US Soccer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
    You mean guy (Morris). It only takes one guy screwing up to conceded a goal.
    He got it back.

Did Dempsey assist on that goal?
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• That was fun. USA!

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
        He got it back.

Did Dempsey assist on that goal?
        I thought it just bounced off him but I just went back and looked and he might have known that Morris was back there and was knocking it down for him. If so that was impressive. I don't know if they scored it an assist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
          I thought it just bounced off him but I just went back and looked and he might have known that Morris was back there and was knocking it down for him. If so that was impressive. I don't know if they scored it an assist.
          That's what it looked like. I wish they would break it down.
          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• I'm waiting for analysis from Omaha 680.
            "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
              I'm waiting for analysis from Omaha 680.
              Announcers had it right. Costa Rica wanted to slow the game down and frustrate us and then pick their spots to counter. We fell right into their trap. No composure. And altidore makes it worse by picking up a stupid yellow to get suspended for the next match which is now very important.

We're not in deep trouble but we are sure making it way too interesting. I would have been at this game but I had to come to Omaha this weekend for a wedding. Glad I wasn't home to waste the money.

Comment

• I'm not watching but it's time to start being mildly worried about our chances of qualifying. We need to salvage a point here.

Comment

• Huge huge equalizer by Wood off the bench to get the point. Keeps us in third in the hex ahead of Honduras on goal differential. A loss in this game would have been a real disaster.

Comment

• We did not deserve a point, but I am happy to take it.
                    One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

Woot

I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
                    SU

Comment

• Great start! Pulisic singlehandedly responsible for both goals — creates the easiest possible tap in for Altidore. So good.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                        Great start! Pulisic singlehandedly responsible for both goals — creates the easiest possible tap in for Altidore. So good.
                        Altidore and Wood both with blown chances. Penalty puts USA up 3-0. Very good.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                          Altidore and Wood both with blown chances. Penalty puts USA up 3-0. Very good.
                          Altidore went Freakonomics on that PK.
                          "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                            Altidore went Freakonomics on that PK.
                            The ole Panenka.

Comment

• I guess it doesn't make sense to post about the US in the 2018 Russia thread anymore.

Classy statement by Arena a he steps down.

When I took the job last November, I knew there was a great challenge ahead, probably more than most people could appreciate. Everyone involved in the program gave everything they had for the last 11 months and, in the end, we came up short. No excuses. We didn’t get the job done, and I accept responsibility.
                              I don’t know what the future holds for me, but I can say this from the bottom of my heart: from the high of reaching the quarterfinals of the 2002 World Cup to the low of a few days ago; I have appreciated every minute of being a part of this program.
                              Some are saying Gulati shouldn't have allowed him to resign; that he should have fired him before the plane landed back in the states. But I don't think that's how you treat a coach who has given a lot to US Soccer and answered a call to try to save a sinking ship. Arena was never the long term solution and he made some mistakes this year but it's not all his fault. If Gulati doesn't resign as well he needs to not run for re-election in February. We need new blood from the top down.

Comment

• I hate to be like SU talking down to BYU fans, but I don't think there was necessarily anything anyone did wrong, including Gulati, Klinsman, Arena. We've got talent level in the system to the effect that our results this qualifying period is within the range of expectation. It was randomly on the low end, but not outside of random expectation.

Comment

Working...
                                X