Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Broken arm.

That was awesome. My wife made me go back so she could watch it. That is the athletic trainer her. Too bad they didn't have a camera on that side of the barrier.

Comment

• Well, there is a reason Argentina is currently ranked 1 in the world. They have outscored their opponents 18-2 this tournament.

Argentina Chile should be pretty good.

Comment

• i'm going to need a gif of this broken arm
        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
          i'm going to need a gif of this broken arm
          It was hidden. When he was laying there you could tell it was not good.

Comment

• Multiple angles of that Messi free kick. https://streamable.com/t5uw
            "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
              Multiple angles of that Messi free kick. https://streamable.com/t5uw
              Pretty good shot.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• That was disappointing but foreseeable.

Too bad the US had three starters out. Btw, why was Howard not in goal? The inclusion of the three would not have changed the outcome, but the score may have been less. The US has a ways to go, but everybody already knew that.
                "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                  That was disappointing but foreseeable.

Too bad the US had three starters out. Btw, why was Howard not in goal? The inclusion of the three would not have changed the outcome, but the score may have been less. The US has a ways to go, but everybody already knew that.
                  With Wood, Bedoya, and Jones we would have lost by two goals instead of four.

Howard hasn't played the whole tournament. He actually hasn't appeared in more than a handful of games for the US since last world cup and took about a year off from the team. He is getting up there in age and there really isn't a dropoff between he and Guzan anymore. In spite of Brad allowing himself to be frozen in no-man's land on the first goal last night, I am just as comfortable with him in net as Howard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                    With Wood, Bedoya, and Jones we would have lost by two goals instead of four.

Howard hasn't played the whole tournament. He actually hasn't appeared in more than a handful of games for the US since last world cup and took about a year off from the team. He is getting up there in age and there really isn't a dropoff between he and Guzan anymore. In spite of Brad allowing himself to be frozen in no-man's land on the first goal last night, I am just as comfortable with him in net as Howard.
                    Neither one of them is the keeper of our future.
                    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                      The gap in talent is shocking.
                      What's so shocking about it? Our best athletes aren't growing up trying to be the next Landon Donovan.
                      You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                      Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                      You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                        Neither one of them is the keeper of our future.
                        Howard certainly isn't. Guzan is not a top keeper like Howard or Friedel were for us but he does quite well and will be our keeper in Russia. If you are looking for a 25 year old keeper to take over for the next 3 world cup cycles, I don't know of one that is better than Guzan.

Argentina is not a good measuring stick for the Klinsmann project. No one is going to beat them this tournament, and few will play with them. Jurgen set an aggressive goal of making the semis and accomplished it. The third place match will be a better barometer for us. If we come back and beat Colombia with how they handled us in group play, I will be firmly seated on the Jurgen bandwagon again.

Comment

• Could we get better keepers if we didn't require them to be bald?

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                            What's so shocking about it? Our best athletes aren't growing up trying to be the next Landon Donovan.
                            For one thing, our population (318M) is over 7.5 times the population of Argentina (42M). We have more money, we are healthier as a country. Even if our best athletes are playing football and basketball, there should still be plenty left over to field a competitive team internationally.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                              Could we get better keepers if we didn't require them to be bald?
                              It has worked for Byu.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                                For one thing, our population (318M) is over 7.5 times the population of Argentina (42M). We have more money, we are healthier as a country. Even if our best athletes are playing football and basketball, there should still be plenty left over to field a competitive team internationally.
                                7.5x or 75x, it's a moot point. There is neither fame nor fortune in US Soccer and there never will be.
                                You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                                Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                                You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Working...
                                X