US Soccer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
    How do you find where to watch these games? I don't know enough about these teams to know if other nations have their best players at U-20 and U-23 already on their national teams or not.
    Quarterfinal vs. England Saturday 10:20am EDT. FS2 and Telemundo. Tim Weah is going to be a star. The prospect of him playing with Pulisic brightens my mood a bit. I expect him to be playing for the senior team by the time qualifying starts again.

Comment

• Donovan is considering running against Gulati.

Comment

• Hope Solo announces her candidacy.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• It's a real bummer the US team didn't make this World Cup. A huge opportunity to grow the popularity of the sport. But I saw a little but of the USMNT game yesterday (3-0 win against Bolivia) and it's kind of exciting the young talent we have. Pulisic is a known entity. But then we have three other teenagers that are making international waves: McKennie, Sargent, and Weah with Shalke, Bremen, and PSG. All three of those guys started the game yesterday and are expected to start making impact with their clubs in Europe, though Weah and Sargent could end up going out on loan.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
            It's a real bummer the US team didn't make this World Cup. A huge opportunity to grow the popularity of the sport. But I saw a little but of the USMNT game yesterday (3-0 win against Bolivia) and it's kind of exciting the young talent we have. Pulisic is a known entity. But then we have three other teenagers that are making international waves: McKennie, Sargent, and Weah with Shalke, Bremen, and PSG. All three of those guys started the game yesterday and are expected to start making impact with their clubs in Europe, though Weah and Sargent could end up going out on loan.
            Yeah I still believe the future is bright but not being in the finals is as bad of a sports gut punch as I have ever experienced. It is still upsetting to me and I wont be completely over it until qualifying starts again.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
              It's a real bummer the US team didn't make this World Cup. A huge opportunity to grow the popularity of the sport. But I saw a little but of the USMNT game yesterday (3-0 win against Bolivia) and it's kind of exciting the young talent we have. Pulisic is a known entity. But then we have three other teenagers that are making international waves: McKennie, Sargent, and Weah with Shalke, Bremen, and PSG. All three of those guys started the game yesterday and are expected to start making impact with their clubs in Europe, though Weah and Sargent could end up going out on loan.
              Pulisic only gets so many WC opportunities and the US blew one of them.
              One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

Woot

I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
              SU

Comment

• Originally posted by snowcat View Post
                Pulisic only gets so many WC opportunities and the US blew one of them.
                It is a travesty to lose as they did, bu this team was in disarray. There is some good up and coming talent, and a 23 year old Pulisic should be hungry and ready to command the stage.

I don't believe Russia will be that big a stage because of way Russia will run the WC. WC in Brazil makes sense. WC in Russia does not.
                "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Ha, up 1-nil at half in a friendly with France right before Les Bleus head for Russia.
                  Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Crud. Youngsters losing composure and France brings it even. Lots of France pressure on goal.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Well, the young guys held on for the tie. Not bad and good eperience for our youngsters.

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                        Well, the young guys held on for the tie. Not bad and good eperience for our youngsters.
                        I can't believe we didn't lose by 5+ when looking at those two lineups. Well done usa

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                          I can't believe we didn't lose by 5+ when looking at those two lineups. Well done usa
                          Not a bad a result. Hadn't heard of all but 1-2 of our USA footballers.

Comment

Not a bad a result. Hadn't heard of all but 1-2 of our USA footballers.
                            Outshot 18-2. Good defending, not much offense.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                              Outshot 18-2. Good defending, not much offense.
                              For sure. It was like that before the USA went up, but with a few runs. But after we scored, we went into turtle mode.

Comment

For sure. It was like that before the USA went up, but with a few runs. But after we scored, we went into turtle mode.
                                Better to salvage a tie than to lose trying to extend the plays.

Comment

Working...
                                X