Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Heraclitus View Post
    I slept at a Holiday Inn last night style assertions then?
    Exactly!

All kidding aside, I have no idea why your posts keep popping into the moderation queue. Hopefully we can figure it out. But keep trying.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

How long has it been since the last Findo dupe? We are about due for one, I would think.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

Quote Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    How long has it been since the last Findo dupe? We are about due for one, I would think.
    Could be. But linked footnotes? Time will tell.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Are linked footnotes such an oddity? I obviously have disrupted some sort of protocol. Sorry to have bothered the status quo. Good luck with the "old" discussions. I am a cougar fan. I trust they will do well this year. The suspensions are maddening. Glad to hear Langi's knee is only bruised. And here's hoping Hill's mid range passing skills have improved.

Are linked footnotes such an oddity? I obviously have disrupted some sort of protocol. Sorry to have bothered the status quo. Good luck with the "old" discussions. I am a cougar fan. I trust they will do well this year. The suspensions are maddening. Glad to hear Langi's knee is only bruised. And here's hoping Hill's mid range passing skills have improved.
    Linked footnotes are definitely an oddity. But I agree that these suspensions are maddening. Argh!

lol robinfinderson, you old rogue. welcome back!
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    Linked footnotes are definitely an oddity. But I agree that these suspensions are maddening. Argh!
    Is that a veiled threat? Then I will do as the fleet footed, scary masked poster suggests and self moderate. And seriously, goooo cougars!

Is that a veiled threat? Then I will do as the fleet footed, scary masked poster suggests and self moderate. And seriously, goooo cougars!
    Fleet footed? He's a phippo!
    Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
    God forgives many things for an act of mercy
    Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

In-text links are very common, but footnotes on a forum like this? I've never seen it. Given the available hyperlink function, just do that.

we're really going to treat david foster wallace's ghost in such a rude manner?
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by woot View Post
    In-text links are very common, but footnotes on a forum like this? I've never seen it. Given the available hyperlink function, just do that.
    So little institutional memory around here. I have posts with footnotes.

Quote Originally Posted by pelagius View Post
    Are the footnotes links?
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

Ha, perhaps that no one remembers gives witness to their inefficacy.... I think it was Carl Sandburg who noted that footnotes are akin to having to go downstairs to open the door on your wedding night.

Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    Are the footnotes links?
    No, I never did that

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    Ha, perhaps that no one remembers gives witness to their inefficacy.... I think it was Carl Sandburg who noted that footnotes are akin to having to go downstairs to open the door on your wedding night.
    No, they were entirely confined to my Sunday school lesson notes so I would infer that nobody read my Sunday school notes rather than damn footnotes in such a fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    we're really going to treat david foster wallace's ghost in such a rude manner?

No, I never did that
    See? That's why I didn't mention it. It is the links that were the problem.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

No, they were entirely confined to my Sunday school lesson notes so I would infer that nobody read my Sunday school notes rather than damn footnotes in such a fashion.
    I see the problem here is senescence on my part, as I read pretty much all of your lesson notes during my four-year tour as a GD teacher (interpretation of the abbreviation will differ among readers). They were awesome, although I suspect I flew past most of the notes.

Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    See? That's why I didn't mention it. It is the links that were the problem.
    I think the more likely cause is that the URL referenced the brynmawr.edu domain.

I think the more likely cause is that the URL referenced the brynmawr.edu domain.
    Why would that be a problem?
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

I'll take your word for it
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    Why would that be a problem?
    We automatically moderate posts that contain links to colleges that consider themselves ivy league quality but that are in reality not even close. I thought that was well known policy.
    Last edited by pelagius; 08-14-2014 at 03:48 PM.

We automatically moderate posts that contain links to colleges that consider themselves ivy league quality but that are in reality not even close. I thought that was well known policy.

Not sure—is a “finderson” or is “findersoning” slang; a verb; a euphemism for insincerity or mischief? It is obviously an inside joke and a sign signifying the barking mad meerkat has identified a threat.

The apprehension is understandable. I jumped into a deep hot spring reserved for oligarchy. My life is fragmented. My mind is fragmented. My time is fragmented. On an Internet message board that boasts members named: Solon, Pelaguis, Pheidippides, Pellegrino, Aristides, Moliere et al, Heraclitus seemed appropriate. My contributions can only be fragments and may or may not be attributed to some one real—as each of you?

Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar

Not sure—is a “finderson” or is “findersoning” slang; a verb; a euphemism for insincerity or mischief? It is obviously an inside joke and a sign signifying the barking mad meerkat has identified a threat.

The apprehension is understandable. I jumped into a deep hot spring reserved for oligarchy. My life is fragmented. My mind is fragmented. My time is fragmented. On an Internet message board that boasts members named: Solon, Pelaguis, Pheidippides, Pellegrino, Aristides, Moliere et al, Heraclitus seemed appropriate. My contributions can only be fragments and may or may not be attributed to some one real—as each of you?
    When was Aristides last post?
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    When was Aristides last post?
    Last logged in 2011. Lol, welcome back Robin.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

I never realized how lowbrow my user name is. No wonder no one takes me seriously!

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Addison View Post
    I never realized how lowbrow my user name is. No wonder no one takes me seriously!
    Tell me about it. I tire of young men thinking I'm an easy lay.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Addison View Post
    Nothing lowbrow about being at the corner of awesomeness: if you consider futility awesome. The Cardinals understand awesomeness differently.

Kicked to the curb San Juan Sun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    Last logged in 2011. Lol, welcome back Robin.
    "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb