US Soccer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EuropeanFootballMale View Post
    Historic win. Can't wait for the olympics.
    Well shit

Comment

Brazil >>>>>>>>>>> USA

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
        Brazil >>>>>>>>>>> USA
        Brazil >>>>> USA

Comment

Sheesh the us stinks.

This is the most mediocre seleção brasileira in three decades and they are having their way

Comment

Originally posted by Viking View Post
            Sheesh the us stinks.

This is the most mediocre seleção brasileira in three decades and they are having their way
            Despite the score, USA played quite well in the second half. They were very unlucky not to get at least 2 goals in the 2nd half. Rafael was amazing in goal. Really had some incredible saves. The crossbar was mean to both teams and the USA missed an incredible easy open net opportunity too. That was an awful miss.

Comment

Women play at Rio Tinto against Canada in their olympic sendoff today. I'm curious to see if they will implement any of the fixing suggestions offered up by this board.

Comment

The Klinsmann way is paying off. I've never seen the US so dynamic on offense. They followed up their dramatic 4-3 comeback win over the Netherlands a few days ago with a 2-1 stunner over Germany today. We are playing and beating elite European soccer powers on their own soil. Yes, these teams aren't the A squads but neither is ours right now. These are fantastic wins even when the rosters are considered.

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                  The Klinsmann way is paying off. I've never seen the US so dynamic on offense. They followed up their dramatic 4-3 comeback win over the Netherlands a few days ago with a 2-1 stunner over Germany today. We are playing and beating elite European soccer powers on their own soil. Yes, these teams aren't the A squads but neither is ours right now. These are fantastic wins even when the rosters are considered.
                  Aren't these games the equivalent of the NFL pre-season?
                  Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

I'll try to resurrect this thread instead of posting all US Soccer stuff in the current World Cup thread. Copa America kicks off tonight. Klinsmann is surely feeling the heat and has to win over a lot of skeptics (including me at times). Bombing out of the Gold Cup the way we did and then losing the Confederations Cup playoff to Mexico made for a really awful summer last year.

I think Klinsmann still tinkers too much but I do like that he has been showing willingness to give the next generation a chance to step up. Zardes and Nagbe both played well in the tune-up games last week, and Christian Pulisic became the youngest American (17) to ever score a goal for the national team. These guys along with Yedlin and Green will need to become leaders soon if the Klinsmann experiment will be allowed to continue through this cycle. We haven't had a young group leading the team since LD and Beasley in 2002, and it's no coincidence that was our best WC finish ever. I love Dempsey, but if a 35 year old striker is still our team and offensive leader next world cup, we will struggle to get out of group play and will certainly not advance farther. The average age of our players on the field is always significantly higher than our competition and that needs to start to change.

As for Copa America, if we want to get out of group play, a result tonight is important. A draw puts us in a good position. Colombia will certainly be the better team and have far and away the best player on the field in James Rodriguez, but they are not unbeatable. I see it as a similar challenge to when we beat drew with Portugal in group play last world cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                      I'll try to resurrect this thread instead of posting all US Soccer stuff in the current World Cup thread. Copa America kicks off tonight. Klinsmann is surely feeling the heat and has to win over a lot of skeptics (including me at times). Bombing out of the Gold Cup the way we did and then losing the Confederations Cup playoff to Mexico made for a really awful summer last year.

I think Klinsmann still tinkers too much but I do like that he has been showing willingness to give the next generation a chance to step up. Zardes and Nagbe both played well in the tune-up games last week, and Christian Pulisic became the youngest American (17) to ever score a goal for the national team. These guys along with Yedlin and Green will need to become leaders soon if the Klinsmann experiment will be allowed to continue through this cycle. We haven't had a young group leading the team since LD and Beasley in 2002, and it's no coincidence that was our best WC finish ever. I love Dempsey, but if a 35 year old striker is still our team and offensive leader next world cup, we will struggle to get out of group play and will certainly not advance farther. The average age of our players on the field is always significantly higher than our competition and that needs to start to change.

As for Copa America, if we want to get out of group play, a result tonight is important. A draw puts us in a good position. Colombia will certainly be the better team and have far and away the best player on the field in James Rodriguez, but they are not unbeatable. I see it as a similar challenge to when we beat drew with Portugal in group play last world cup.
                      Other than Rodriguez who plays for Columbia? Are we with all relevant starters for this game? Where is it being played?
                      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
                        Other than Rodriguez who plays for Columbia? Are we with all relevant starters for this game? Where is it being played?
                        This is an interesting site I like to use to compare teams. http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spiel...d=184&yt0=Show

You can filter, such as choose a national team like US, then it will list all US players with the estimated transfer values this site gives. It's not perfectly accurate, and the US league is devalued a bit, and to compare transfer value to true competitive value older players are devalued a bit and younger players overvalued a bit, but gives you a general idea of how teams stack up. Anything over 5M pounds would be considered a Champions League level player. Colombia has 14, US has 2.

Comment

Stupid fox putting pretty much everything on FS1 and FS2 which means upgrading the TV package.

Come on Fox, get your sports channels on basic!

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                            This is an interesting site I like to use to compare teams. http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spiel...d=184&yt0=Show

You can filter, such as choose a national team like US, then it will list all US players with the estimated transfer values this site gives. It's not perfectly accurate, and the US league is devalued a bit, and to compare transfer value to true competitive value older players are devalued a bit and younger players overvalued a bit, but gives you a general idea of how teams stack up. Anything over 5M pounds would be considered a Champions League level player. Colombia has 14, US has 2.
                            Cool site. It makes sense that Cuadrado and Bacca are 2 and 3 behind Rodriguez. Those three pass and attack very well. Colombia also presses high a lot so I'm hoping our recent switch to a 4-3-3 with Bradley in the defensive midfield where he belongs will help limit costly mistakes possessing the ball in our half.

Comment

Well that was some poor defending by Cameron on that corner.

Comment

Yeah that didn't take long. Home crowd goes crazy for Columbia.

US looks totally overmatched so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X