi-polar issues, or did THC cause his bi-polar issues? I think it exacerbated his problem to exponential proportions.

I have a brother who is living in my parents' basement doing nothing. He used to work but has no desire. He'll you it's depression, but I blame the MJ he took up.

Comment

• Not hard to find anecdotes about marijuana stunting development. Kids should absolutely stay away from it.

Sorry to hear about your son and brother, Clack and Bo.
                  "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                  "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                  - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                    The miraculous supposed benefits of marinuana for basically every single human condition continue to grow and are 99% imaginary.

Parents are convinced it will cure their kids’ seizures, cancer patients think chemo will be easy on it, narcotic addicts with chronic pain are convinced it will cure all that ails then.

It’s a classic reverse psychology situation: the government says I can’t have it so now I really want it. Oh yeah and it probably works for everything!

The main thing that frequent marijuana use does is make it difficult to stay skinny, motivated, and mentally organized. That’s it. Sorry people — it doesn’t have all these magical mythical benefits you think it does!

For the record it should be legal nationally because putting people in jail for marijuana use is ridiculous. Imprisoning people for using marijuana is truly a “treatment” that is worse than the disease.
                    It will be nice when it becomes legal and we can have our kids smoke a bowl instead of being vaccinated.
                    *Banned*

Comment

Sad... I am sorry to hear this. Maybe Oregon, with their record high cannabis tax revenue, can use it to do some good with this problem.
                      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                        The miraculous supposed benefits of marinuana for basically every single human condition continue to grow and are 99% imaginary.

Parents are convinced it will cure their kids’ seizures, cancer patients think chemo will be easy on it, narcotic addicts with chronic pain are convinced it will cure all that ails then.

It’s a classic reverse psychology situation: the government says I can’t have it so now I really want it. Oh yeah and it probably works for everything!

The main thing that frequent marijuana use does is make it difficult to stay skinny, motivated, and mentally organized. That’s it. Sorry people — it doesn’t have all these magical mythical benefits you think it does!

For the record it should be legal nationally because putting people in jail for marijuana use is ridiculous. Imprisoning people for using marijuana is truly a “treatment” that is worse than the disease.
                        Yup. I posted pretty much the same on fb a few months ago:
                        m all for legalization. Incarceration for marijuana possession/use is a waste of money and resources, and prolongs cycles of poverty and racism.
                        But...
                        What seems to be percolating out of this debate is this mistaken notion that marijuana is either harmless or a cure all. There are like three things that cannabis demonstrably works for (and in all three, as an adjunct to, and not as well as, other therapies)--with everything else, you're taking an expensive placebo or just want to get high. That's fine, just own it. But be careful! It won't kill you, but it's not harmless either. Hyperemesis syndrome is real, as are the near psychoses we see with first time users who overdo edibles and are crawling up the walls. Yes, it's safer than tobacco or alcohol, but it still deserves respect.
                        On the other hand, it's been interesting watching the change in Vegas since recreational use was legalized. I don't have numbers on it, but I've noticed a huge drop in drug seekers coming into the ER. I don't know if it's treating people with legit pain but poor access to primary care, or if it's just giving them a different outlet to get high, but MJ is a much safer road than narcotics for either one, and they're not tying up ER beds, so cool. I do think it's effective for pain relief for some folks though. Another anecdote to add to the pile: I had a woman the other day who fell off a horse and injured her shoulder. Very stoic rancher type, to the point that I figured she had torn her rotator cuff by the time I examined her, but did the X ray just to be sure. Humeral fracture, that I just took through a full range of motion. So she can handle pain. She asked if she take an extra dose of her MJ that she had been taking nightly for her chronic back pain. Turns out, it had completely eliminated her need for pain meds, and she was not the type that was looking to get high. I had a similar patient yesterday--refused my offer of pain meds and said he'll just use his medical MJ.

So I'm a little torn. The Church is making a ridiculous pivot on this, but they do make some good points about driving safety in Colorado, things that should be looked at more closely. If medical MJ, recreational is coming close behind, like it has in every other state. I think we need some good public education campaigns on safety, some good stiff laws on driving, and some better field tests for law enforcement, but for a hundred other reasons, it should be legalized. Once it is, the over the top claims will start to fall away.
                        At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                        -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

• Vegas? do they come up to the Cedar ER? or are you in Vegas these days?
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                            Vegas? do they come up to the Cedar ER? or are you in Vegas these days?
                            Better vape stores in Vegas.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• In Oregon you'll be driving down a country road and all of a sudden you can smell pot.. you look over and you'll see a whole pot farm. 20 acres of pot plants. There's enough pot being grown in Oregon that they could provide for the whole country. Pot prices are down 80% off two years ago.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                              -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

In Oregon you'll be driving down a country road and all of a sudden you can smell pot.. you look over and you'll see a whole pot farm. 20 acres of pot plants. There's enough pot being grown in Oregon that they could provide for the whole country. Pot prices are down 80% off two years ago.
                                A couple years ago my wife was visiting home in Oregon with the kids during the summer. One of their family friends invited her and the kids over to swim in their pool. My wife accepted the invitation. Afterward, the friend said that because of her husband's medical condition her husband had some marijuana plants and hoped that my wife and kids wouldn't be offended. My wife said NBD, I'm sure the kids won't even notice. My wife thought that they might have a couple plants, big whoop. She gets to the house for the swim party and sent me a picture. The entire backyard was a farm. Lol. I wish I still had the picture. It made me curious what the husband's medical condition was.
                                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                                -Turtle
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X